PDA

View Full Version : Match-cut noob

B-side
04-14-2008, 10:08 PM
I'm an RT vet, but a Match-cut noob. Oh wonderful members of match-cut, show me the ways of your wondrous forum.

Sven
04-14-2008, 10:08 PM
Repeat after me:

boner, rape, Qrazy is crazy

Once you get that down, you're as good as seasoned.

B-side
04-14-2008, 10:10 PM
Repeat after me:

Not far off from RT. He's pretty crazy, I mean, he doesn't even love David Lynch!

Qrazy
04-14-2008, 10:16 PM
Welcome, post often, Match-cut is far superior to RT in terms of average post content (posts are often film related and even about foreign films!) but has much slower turn over. My goal is to get in some fresh blood (preferably people who don't think White Chicks is good cinema) to speed up the posting rate a little.

B-side
04-14-2008, 10:18 PM
Welcome, post often, Match-cut is far superior to RT in terms of average post content (posts are often film related and even about foreign films!) but has much slower turn over. My goal is to get in some fresh blood (preferably people who don't think White Chicks is good cinema) to speed up the posting rate a little.

I've yet to see anything completely unrelated to film, so I suppose that's a good thing. I'll be getting a silent Russian triple feature in the mail today -- Earth, The End Of St. Petersburg and Chess Fever.

Sven
04-14-2008, 10:19 PM
to speed up the posting rate a little.

Do you really want to do this? The slow rate of this board is one of its (many) virtues.

D_Davis
04-14-2008, 10:21 PM
My goal is to convince people that White Chicks rules and to post less frequently whilst also dumbing down the content.

As you can see, Qrazy and I are keeping things interesting.

Watashi
04-14-2008, 10:22 PM
I've yet to see anything completely unrelated to film, so I suppose that's a good thing. I'll be getting a silent Russian triple feature in the mail today -- Earth, The End Of St. Petersburg and Chess Fever.
You obviously haven't been reading any of my posts.

Qrazy
04-14-2008, 10:22 PM
Do you really want to do this? The slow rate of this board is one of its (many) virtues.

Just slightly, as long as everything stays film-centric (and good films, not hollywood pap) I don't see the harm.

Qrazy
04-14-2008, 10:24 PM

Nice, I've been meaning to see some Pudovkin for a long time now... Russian and Japanese cinema are probably my favorite from a cultural/aesthetic standpoint.

The Dovzhenko film is quite good and as you probably already know, heavily influenced Tarkovsky.

Spinal
04-14-2008, 10:25 PM
Repeat after me:

Would it be possible to not get in the habit of mentioning 'rape' whenever somebody new shows up? I'd hate for this to become a 'thing we do'.

Philosophe_rouge
04-14-2008, 10:26 PM
Would it be possible to not get in the habit of mentioning 'rape' whenever somebody new shows up? I'd hate for this to become a 'thing we do'.
monkey

Watashi
04-14-2008, 10:28 PM

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51VQ51N07SL._AA240_.jpg

DavidSeven
04-14-2008, 10:32 PM
Some notes:

-We've already seen every boner pun imaginable (there's a poster named Boner M), so there's really no point in making anymore. It won't be funny.
-The forum has repping functionality. Rape might be a better word for it if people weren't begging for it.
-Every couple weeks Qrazy posts a short, blunt reply to something in the Film Discussion Thread that immediately infuriates whoever made the original comment and leads to at least a dozen 100+ word responses.
-The Film Discussion thread (currently titled: Y tu Film Discussion también) -> a place for short, blunt comments and replies about various film related issues. Also: favorites lists, upcoming viewings, and bitching about the purpose for needing a film discussion thread.
-dissent's weekly DVD thread is invaluable.
-The Kitchen Sink Forum --> Houses most off-topic threads outside of TV, music, and literature. Popular topics include sports, politics, and indirect ways of asking for rep.

Hope that helps.

