PDA

View Full Version : the drunk thread....

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Justin
11-06-2007, 05:26 AM
I have a feeling that everyone was waiting for some one else to start it.

monolith94
11-08-2007, 05:28 PM
I was actually waiting to get drunk so that I could start it, as the creator of the original thread. Damn!

Rowland
11-08-2007, 05:32 PM
This is the most likely time of the year for me to gain weight, so I should probably lay off the 'cohol for a while. Probably won't, though.

Lasse
11-08-2007, 09:47 PM
Alright, I'll start. Today was my first day day off in about three weeks, so I decided to celebrate with a few beers. Now I'm buzzed and need to go to bed so I can get my seven hours of sleep.

Damn!

MadMan
11-08-2007, 09:50 PM
If I get off early tonight I may walk down to the sports bar that's near my place of employment and have a few. I think I've only posted drunk in the drunk thread once heh. That was thanks to mixing Captain Morgan with Coke-a-Cola.

Justin
11-09-2007, 04:43 AM
Had a couple of PBRs and High Lifes tonight at a friend's concert, woot.

Scar
11-09-2007, 01:05 PM
I'd have two beers a night at deer camp, and pass out.

Raiders
11-09-2007, 01:28 PM
I'm feeling minor effects (a little headache) of last nights' seven Beck's Darks on tap. I really should have eaten something more than pretzels.

Ivan Drago
11-10-2007, 05:40 PM
So I went out with my floormates lasg nitght and I'm still a little wasted. But it's not over yet - I'm going out tonight with a girl and a few of her friends.

My 19-year dry spell of no dates....ends tonight. I'm fucking stokes.

Katiescarlett
11-11-2007, 02:47 AM
Hi. I'm drunk Val.

Scar
11-11-2007, 02:56 AM
Hi. I'm drunk Val.

Oh dear God.

Katiescarlett
11-11-2007, 02:57 AM
Oh dear God.:pritch: You love me and you know it!!

Katiescarlett
11-11-2007, 02:59 AM
Wow. I really am. I just messed up my rep message

Scar
11-11-2007, 03:02 AM
:pritch: You love me and you know it!!

Yep!

And how did you screw up your rep message?

Katiescarlett
11-11-2007, 03:04 AM
Yep!

And how did you screw up your rep message?

I thought I hit return before I was done typing. maybe not.

Justin
11-11-2007, 03:05 AM
I am getting there, just finished a 6 pack of Yuengling.

MadMan
11-11-2007, 03:06 AM
This thread was enriched by the presence of Drunk Val :lol:

Katiescarlett
11-11-2007, 03:07 AM
This thread was enriched by the presence of Drunk Val :lol:

Look at drunk Val's new Av!!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

MadMan
11-11-2007, 03:10 AM
Look at drunk Val's new Av!!:lol::lol::lol::lol:Dude KF is going to use that as grounds for a divorce :lol:

Katiescarlett
11-11-2007, 03:13 AM
Dude KF is going to use that as grounds for a divorce :lol:

Yeah. I'm gonna change anyway.
(I showed him) cause I don't want to confuse people with having the sameish av as him. Thanks Winston.

Katiescarlett
11-11-2007, 03:14 AM
K, drunk Val's gonna go pass out. Love yas!

Ezee E
11-16-2007, 08:30 AM
I try to get my roommate some action, and all he wants to do is play the Bowling Videogame. Lame! Plus, it took away from my people watching, which is great at the bars.

Tonight, I went to some country one where it seemed like half the bar was under 21, and the girls decided to wear bras and chaps, and then danced on the poles for a good ten minutes. It came out of nowhere and freaked me out at first, but then I changed my position to view properly.

Lucky
11-16-2007, 05:06 PM
I try to get my roommate some action, and all he wants to do is play the Bowling Videogame. Lame!

My roommate was like that freshman year of college. I would rather live with a messy person than a person who never wants to leave the apartment.

Ezee E
11-17-2007, 03:50 AM
My roommate was like that freshman year of college. I would rather live with a messy person than a person who never wants to leave the apartment.
Heh. This guy is also messy.........

Kurosawa Fan
11-17-2007, 04:23 AM
I had a few beers and played Guitar Hero. I'm halfway through medium. :cool:

MadMan
11-24-2007, 10:11 PM
My last night in town before I headed off to relatives and then back up to where I'm going to school was pretty fun. I went to a bar with some friends, drank Bud Light and played darts. I didn't get drunk but I was pretty damn tipsy. Darts is fun when your drinking, and even though I sucked I still managed to get a bullseye and hit the board with all three darts most of the time.

megladon8
11-30-2007, 04:45 AM
Mmmm...I am having a delicious bottle of cabernet sauvignon.

MadMan
12-01-2007, 03:55 AM
Last night was good. I ate pasta and had a couple glasses of Budweiser while watching the Packers-Cowboys game at a local sports bar. I didn't get drunk but if I had been there for the entire game and not had to work that night I probably would have. Especially because of the first half heh...

Duncan
12-01-2007, 07:49 PM
I didn't think I was drunk last night, but I was informed this morning that I got home and woke up my house mate with singing. So a good time was had, apparently.

MadMan
12-05-2007, 05:48 AM
Hi folks. I'm slowly sobering up right now after a fun night that ended only 10 minutes ago.

Basically my work place had a X-Mas party tonight at a bar, and apparently things get crazy their every year. I went thinking I wouldn't get drunk, but the fact that my boss paid everyone's $5.00 fee to get in plus free beer (I drank Bud Light because they didn't have any Budweiser) resulted in my getting wasted. After three hours I was dancing with girls I work with and losing track of how much beer I was even consuming. Luckily I had a ride there and back home because I sure as hell wasn't driving. Our group actually waked to another bar where there was karookee and I danced there some more while sobering up with water. What a fun night-but I really, really don't want to see the pics taken of me tomorrow :lol: that's if the picture takers know my name...and apparently I can take decent pics drunk. Who know? Heh. I didn't do any karookee though as I wasn't that drunk at the time, but there was booty dancing. And it was good.:cool:

Yxklyx
12-08-2007, 06:31 AM
Yahhh. Lots of Guinness here. Anyone else here drink it warm? I like it more that way....

Lasse
12-08-2007, 11:10 PM
I just got home from some random bar. I need to go to get up tomorrow around 7.30 to go to work and act like the boss. That's in abourt 6 hours.

Fucking shit.

Justin
12-09-2007, 06:32 AM
So I got a little drunk tonight at a party that was mostly a lot of people sitting around discussing the new Wu-Tang and Ghostface album, twas a good night.

Paranoid Android
12-09-2007, 05:07 PM
I'm fightin' off the absinthe I had at the bar last night. http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y105/theparanoidandroid/batman.gif

Ivan Drago
12-09-2007, 05:22 PM
I just woke up...and oh my fucking God I'm so hung over. But that's what happens when you drink 6 beers, a shot of tequila and 2 shots of rum.

Isn't college great?

Lucky
12-09-2007, 06:13 PM
I just woke up...and oh my fucking God I'm so hung over. But that's what happens when you drink 6 beers, a shot of tequila and 2 shots of rum.

Isn't college great?

I predict by senior year that amount of liquor won't even faze you the next morning.

Ezee E
12-09-2007, 07:42 PM

Isn't college great?
Rookie.

