PDA

View Full Version : The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It

Ezee E
06-09-2021, 04:56 AM
WIKI (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Conjuring:_The_Devil_Made_ Me_Do_It)

Ezee E
06-09-2021, 04:56 AM
SO SO BAD

Scar
06-09-2021, 11:46 AM
Bah, I enjoyed it.

Dukefrukem
06-09-2021, 02:30 PM
Yes it was. The franchise desperately misses Wan. Though one thing made me laugh- The scene transition where Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga were talking to the lawyer about getting her client to plea NOT GUILITY on the grounds of DEMONIC POSESSION.... cut to court room with a stone faced lawyer.

Also, I liked this movie more as a horror investigation type film, rather than a flat out horror film. Would have been more interesting if they turned it into that.

Ezee E
06-09-2021, 10:04 PM
Also, I liked this movie more as a horror investigation type film, rather than a flat out horror film. Would have been more interesting if they turned it into that.

I think it was the Exorcism of Emily Rose that did a pretty good job with an investigative approach.

Ivan Drago
06-14-2021, 03:06 AM
Without James Wan at the helm, the third installment of The Conjuring movie series feels more like a Monster of the Week adventure for the Lorraines, which isn't a bad thing necessarily, but there's nothing to latch onto as far as character arcs go. It's shot in a way that's glossy and artificial, and there are outdated editing techniques straight out of mid-2000s horror that are nauseating to watch. There are some cool atmospheric scares and inspired set pieces scattered throughout, but they're sporadic in a demonic possession film that's part of a franchise that's unfortunately become possessed by corporate greed, robbing it of its imagination and soul.

Spun Lepton
06-17-2021, 03:41 PM
The biggest strength this series has is the relationship between Ed and Lorraine. The sequels still aren't able to match the original, but that one did set the bar pretty high. It's entertaining from beginning to end, but definitely the weakest of the three so far. I still don't like the fact that they claim it's a true story. Please peddle your bullshit elsewhere. 7/10