PDA

View Full Version : Justice League Dark: Apokolips War (Christina Sotta, Matt Peters)

Dukefrukem
05-09-2020, 03:07 AM
https://wehaveahulk.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Justice-League-Dark-Apokolips-War-Cover-art-800x445.jpg

Dukefrukem
05-09-2020, 12:45 PM
This is the Infinity War of the DCAU (DC Animated Universe). There's references to previous films such as Flashpoint Paradox, Justice League War, Justice League Vs The Teen Titans, Suicide Squad Hell To Pay, and of course.. the recent Constantine installments. It's quite the assortment of characters... which includes the mysterious and elusive Swamp Thing.

Brutally violent. Seeing Aquaman, Hawkman / Hawkwoman, Nightwing, Batgirl, Wonder Woman's fate, In a universe where Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman are the main attraction, this show belongs to Constantine. It's a nice change of pace using Raven as part of the main story; a lower level character in the Justice League.

Skitch
05-09-2020, 01:20 PM
This is the Infinity War of the DCAU (DC Animated Universe).

HOLY FUCKING FUCK

Dukefrukem
05-09-2020, 01:38 PM
HOLY FUCKING FUCK

Yeh you gotta watch it asap. $18 to buy on Amazon. Didn't want to wait.

Also, it's 100% on RT (https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/justice_league_dark_apokolips_ war)

Grouchy
05-13-2020, 02:10 PM
This is the Infinity War of the DCAU (DC Animated Universe).
This is true not only because of the scale of the crossover but because the plot is kind of a condensation of Infinity War and Endgame, which was a little frustrating as it felt like they invited the comparison too deliberately. But, the movie is great fun and hilariously violent. Superheroes went down in Mortal Kombat fatalities. I also like that they get away with having Constantine smoke like in the comics - which has long been a contention point with adaptations of the character.

Skitch
05-21-2020, 06:36 PM
I'm 30 minutes in and just like Infinity War, I really have to sit back in awe at how this is coming together as the culmination of the DCAU. Comic book dork giggles. (Yes, I know, shut up)

Love Raven, love Etrigan, love goriness, love R rated no-nonsense (too often in movies I say "OH COME ON how do you NOT say FUCK at that situation"), Ace cameo!, Rainn Wilson as Lex awesome...Bane and King Shark sitting together at a planning meeting...

Skitch
05-21-2020, 06:37 PM
Side note: Isn't this twisted dark direction kinda the way the Snyder cut was rumored to go?

Wryan
05-23-2020, 08:48 PM
This was great fun. Nicely done. I admit I welled up a bit when Constantine lassos mecha-WW and reminds her who she is. The ending wasn't much of a surprise--what else can they do but that when dealing with so many severe results. Further, it does feature a bit of that dramatic-death-wait-it's-fixed stuff. But overall this was super.