MadMan
12-09-2007, 07:43 PM
I'm fightin' off the absinthe I had at the bar last night. http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y105/theparanoidandroid/batman.gifWhat does absinthe taste like? I'd like to try that stuff one day.

And hell yeah college is great Ivan. Its the one time of your life when drinking is encouraged by all heh. I can't wait to head back home and party some more with friends over the holiday.

Lasse
12-09-2007, 08:49 PM

Isn't college great?

That's much less than I had the other night and I went to work 6 hours later.

Come to Denmark and drink with us. :|

MadMan
12-09-2007, 09:33 PM
That's much less than I had the other night and I went to work 6 hours later.

Come to Denmark and drink with us. :|Hey man we Americans know you Europeans can outdrink us. No need to rub our faces in about it :P

Lasse
12-09-2007, 09:49 PM
Hey man we Americans know you Europeans can outdrink us. No need to rub our faces in about it :P

There is one. I'm looking for the man you call... Scar.

Paranoid Android
12-09-2007, 09:55 PM
What does absinthe taste like? I'd like to try that stuff one day.

And hell yeah college is great Ivan. Its the one time of your life when drinking is encouraged by all heh. I can't wait to head back home and party some more with friends over the holiday.

It tastes like black licorice. Its very strong, I like it though. :)

EDIT: Us Canadians can out-drink you too. ;)

Scar
12-09-2007, 10:12 PM
There is one. I'm looking for the man you call... Scar.

I drank some Swedes under the table last night at our Holiday Party. And these were real drinkers, too. Those Whiskey Sours were tasty. I forget how many I had, (didn't keep track), a few glasses of wine, a few beers. Felt alright this morning. And I only got about five hours of sleep in the hotel room.

Oh, and inregards to absinthe Madman: Do. Not. Touch. It.

MadMan
12-09-2007, 11:31 PM
Oh, and inregards to absinthe Madman: Do. Not. Touch. It.I've read up on the drink and its trippy causing powers. I'm not gonna lie: the fact that it can cause you to be go on a drug like trip and it being illegal in the US make it appealing to me ;)

It tastes like black licorice. Its very strong, I like it though. :)

EDIT: Us Canadians can out-drink you too. ;)I don't like black licorice at all, so if that's the cause I doubt I'd like it very much(I'm one of those folks who happens to enjoy their drinks tasting good as well. There are some who just drink stuff because it gets them drunk). However I'd still try it anyways (see above response to Scar's post).

I'll disagree with the Canadians being able to outdrink us statement :P

There is one. I'm looking for the man you call... Scar.:lol: Awesome. I think my friend could drink some Europeans under the table, but he's a full time alcoholic.

Ezee E
12-10-2007, 03:54 AM
How I wish I could just have a drink... or two... Right now at work. It's a special event day so I have to be here, but I literally have nothing to do, and it's nighttime. So, so tempting to go to the restaurant across the street.

Lucky
12-10-2007, 05:24 AM
How I wish I could just have a drink... or two... Right now at work. It's a special event day so I have to be here, but I literally have nothing to do, and it's nighttime. So, so tempting to go to the restaurant across the street.

That's what flasks are for.

Ezee E
12-10-2007, 05:39 AM
That's what flasks are for.
Ah righto! ::adds to Christmas list::

Yxklyx
12-14-2007, 02:27 PM
Is Absinthe sweet, bitter, or... sour?

Scar
12-14-2007, 03:41 PM
Is Absinthe sweet, bitter, or... sour?

I have zero recollection. Honestly.

krazed
12-14-2007, 04:38 PM
I have zero recollection. Honestly.

My neighbor imported a bottle and him and a few of my friends killed it before going to the bar. One friend passed out at the bar, another one vomited all the way home and we had to hear from his stupid girlfriend that we "tried to kill her baby". It was entertaining.

We woke up yesterday and got a keg and killed it between like 8 people. Then we got more beer. Hooray for finals being over.

MadMan
12-14-2007, 10:37 PM
My neighbor imported a bottle and him and a few of my friends killed it before going to the bar. One friend passed out at the bar, another one vomited all the way home and we had to hear from his stupid girlfriend that we "tried to kill her baby". It was entertaining.

We woke up yesterday and got a keg and killed it between like 8 people. Then we got more beer. Hooray for finals being over.Hah, awesome. And yo krazed! What's up man? Finals being over is always a thing worth celebrating.

Duncan
12-15-2007, 01:43 PM
Boy, that was stupid.

Scar
12-15-2007, 02:34 PM
Boy, that was stupid.

Is this a guessing game?

Duncan
12-15-2007, 02:46 PM
Is this a guessing game?

Oh, it was just a ridiculously drunken night right in the middle of finals. I wasn't planning on drinking at all, but my house mates threw a party and things degenerated quickly. Now I'm hungover and trying to do some CAD work. It's not going so well.

Ivan Drago
12-15-2007, 06:35 PM
Rookie.

Hey, I don't want to 1) become an alcoholic and 2) accidentally die. What do you want me to do?

Ezee E
12-15-2007, 10:26 PM
Hey, I don't want to 1) become an alcoholic and 2) accidentally die. What do you want me to do?
Man up.

Scar
12-15-2007, 11:51 PM

Isn't college great?

Not to sound like a dick, but when I was your age, thats what we called 'Pre-Game'.

EDIT: And this Leine's Apple Spice ain't bad. Think I'll switch to Summit Extra Pale Ale, The Official Beer of Pwned.

Ivan Drago
12-16-2007, 02:07 AM
Not to sound like a dick, but when I was your age, thats what we called 'Pre-Game'.

That's what I did. I drank at a friends' house before going out to the bars. I don't buy drinks at bars because the last thing I want to get is a drinking ticket.

Justin
12-17-2007, 01:17 AM
That's what I did. I drank at a friends' house before going out to the bars. I don't buy drinks at bars because the last thing I want to get is a drinking ticket.

You just need to find that one bar that does not card, seems like every city has at least one.

MadMan
12-19-2007, 01:45 AM
Last night I watched The Simpsons Movie with friends and drank three Coors Lights. I chugged two early on and felt a bit of buzz while watching the film. Closest I've ever been to viewing a movie while drunk (one of my goals heh).

Lasse
12-19-2007, 08:47 PM
Yahhh. Lots of Guinness here. Anyone else here drink it warm? I like it more that way....

Yeah, I don't know if I like it warm, but it's better if it's not as cold as I normally like my beers.

Last night I watched The Simpsons Movie with friends and drank three Coors Lights. I chugged two early on and felt a bit of buzz while watching the film. Closest I've ever been to viewing a movie while drunk (one of my goals heh).

Dude... :lol:

Lucky
12-20-2007, 05:30 PM
Moving into a new apartment above a bar has not been good for my health this week.

Lasse
12-20-2007, 08:21 PM
Moving into a new apartment above a bar has not been good for my health this week.

I'd call that heaven as long as you don't hear the music or noise from the bar.

transmogrifier
12-20-2007, 10:54 PM

There are plenty of cool things to do while drunk. Watching a movie is pretty low down the list.

Scar
12-21-2007, 12:24 AM
There are plenty of cool things to do while drunk. Watching a movie is pretty low down the list.

Like whip empty beer bottles at bums.

MadMan
12-21-2007, 04:22 AM
Like whip empty beer bottles at bums.While that sounds awesome, I'd rather not do anything, um, illegal :P :lol:

There are plenty of cool things to do while drunk. Watching a movie is pretty low down the list.I have no clue what those might be or if I've done some of them....

I'd call that heaven as long as you don't hear the music or noise from the bar.Pretty much.

transmogrifier
12-21-2007, 05:41 PM
Yeah, I'm drunk. What's it to ya?

Spinal
12-21-2007, 05:59 PM
I watched A.I. drunk the first time and loved it. This, for me, is a tangible example of how much alcohol impairs my judgment.

Ezee E
12-21-2007, 06:08 PM
Yeah, I'm drunk. What's it to ya?
So is posting on the internet cooler or equal to watching movies while drunk?

transmogrifier
12-22-2007, 08:53 AM
So is posting on the internet cooler or equal to watching movies while drunk?

Eh, it was 4am and I was waiting for the shower to come free.

But, definitely less cooler.

bac0n
12-25-2007, 06:05 AM
they say that wine provides for a more "sophisticated" drunk than beer.

I dunno, after this pinot noir, I feel just as sloppy as if I had just downed a case of keystone light.

Merru fucuking christmas!

Ezee E
12-25-2007, 07:56 AM

I dunno, after this pinot noir, I feel just as sloppy as if I had just downed a case of keystone light.

Merru fucuking christmas!
I'd say more sleepy then anything.

MadMan
12-26-2007, 06:05 AM

Merru fucuking christmas!:lol:

Keystone Light is nasty shit beer though. That and Natty Ice are the worst beer I've ever dranken.

Yxklyx
12-31-2007, 11:44 PM
It sucks being sick on new year's eve.

jenniferofthejungle
01-01-2008, 04:35 AM
I had a beer today and I flew for a little while.

Rowland
01-01-2008, 05:29 AM
seven beers and three glasses of champagne... back to the party...

Scar
01-01-2008, 06:37 PM
It sucks being sick on new year's eve.

New Years is a level 5 amateur night.

MadMan
01-04-2008, 08:40 PM
I only had five beers on New Years Eve (I was drinking Coors Light). I've only gotten drunk on New Years once or twice.

Lasse
01-04-2008, 09:27 PM
New Years is a level 5 amateur night.

Yeah, the last few years I've preferred to stay home on New Year's Eve. All those fucking kids and idiots that can't control themselves. I'll prefer not having my ass kicked, thank you.

Scar
01-04-2008, 09:40 PM
Yeah, the last few years I've preferred to stay home on New Year's Eve. All those fucking kids and idiots that can't control themselves. I'll prefer not having my ass kicked, thank you.

When I was 20:
1 bottle of Skyy Vodka
4 shots of Jack
Several pulls of Champagne

:crazy:

Lasse
01-27-2008, 10:27 PM
When I was 20:
1 bottle of Skyy Vodka
4 shots of Jack
Several pulls of Champagne

:crazy:

That'd get me drunk too. :|

I went out both on Friday and Saturday. At some point during Saturday night I got this hott bartender's phone number and now I can't find it. Man, I need to drink less. But no worries, I need to go back to that club soon to finish the bottle that I left there with my name on it. :lol:

Yxklyx
01-27-2008, 10:29 PM
That'd get me drunk too. :|

I went out both on Friday and Saturday. At some point during Saturday night I got this hott bartender's phone number and now I can't find it. Man, I need to drink less. :lol:

Yeah, bartenders can be really hard to track down. They could be anywhere! ;)

BirdsAteMyFace
01-28-2008, 03:09 AM
Been on a margarita binge lately. Came across this fantastic tequila:

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/9198/milagrony0.png

Highly recommended, for something moderately priced.

Sycophant
01-28-2008, 09:36 AM
I didn't get up till noon-thirty on Sunday (stupid, I know), so when I tried to go to bed at 3 a.m., that just didn't work out so well. I'm now drinking some cheap sake to see if that helps me along. One way or the other, I need to be up in four-odd hours.

Sycophant
02-12-2008, 05:03 AM
I ♥ wine.

I'm such a lightweight.

MadMan
02-12-2008, 05:23 AM
I had a beer with super tonight. I think I love Budweiser the most when it comes to American beers. I could have had another (it was actually a special where if you ordered a meal you got two free beers) but I was full and I didn't feel like drinking a second one. I love being 21, if only simply because I can get alcohol whenever I feel like it. That freedom to me is more important than being able to get wasted on a regular basis. Although that can be fun sometimes....

Duncan
02-12-2008, 05:56 AM
I woke up Sunday morning wearing a t-shirt for boxers. A leg through each arm hole. :|

Couldn't tell you how the night before went, obviously.

Yxklyx
02-16-2008, 06:55 AM
I ♥ wine.

I'm such a lightweight.

I generally stay away from wine. More often than not it gives me a major headache the next day. I love it but I don't trust it - kinda like women.

Guinness is the only way to go. It's got a low alcohol content, is exceptionally tasty (when not cooled) and rarely gives a headache.

Acapelli
03-08-2008, 08:53 AM
Pleasant mixture of high and drunk right now.

Night wasn't so pleasant. Got shot down. bleh stupid nyu girls.

Grouchy
03-09-2008, 08:59 PM
Too much beer and too little whisky discussion. Come on. Favorites? On the rocks or solo? Jack and Coke drinkers? Irish Coffee? Anyone?

We're planning a White Russian night with a few friends. We have to gather the ingredients, make our own Russians and then sit down and watch The Big Lebowski, which a couple of them haven't seen.

Derek
03-09-2008, 09:10 PM
Jack and Coke drinkers?

Almost exclusively. Alcoholic beverages don't get much better than Gentleman Jack and Cokes.

Grouchy
03-09-2008, 09:20 PM
Almost exclusively. Alcoholic beverages don't get much better than Gentleman Jack and Cokes.
'Tis good, but Cuba Libre is my favorite mixed drink. I guess in US, you'd call it just Rum and Coke, although maybe I'm wrong. It also needs lime juice in it.

This reminds me, in Argentina one of our most popular alcoholic beverages is fernet, which is also mixed with Coke. It's a herbs drink from Italy. I'm guessing it exists somewhere in the US, but it's not as popular as over here - we even drink more of that the Italians that created it. I should send you Match-Cut drinkers a bottle.

Lasse
03-09-2008, 11:28 PM
Fernet-Branca? Is that what you're talking about? If it is, then I have to say that it's one of the most ungodly foul tasting... things... there is.

I drink a lot, but there isn't many kinds of alcohol I really enjoy. A glass of good wine is great, but my favorite drink is Bacardi 8 (or older) and Coke. Preferably a n ice cold, nice and strong mix, something like 40-60. Heaven.

MadMan
03-10-2008, 02:13 AM
Friday night I got drunk pretty fast, and spent the rest of the night stumbling around and hitting on this one chick. I highly doubt she was interested in me though :lol: It was all to celebrate my own b-day, and the b-day of my good friend-his is two days before mine. Good times.

I only drink beer. I've never been a fan of liquor. I may try whisky someday though.

bac0n
03-10-2008, 05:55 AM
Vive La Birthday Weekend!

It's almost 1am on a Monday morning. I need to be at work in a little over 7 hours. And I'm fucking drunk on Cabernet Sauvignon or whatver teh fuck it's called.

This is livin'.

POSTSCRIPT: Fuck rum & coke. It's all about the gin & tonic, far as I'm concerned.

SCAR's LAWYERS: WTF, man?

Grouchy
03-10-2008, 07:29 PM
Fernet-Branca? Is that what you're talking about? If it is, then I have to say that it's one of the most ungodly foul tasting... things... there is.
Oh, man. You crossed a line. A line in the sand.

Actually, I understand. It's an acquired taste, and most people find it too bitter on first exposures. You gotta mix it with Coke, though, remember.

Lasse
03-10-2008, 08:06 PM

Actually, I understand. It's an acquired taste, and most people find it too bitter on first exposures. You gotta mix it with Coke, though, remember.

You know what, I'll order a fernet branca and coke next time I'm out getting drunk...

... I'll let you know what I think tomorrow. :P

MadMan
03-10-2008, 08:30 PM
You know what, I'll order a fernet branca and coke next time I'm out getting drunk...

... I'll let you know what I think in 30 minutes. :PFixed ;)

Grouchy
03-11-2008, 12:45 AM

... I'll let you know what I think tomorrow. :P
My work here is done.

Waiting feedback now.

Yxklyx
03-11-2008, 12:55 AM

Any other mixer? I can't stand Coke or anything with corn syrup in it. How about a juice?

Grouchy
03-11-2008, 01:28 AM
Any other mixer? I can't stand Coke or anything with corn syrup in it. How about a juice?
Heh, funny you should mention that, I actually tried it with orange juice recently. I was already pretty wasted, and I thought it worked but anything would've worked that far in the game.

A more traditional option is hot black coffee with fernet.

BirdsAteMyFace
03-11-2008, 02:22 AM
Fernet-Branca? Is that what you're talking about? If it is, then I have to say that it's one of the most ungodly foul tasting... things... there is.Speaking of the Italians, I have a bottle of Campari in the fridge. I cringe pretty much every time it catches my eye. Truly awful. Whenever I have friends over and play bartender, I make everyone a straight shot (or mixed shot) of it....without them knowing. Spitting and/or gagging surely ensues.

Lasse
03-15-2008, 06:13 PM

I couldn't finish the drink. :lol:

Lasse
03-15-2008, 06:14 PM
Speaking of the Italians, I have a bottle of Campari in the fridge. I cringe pretty much every time it catches my eye. Truly awful. Whenever I have friends over and play bartender, I make everyone a straight shot (or mixed shot) of it....without them knowing. Spitting and/or gagging surely ensues.

Ew, yeah Campari is terrible as well.

Grouchy
03-16-2008, 01:09 PM
I couldn't finish the drink. :lol:
Hahah! Sorry. If I ever meet you personally, I'll buy you a drink of something else. Thanks for trying.

Ezee E
03-16-2008, 01:22 PM
Friends of mine had me come over to play poker and drink. I had to work superearly today, so I didn't drink, and while I don't mind being the lone sober person if we're out and about, it's miserable if people are playing poker.

On about the fifth hand, I just about had it, and went all in with a five and nine. Lost. And went home early.

I'm glad I had to "borrow" money from a drunk. :)

dreamdead
03-16-2008, 03:00 PM
Went to a townie bar just outside the Uni to celebrate a friend's birthday. This bar is notorious for making god awful Rum and Cokes and Long Islands that lack anything resembling taste.

I have, however, discerned that they make a White Russian that kicks you until you cry for Mommy. After doing just one, the message I left on her Facebook wall read "luckly" instead of "likely". I now have a favorite drink at that bar.

Lasse
03-16-2008, 11:12 PM
Hahah! Sorry. If I ever meet you personally, I'll buy you a drink of something else. Thanks for trying.

That's ok, no problem. I'll have a rum + coke. :lol:

MadMan
03-18-2008, 12:22 AM
This weekend has featured some drinking. I haven't gotten drunk but I have been partying a bit and alcohol was involved. Tonight I may drink in honor of St. Patty's Day. My friend is trying to get us some green beer :lol:

Scar
03-18-2008, 11:43 AM
This weekend has featured some drinking. I haven't gotten drunk but I have been partying a bit and alcohol was involved. Tonight I may drink in honor of St. Patty's Day. My friend is trying to get us some green beer :lol:

Beer + Green Food Coloring.

Black and Tan's would have been a much better idea.

Ezee E
03-18-2008, 04:28 PM
My roommates are gone for the week.

Tonight, I'm making spaghetti, going to drink the beer that I missed out on yesterday, and watch Southland Tales.

It will be glorious.

MadMan
03-18-2008, 09:13 PM
Beer + Green Food Coloring.

Black and Tan's would have been a much better idea.Perhaps. But it doesn't matter because we didn't get any. Oh well. I may grab a case for tourney watching but I prefer to view sports sober.

Duncan
03-21-2008, 02:51 AM
Some bottle of wine with raccoons on the label. As a general observation, there are too many wine brands named after animals and/or with animals as their trademark. What ever happened to grapes, you know? Those singing raisins back in the day made for good enough mascots.

Also, I'm at a restaurant tonight and some dish has a "beurre blanc" sauce on it. What, is there a "beurre noir" somewhere out there? Talk about redundant.

MadMan
03-24-2008, 04:07 AM
I finished my spring break with more drinking. At a bar no less. Although I didn't really get drunk. This week my boss is quitting because she's getting married, so I'll be going out to the bars. Then after that it'll be a decent sober streak before my friend's b-day next month.

PS: 2,000th post. Cool.

Lucky
03-26-2008, 04:36 PM
I think Hacker Pschorr might be my new favorite beer.

bac0n
03-26-2008, 04:50 PM
I think Hacker Pschorr might be my new favorite beer.

I think I've had that but can't remember anything about it. What type of beer is it, and what do you like about it?

Lucky
03-27-2008, 08:02 PM
I think I've had that but can't remember anything about it. What type of beer is it, and what do you like about it?

It's a wheat ale and I think it slightly resembles bubble gum.

MadMan
03-28-2008, 07:45 AM
Hullo everyone. I'm currently still drunk. I got a ride home from the bars. Since my boss was quitting we held a party for her (she's getting married and shit) most of the drinks were paid for. After getting drunk I then went to a co-worker's house and had a mind alternerning experience heh (take a guess....) and then went to another bar where I danced with some chicks before someone drove me home. What a crazy night that was. Whoa.

Scar
03-28-2008, 11:36 AM

You have much to learn....

Duncan
04-10-2008, 01:00 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/af/OE_800.JPG/300px-OE_800.JPG
days till graduation.

Scar
04-10-2008, 11:25 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/af/OE_800.JPG/300px-OE_800.JPG
days till graduation.

Man, I remember having ghetto nights back at college. Good times, good times.

Kurosawa Fan
04-10-2008, 04:02 PM
Man, I remember having ghetto nights back at college. Good times, good times.

Big Bear REPRESENT!!

Rowland
04-10-2008, 06:06 PM
After getting drunk I then went to a co-worker's house and had a mind alternerning experience heh (take a guess....) Sex/drugs/both?

MadMan
04-10-2008, 07:13 PM
Sex/drugs/both?Just weed. Sex? Hah. I wish.

Duncan
04-10-2008, 07:37 PM
Speaking of mind altering experiences, I did shrooms for the second time ever last weekend. I hadn't tried them in about 2 years because the first time I got all misanthropic and nihilistic. This time was the complete opposite. One of the most pleasurable four and a half hours I've ever experienced.

Lasse
04-10-2008, 09:43 PM
Once upon a time, when I was young, dumb and drunk I hid the toilet paper in a cupbord next to my toilet. Imagine my perplexed look when I had to take my morning-after-drinking dump and I couldn't find the toilet paper.

Oh wait, that was this morning. I never learn.

Rowland
04-11-2008, 06:43 AM
My girl and I are having an end-of-the-week party tomorrow night. Just the two of us, lots of drinks, maybe some Golden Girls reruns... should be fun.

MadMan
04-13-2008, 04:38 AM
Today I went to a wedding. That was boring as hell. It was my former boss who was getting married, so I decided to go. The after party was okay, seeing as I spent 3 hours of it drinking free beer. I did a little bit of dancing after spending an hour and a half sobering up, but the whole thing pretty much died down. Following that I drove home and stopped by a local bar for a few drinks. What an interesting night that was. The band they had playing at the after party was decent I suppose. I also observed once again that women look great dressed up no matter what. Pure and simple.

Ezee E
04-13-2008, 02:31 PM
Today I went to a wedding. That was boring as hell. It was my former boss who was getting married, so I decided to go. The after party was okay, seeing as I spent 3 hours of it drinking free beer. I did a little bit of dancing after spending an hour and a half sobering up, but the whole thing pretty much died down. Following that I drove home and stopped by a local bar for a few drinks. What an interesting night that was. The band they had playing at the after party was decent I suppose. I also observed once again that women look great dressed up no matter what. Pure and simple.
I don't get the hate of Wedding receptions. I've had a blast at everyone I've gone to. For the same reasons you listed pretty much. I actually like the ones where I hardly know anyone because then there's no regrets if you do something silly.

Scar
04-13-2008, 05:29 PM
Wedding receptions are always a fun time!

MadMan
04-14-2008, 08:18 PM
I don't get the hate of Wedding receptions. I've had a blast at everyone I've gone to. For the same reasons you listed pretty much. I actually like the ones where I hardly know anyone because then there's no regrets if you do something silly.Yeah I agree that (so long as you can drink) at wedding receptions they're okay in my book. The only thing this one lacked was live karokee. I was so ready to do a song or two, however drunk I may have been at the time :lol: I prefer to go to wedding receptions with only friends or co-workers (it was a mix of both at the reception I went to) rather than family. Simply for the reason you stated as to why you'd rather go to a reception where you don't know anyone.

Sycophant
04-14-2008, 08:34 PM
All receptions I've been to have been totally dry. But if I've had enough friends there, they've been fun.

Though I try to excuse myself for the speeches. Wedding reception speeches are never good and tend to destroy all my goodwill for the happy couple.

Scar
04-15-2008, 11:41 AM
All receptions I've been to have been totally dry. But if I've had enough friends there, they've been fun.

Though I try to excuse myself for the speeches. Wedding reception speeches are never good and tend to destroy all my goodwill for the happy couple.

My speech at my younger brother's wedding owned all.

And FSFG's younger brother's speech at his wedding was abso-fucking-lutely pathetic. He told me he should've made me the best man. *shrug*

Scar
04-15-2008, 11:48 AM
Write your speech, practice your speech, memorize your speech.

"Hi everyone. My name's Rob, or according to my name placcard up here at the head table, its Robby James. (I tossed the placard at John after that) I'm one of John's older brothers. His other brother is Dave and he's sitting right here.

John and Sheila truly do make a wonderful couple. But, Sheila, honey, can you do us all a favor and stop fattening him up, and pulling out all his hair while he sleeps? The family would greatly appreciate it.
I remember back around Easter, we were all starting to wonder just when John was going to propose to Sheila. It got to the point that we decided if she didn't show up with a rock on her finger, I'd go in to town and buy her one myself. But, alas, she showed up with that sparkle sparkle on her finger and that was all she wrote.
It did take a bit of time for my parents to teach her how to properly show off her ring. However, I think she's got that down pat now.

John never was the best at remembering dates, so he figured he'd propose to her on the same day as a holiday. Yeah, he picked Good Friday. *long pause* Thats our Johnny, but, you know, I can't help but love him like a brother.

In closing, I'm reminded of a quote of my father's. Don't worry all, I'll clean it up a bit. He always says he married very, very, very, very well. His wife... Yeah, well, she didn't marry for crap. I think that quote rings true here today with this couple."

MadMan
04-21-2008, 03:01 AM
Last night I celebrated my friend's birthday with lots of beer at a party he threw at his place. Good times were had by all. I discovered that Walk Hard is just as funny when your drunk. Although I noted that the last act really does kind of blow. This time I actually noted all of the artists that the film was spoofing.

Ezee E
04-21-2008, 03:12 AM
Last night I celebrated my friend's birthday with lots of beer at a party he threw at his place. Good times were had by all. I discovered that Walk Hard is just as funny when your drunk. Although I noted that the last act really does kind of blow. This time I actually noted all of the artists that the film was spoofing.
Things are usually funnier when you are drunk.

MadMan
04-21-2008, 05:02 AM
Things are usually funnier when you are drunk.Or high ;) Not that I would know anything about that....*shifty eyes*

Rowland
04-21-2008, 06:22 AM
I had a bit of a party last night myself. Cheap cherry vodka + cranberry juice + tostitos = <3

Lasse
04-24-2008, 11:58 PM
I'm so god damn drunk now. I have three phone numers in my pocket and I don't remember who is who.

God damn me!!!

Ezee E
04-25-2008, 12:58 AM
I'm so god damn drunk now. I have three phone numers in my pocket and I don't remember who is who.

God damn me!!!
At this point, does it matter which one you call?

jenniferofthejungle
04-25-2008, 04:14 AM

God damn me!!!

The second one was me, Lasse.

Lasse
04-25-2008, 09:18 AM
Oh well. Me so stupid. :crazy:

transmogrifier
04-25-2008, 05:02 PM
:cool:

MadMan
04-25-2008, 05:55 PM

God damn me!!!:lol: One day I'm going to go out drinking with you Lasse. I bet it'll be a great experience: the lightweight and the alcoholic, and a night out on the town....

Lasse
04-25-2008, 07:18 PM
:lol: One day I'm going to go out drinking with you Lasse. I bet it'll be a great experience: the lightweight and the alcoholic, and a night out on the town....

I have a red pill and a blue pill... ;)

btw, I'm pretty drunk right now. Cheap vodka and orange juige does the trick! :pritch:

MadMan
04-25-2008, 07:34 PM
I have a red pill and a blue pill... ;)

btw, I'm pretty drunk right now. Cheap vodka and orange juige does the trick! :pritch:The Matrix has you!!!! :eek:

I just can't do vodka. But orange juice is crazy delicious.

Rowland
04-25-2008, 07:38 PM
I've probably drank several liters of cheap vodka over the last two weeks or so. My body hates me.

Lasse
04-26-2008, 09:41 AM
The Matrix has you!!!! :eek:

God damn right. Btw, I've just woken up now, and already I know that I have to go ou again tonight. Hehehe....

I just can't do vodka. But orange juice is crazy delicious.

Wait, what? Everybody can do vodka!! What the hell is wrong with you? :P

MadMan
04-26-2008, 09:32 PM
God damn right. Btw, I've just woken up now, and already I know that I have to go ou again tonight. Hehehe....

Wait, what? Everybody can do vodka!! What the hell is wrong with you? :PI'm not a liquor man. I stick to beer when I'm drinking.

Rowland
04-26-2008, 11:36 PM
Lemon gin and cherry soda mixed last night... it was okay.

Lasse
04-27-2008, 05:06 AM
So... I'll tell you about this when I'm sober. Pretty intense. All i have to say it that I've just arrived home and that my soccer match starts on three hours. :lol:

Yeah, surely I'm going to be man of the match.

EDIT: It's now one hour later, and it's about time to leave for soccer. I feel pretty strange right now.

Barty
04-29-2008, 09:01 AM
I had my first drinks ever tonight.

Boner M
04-29-2008, 10:38 AM
I love leaving bars/clubs, then walking home through the city wasted at night, with headphones playing jazz on full blast. Did it last Friday. Feels sooo good.

Also, congrats Barty.

Ezee E
04-29-2008, 01:52 PM
Ever, ever?

Lasse
04-29-2008, 04:23 PM

*perplexed*

:P

I love leaving bars/clubs, then walking home through the city wasted at night, with headphones playing jazz on full blast. Did it last Friday. Feels sooo good.

I couldn't agree more. Lately I've started bringing my mp3-player and my headphones when I go out to drink. Sometimes I'll even drum along, sing and rap out loud. I'm sure I embarass myself, but I love it. Although I most certainly don't play jazz. ;)

Boner M
04-29-2008, 04:32 PM
I couldn't agree more. Lately I've started bringing my mp3-player and my headphones when I go out to drink. Sometimes I'll even drum along, sing and rap out loud. I'm sure I embarass myself, but I love it. Although I most certainly don't play jazz. ;)
Jazz fits the cityscape better, I find. And it's a nice breath of fresh air after hearing rock/indie/techno/whatever for the whole night.

MadMan
04-29-2008, 06:53 PM
I had my first drinks ever tonight.About damn time. Having a drink every now and then is a good thing, although I have gone months without doing so. But that stemmed largely from that fact that I've been broke alot.

MadMan
05-12-2008, 09:47 PM
Drinking at the bowling alley rocks. Especially when your bowling with a bowling ball in one hand and a cup of beer in the other.

Duncan
05-12-2008, 10:40 PM
I've been drinking about 5 nights a week for the past month now. I'm starting to get sick. I suppose that's to be expected. It's only second semester senior year once though, right?

origami_mustache
05-13-2008, 12:18 AM
Drinking at the bowling alley rocks. Especially when your bowling with a bowling ball in one hand and a cup of beer in the other.

Yeah, the only thing better is bowling, drinking, and gambling!

Sycophant
05-13-2008, 12:37 AM
I love leaving bars/clubs, then walking home through the city wasted at night, with headphones playing jazz on full blast. Did it last Friday. Feels sooo good.Drunk walking is awesome. Drunk walking to awesome music, jazz in particular, is godly.

Lasse
05-13-2008, 08:47 PM
Drunk walking is awesome. Drunk walking to awesome music, jazz in particular, is godly.

At least we can agree on the drunk walking to [...] music is godly part. Give me hard rock or rap when I'm drunk.

At this point I've pretty much given up on jazz, and it's pretty much the only genre where I hardly like anything in.

MadMan
05-13-2008, 09:02 PM
Yeah, the only thing better is bowling, drinking, and gambling!I'm too broke to gamble. One day though, one day! I did get drunk at a casino, but that was at a wedding party. So it really doesn't count.

Lucky
05-18-2008, 08:05 PM
I've been drinking about 5 nights a week for the past month now. I'm starting to get sick. I suppose that's to be expected. It's only second semester senior year once though, right?

Indeed, that was the best time of my entire life. Don't miss a single opportunity, because life in the dreamland is almost over.

monolith94
05-31-2008, 04:35 AM
Tonight I had:

1 glass of purtugese green wine
1 1/8th of a glass of shitty homemade mead
6 bottles of landshark
http://www.united-nations-of-beer.com/images/landsharklager.jpg
2 bottles of corona

man oh man
frunker than I've been in aw hile a longe whie

Kurosawa Fan
06-01-2008, 03:23 AM
HIYO!!!

Brothers wedding was tonight. Good times.

Rowland
06-01-2008, 05:20 AM
The last few times I've drank, I've either turned incredibly sluggish and fallen asleep, gotten sick, or both. I think I need to take a break for a bit, or at least drink less...

BirdsAteMyFace
06-01-2008, 05:51 AM
Had a pre-birthday party tonight (turning 23 on Tuesday), and got drunk for the first time ever. My ass was on the floor, begging for the room to stop spinning. Threw up half an hour after having stopped drinking. Not fun. Never again.

Ezee E
06-01-2008, 06:22 AM
The last few times I've drank, I've either turned incredibly sluggish and fallen asleep, gotten sick, or both. I think I need to take a break for a bit, or at least drink less...
Or drink something different.

transmogrifier
06-01-2008, 07:04 AM
Never again.

Sure. ;)

MadMan
06-23-2008, 07:30 PM
Poker night + a 12 pack of Coors=good times.

bac0n
06-26-2008, 04:22 PM
Poker night + a 12 pack of Coors=good times.

Coors? Yikes. But then again, I shouldn't be too surprised. When I was living in Iowa, I was practically drowning in Keystone Light *fights gag reflex*. ;)

Ezee E
06-26-2008, 05:16 PM
Coors? Yikes. But then again, I shouldn't be too surprised. When I was living in Iowa, I was practically drowning in Keystone Light *fights gag reflex*. ;)
What do you drink on a whim? Not everyone has those unique, pretentious beers. :)

MadMan
06-26-2008, 05:52 PM
Coors? Yikes. But then again, I shouldn't be too surprised. When I was living in Iowa, I was practically drowning in Keystone Light *fights gag reflex*. ;)Hey I'm a proud Coors man :P Keystone Light is utterly nasty and is one of the worst beers out there. The only times I've consumed is when I've been drunk and it was the only beer left to drink.

bac0n
06-26-2008, 06:10 PM
Hey I'm a proud Coors man :P Keystone Light is utterly nasty and is one of the worst beers out there. The only times I've consumed is when I've been drunk and it was the only beer left to drink.

You're drunk and Keystone is all that's left to drink: that's nature's way of telling you it's time to stop drinking. :cool: Of course, in my case, you can switch the word Keystone with Coors and have it still apply.

MadMan
06-26-2008, 06:18 PM
You're drunk and Keystone is all that's left to drink: that's nature's way of telling you it's time to stop drinking. :cool: Of course, in my case, you can switch the word Keystone with Coors and have it still apply.But maybe I want to get drunk! :P

And Coors has great taste. Keystone is pure shit. Its like drinking really watered down beer, complete with spit and piss mixed in. Ugh.

Ezee E
06-26-2008, 06:31 PM
Coors Light and Bud Lite taste the same to me.

Lucky
06-26-2008, 06:36 PM

Maybe that's why I prefer them both to Miller.

MadMan
06-26-2008, 06:59 PM
I'm not a big fan of Miller products. Especially Miller Light, which I think is decent at best.

Boner M
06-27-2008, 04:08 PM
Karaoke'd for the first time tonite. Killed 'Purple Rain', 'Creep' and Weezer's 'Say it Ain't So'. Most of the time I was fellatio'ing the mic and making guttural screams, for no good reason. I'm still rly drunk, fuck.

NickGlass
06-27-2008, 09:39 PM

Then you have some wacky taste buds, man. Coors (in any variety, particularly Coors Light) is dirty, dirty water. I don't even know if it's possible to get drunk off Coors Light. Miller Lite it piss water, as well. Bud Light is the only cheap American beer I enjoy drinking. Europe has such superior cheap beer. America's cheap beer selection is hopeless.

MadMan
06-27-2008, 10:16 PM
For the record I know that American beer as a whole sucks. But hey its all I have. I'm too broke to go to Europe and drink their superior alcoholic beverages.

bac0n
06-28-2008, 04:29 PM
For the record I know that American beer as a whole sucks. But hey its all I have. I'm too broke to go to Europe and drink their superior alcoholic beverages.

I don't blame you for having this common misconception. After having lived in Ames for 3 years, I can verify that the good US beer is not allowed in Iowa.

MadMan
06-28-2008, 08:46 PM
I don't blame you for having this common misconception. After having lived in Ames for 3 years, I can verify that the good US beer is not allowed in Iowa.:lol: Perhaps. Perhaps. After all I'm in the Midwest, where boredom causes us to drink, smoke, and engage in large amounts of sexual behavior ;)

All of that brings to mind William Shatner's song Common People, which is awesome.

Boner M
06-29-2008, 01:22 AM
All of that brings to mind William Shatner's song Common People, which is awesome.
LOL - Pulp's song, y'mean.

MadMan
07-23-2008, 04:32 AM
LOL - Pulp's song, y'mean.You mean its a cover song? Huh.

Last week I got so drunk I had a hangover the next day. I've decided that I'm not getting drunk for a long time, although I'll have a beer once and a while. Being broke sure helps.

Kurosawa Fan
07-24-2008, 01:04 PM
My son turned three yesterday, and somehow I celebrated the hardest. :confused:

Scar
07-24-2008, 01:49 PM
My son turned three yesterday, and somehow I celebrated the hardest. :confused:

He challenged you to go shot for shot?

Kurosawa Fan
07-24-2008, 02:01 PM
He challenged you to go shot for shot?

I lost.

Scar
07-24-2008, 02:09 PM
I lost.

Getting old sucks, doesn't it?

Kurosawa Fan
07-24-2008, 02:52 PM
Getting old sucks, doesn't it?

Big time.

MadMan
07-24-2008, 07:51 PM
My son turned three yesterday, and somehow I celebrated the hardest. :confused:Kids these days....;)

Ezee E
07-25-2008, 03:44 AM
KF's kid tricked him and was just taking shots of apple juice the whole time.

Papa K passed out

Later that night, Little K got into that cabinet that only Papa K can open.

megladon8
07-27-2008, 01:52 PM
Last night I got totally plastered.

First time in my life I've ever really been drunk.

It was a good time.

kamran
07-27-2008, 11:41 PM
I'm not a beer person by any means, but I've recently discovered Fruli - a Belgian strawberry-flavored concoction that had me bouncing off the walls.

Meanwhile, my birthday last week was all about Red Bulls and vodka. I paid a price for it in the morning, but I think it was worth it.

origami_mustache
07-27-2008, 11:51 PM
After getting tired of Newcastle and Widmer Hefeweizen, I've been buying Pyramid Wheat lately since 12 packs have been on sale for $8 and it is typically $18. Also it's hard to find Blue Moon Wheat here, although I see the Belgian White often. I miss the local brewery in Kansas City. Boulevard Wheat and Lunar Ale are sooooo gooooood. Anyways I shall commence drinking now.

BirdsAteMyFace
07-28-2008, 04:14 AM
Speaking of Red Bull, this is something I mixed up tonight...

In a lowball glass:

1-1 1/2 oz. Hangar One (Mandarin Blossom vodka)
1/2-1 oz. Sweet & Sour mix
fill with Red Bull

Lucky
07-28-2008, 08:17 AM
There's a shot somewhat similar to that popular around these parts coined a "skankbomb." It has Stoli Razz, Blue Curacao, and Red Bull in it. It tastes precisely like a blue sweet tart and looks like Midori.

NickGlass
07-28-2008, 05:44 PM
Judging from my in-person interaction with Matchcut folk, I'm going to claim that you folks don't drink enough.

Or maybe I simply have a drinking problem...

Ezee E
07-28-2008, 05:51 PM
Judging from my in-person interaction with Matchcut folk, I'm going to claim that you folks don't drink enough.

Iosos doesn't catch me as much of a drinker anyway.

Boner, I would never know.

Benny Profane
07-28-2008, 05:52 PM

Lots of fruity wheat beers and girlie cocktails, too. Disappointing.

Scar
07-28-2008, 06:24 PM

I have a tendency to knock back two or three High Lifes a night.

Boner M
07-28-2008, 07:00 PM
Ding ding.

Thank god I kept away from you over the weekend, or I'd have been bankrupted even earlier.

Duncan
07-28-2008, 07:17 PM
Yeah, thank god my Dad was in New York for the last week of college. I was overdrawn by 50 bucks (bank wouldn't let me take any more out) and there was plenty of drinking to be done. He was happy to oblige. Kind of a graduation present I guess.

Sven
07-28-2008, 10:10 PM
Iosos doesn't catch me as much of a drinker anyway.

Is my intellect so sobering? :)

Awesome Cube score, by the way. Thoroughly retarded film.

Spinal
07-28-2008, 10:20 PM
I don't get why dudes police what other dudes drink. Why do you care?

Lasse
07-28-2008, 11:08 PM
Last night I got totally plastered.

First time in my life I've ever really been drunk.

It was a good time.

How did that happen?

I don't talk much about my drinking habits. :P

Ezee E
07-28-2008, 11:09 PM
I don't get why dudes police what other dudes drink. Why do you care?
Psh. I'm never going to meet you in Portland. Forget that now.

MadMan
07-29-2008, 02:15 AM
I don't get why dudes police what other dudes drink. Why do you care?Because its all about sounding so manly because they're "Such hardcore drinkers?" Heh. But then I'm just a social drinker for the most part, who only sometimes gets drunk.

Sycophant
07-29-2008, 04:30 PM
I don't drink much these days, but when I do, I prefer my drinks fruity, I'm a total lightweight, and I can barely hold my liquor.

Duncan
07-29-2008, 04:41 PM
I usually have a beer with dinner and one closer to bed time. I haven't been really drunk since May, which I spent the entirety of intoxicated.

megladon8
08-04-2008, 12:04 AM
So last night I drank...

-4 Sleeman Fine Porter beers
-2 White Russians (double shots of Kahlua and Vodka in each)
-3 double shots of dark rum in a glass of Full Throttle
-2 double shots of rum with Pepsi
-scotch on the rocks

I didn't get drunk this time, but I had a great buzz goin' on. Felt amazing to go swimming.

Derek
08-04-2008, 12:10 AM
So last night I drank...

-scotch on the rocks

I didn't get drunk this time

Dude, what did that Superman tattoo do to you!?

megladon8
08-04-2008, 12:16 AM
Dude, what did that Superman tattoo do to you!?

:lol:

I've always had an insanely high tolerance for alcohol.

The only reason I got drunk last weekend is because I was also smoking a lot of pot.

MadMan
08-04-2008, 03:09 AM
:lol:

I've always had an insanely high tolerance for alcohol.

The only reason I got drunk last weekend is because I was also smoking a lot of pot.Dude mixing the two is a great high. You feel very light, and at the same time the buzz is strong enough to knock you on your ass. I've done that only twice though.

megladon8
08-04-2008, 01:11 PM
Dude mixing the two is a great high. You feel very light, and at the same time the buzz is strong enough to knock you on your ass. I've done that only twice though.

It's definitely smarter to smoke first, then drink.

If you get sloppy drunk and smoke some pot, you can get really, really sick.

Lasse
08-04-2008, 09:48 PM
-scotch on the rocks

That's just breakfast. :|

;)

MadMan
08-05-2008, 01:38 AM

;)Drunk :P

It's definitely smarter to smoke first, then drink.

If you get sloppy drunk and smoke some pot, you can get really, really sick.Huh, really? Cause the two times I've done it I've gotten really drunk first. And then I've smoked pot. Its never made me sick. But maybe I've been lucky.

Scar
08-05-2008, 02:18 AM

Yeah, I can vouch for this.

Scar
08-05-2008, 02:22 AM

;)

I'll split that breakfast with ya if you can make it to Copenhagen. I'm guessing sometime 'round October.

Lasse
08-05-2008, 11:57 AM
I'll split that breakfast with ya if you can make it to Copenhagen. I'm guessing sometime 'round October.

Seriously? Are you coming to Denmark? I'm very tempted. :cool:

Scar
08-05-2008, 12:46 PM
Seriously? Are you coming to Denmark? I'm very tempted. :cool:

I should be in Lund, Sweden for a few weeks. Possibly a couple trips. Several people have told me to spend a weekend in Copenhagen. God bless business trips.

Lasse
08-05-2008, 07:55 PM
I should be in Lund, Sweden for a few weeks. Possibly a couple trips. Several people have told me to spend a weekend in Copenhagen. God bless business trips.

Well let me know when the time comes, and I'll see if I have the time. I'm working 20 minutes away from Copenhagen.
Copenhagen is nice, but mostly expensive.

PS: I've been to Lund. Lund is full of pretty girls. Heh. ;)

Scar
08-05-2008, 08:12 PM
PS: I've been to Lund. Lund is full of pretty girls. Heh. ;)

Sure, they couldn't send me to Lund when I was single....

soitgoes...
08-06-2008, 04:59 AM
If you get sloppy drunk and smoke some pot, you can get really, really sick.This. For me smoking pot and drinking was never a smart combo. A great way to secure getting the spins at some point in the night. Smoking first just gives me cotton-mouth which will lead to me drinking too much, too fast. I keep the two separate.

Kurosawa Fan
08-06-2008, 02:31 PM

Absolutely. Just thinking about a few of those nights is turning my stomach right now.

Scar
08-06-2008, 02:53 PM
Absolutely. Just thinking about a few of those nights is turning my stomach right now.

Yeah, my head was in the toilet FOREVER.

Scar
09-03-2008, 10:32 PM
Jess greeted me with a rather tall whiskey sour when I got home from work.

Nice buzz, nice buzz....

Duncan
09-04-2008, 05:05 PM
I had my first alcoholic drink (just one beer) in a month last night. I think this is the way to drink. Or, at least, make it once a week only. That way my tolerance is ridiculously low and I require like 1 or 2 drinks to get buzzed.

Scar
09-04-2008, 05:10 PM
I had my first alcoholic drink (just one beer) in a month last night. I think this is the way to drink. Or, at least, make it once a week only. That way my tolerance is ridiculously low and I require like 1 or 2 drinks to get buzzed.

I get a nice buzz after a couple beers just about every night. The key is not to get anhilated often, if ever.

NickGlass
09-04-2008, 05:28 PM

It's a good plan, but I don't like the whole idea of not drinking for a month. Also, I don't think I'd want to get buzzed off a beer or two.

Kurosawa Fan
09-04-2008, 05:35 PM
It only takes two to get me buzzed, and I drink about once a week. But I never drink to get drunk, just to get a nice buzz.

Scar
09-04-2008, 05:43 PM
It only takes two to get me buzzed, and I drink about once a week. But I never drink to get drunk, just to get a nice buzz.

I've had a couple weddings the past couple months. My tolerance is still quite high, but its nice to know that I can just have a few beers to get that nice buzz.

Duncan
09-04-2008, 06:14 PM
It's a good plan, but I don't like the whole idea of not drinking for a month. Also, I don't think I'd want to get buzzed off a beer or two.

I spent most of April and May binge drinking 4 nights a week (7 towards the very end), so I consider this sabbatical from alcohol necessary.

NickGlass
09-04-2008, 06:21 PM

I don't drink to get drunk, either. I just really enjoy drinking and drunk just happens when you've been drinking for six hours.

Kurosawa Fan
09-04-2008, 07:41 PM
I don't drink to get drunk, either. I just really enjoy drinking and drunk just happens when you've been drinking for six hours.

Yeah, that's drinking to get drunk.

MadMan
09-04-2008, 07:50 PM
I've been sober for roughly a month now. Its boring, but I've saved money that way.

Ezee E
09-04-2008, 08:28 PM
Six hours is a little longer then just your "one or two" bud. You're drinking to get drunk.

Ezee E
09-04-2008, 08:28 PM
Yeah, that's drinking to get drunk.
Heh.

NickGlass
09-04-2008, 09:14 PM
Six hours is a little longer then just your "one or two" bud. You're drinking to get drunk.

'Twas a joke.

Nonetheless, I'm a very social drinker. Therefore, if I go out with friends or acquaintances, a restaurant (and subsequently, a bar) is the likely destination. You get swept in conversation and the convivial atmosphere and then, before you know it, you're stumbling to the fifth bar of the night.

Kurosawa Fan
09-04-2008, 09:20 PM
I know it was a joke. I'm just giving you shit. ;)

megladon8
09-07-2008, 08:57 PM
Wow, I got smashed last night at a party downtown.

Three double scotches, two pints of Stella Artois, and a pitcher of Carlsberg.

Ezee E
09-07-2008, 09:28 PM
Wow, I got smashed last night at a party downtown.

Three double scotches, two pints of Stella Artois, and a pitcher of Carlsberg.
Ew, double scotches.

megladon8
09-08-2008, 03:43 AM
Ew, double scotches.

You don't like scotch?

Ezee E
09-08-2008, 04:02 AM
You don't like scotch?
Not particularly, especially when going out.

Scar
09-08-2008, 11:30 AM
I only drink scotch at home, 'cause good scotch ain't cheap.

Spinal
10-12-2008, 02:24 AM
Birthday weekend on the coast! Viva la SoCo!

Kurosawa Fan
10-12-2008, 02:26 AM
I've had a couple Octoberfests, and am feeling quite nice myself.

Spinal
10-12-2008, 02:53 AM
I've had a couple Octoberfests, and am feeling quite nice myself.

Cheers!!!

megladon8
10-12-2008, 03:01 AM
Bought this and have been enjoying it...

http://www.avenuevine.com/archives/JackDanielGentBot-w.jpg

Definitely better than regular JD, which I'm not a fan of.