Sven
04-14-2008, 10:35 PM

:cry:

I am sorry.

Spinal
04-14-2008, 10:36 PM
Some notes:

-We've already seen every boner pun imaginable (there's a poster named Boner M), so there's really no point in making anymore. It won't be funny.
-The forum has repping functionality. Rape might be a better word for it if people weren't begging for it.
-Every couple weeks Qrazy posts a short, blunt reply to something in the Film Discussion Thread that immediately infuriates whoever made the original comment and leads to at least a dozen 100+ word responses.
-The Film Discussion thread (currently titled: Y tu Film Discussion también) -> a place for short, blunt comments and replies about various film related issues. Also: favorites lists, upcoming viewings, and bitching about the purpose for needing a film discussion thread.
-The Kitchen Sink Forum --> Houses most off-topic threads outside of TV, music, and literature. Popular topics include sports, politics, and indirect ways of asking for rep.

Hope that helps.

Glorious.

Watashi
04-14-2008, 10:36 PM
Well, that post just sucked the fun out of everything.

Spinal
04-14-2008, 10:37 PM
:cry:

I am sorry.

Oh ... and ... uh ... like Yo La Tengo more.

B-side
04-14-2008, 10:40 PM
Some notes:

Hope that helps.

Haha, nice. I'll keep this in mind.

Nice, I've been meaning to see some Pudovkin for a long time now... Russian and Japanese cinema are probably my favorite from a cultural/aesthetic standpoint.

The Dovzhenko film is quite good and as you probably already know, heavily influenced Tarkovsky.

I actually did not know he heavily influenced Tarkovsky, but that makes me that much more excited, especially considering Tarkovsky is easily one of my favorite filmmakers.

Sven
04-14-2008, 10:45 PM

In all fairness to me, I did decide, after your derision, to listen to more of I Can Hear the Heart Beating As One and thought a good portion of the several songs I listened to were interesting-sounding.

Qrazy
04-14-2008, 10:46 PM

Youuuu can have it allll. I had quite a Yo La Tengo addiction first year of college.

B-side
04-14-2008, 10:47 PM
Netflix bastards said I'd be getting my silent Russian film triple feature in the mal today, but my mom went and got the mail and no such luck. Color me angry.

dreamdead
04-14-2008, 10:49 PM
In all fairness to me, I did decide, after your derision, to listen to more of I Can Hear the Heart Beating As One and thought a good portion of the several songs I listened to were interesting-sounding.

I find that And Then Nothing Turned Itself Inside Out works wonderfully as chill-out music for writing, relaxing, net-surfing... certainly my favorite of theirs.

DavidSeven
04-14-2008, 10:50 PM
Get an avatar. Someone can help you with that here (http://www.match-cut.org/showthread.php?t=25&page=5).

B-side
04-14-2008, 10:57 PM
Get an avatar. Someone can help you with that here (http://www.match-cut.org/showthread.php?t=25&page=5).

Yeah, definitely. I just posted my image in the thread.

D_Davis
04-14-2008, 11:14 PM
I used to like Yo La Tengo, but over the years I've lost my taste for their music.

Qrazy
04-14-2008, 11:53 PM
I used to like Yo La Tengo, but over the years I've lost my taste for their music.

Yeah I didn't like them as much on a relisten as the first time around... they're sound is just too... 'soft' for me now... still some singles I enjoy quite a bit though.

Scar
04-14-2008, 11:57 PM
What is your opinion on Torque?

MadMan
04-15-2008, 02:30 AM
What is your opinion on Torque?That's important. Maybe even crucial.

Also welcome. I feel like I know who you are on RT, but since I don't post that much in GD anymore I do think I do.

B-side
04-15-2008, 04:04 AM
That's important. Maybe even crucial.

Also welcome. I feel like I know who you are on RT, but since I don't post that much in GD anymore I do think I do.

I have the same name on RT.

I actually haven't seen Torque, but Lord knows Ice Cube is one of the greatest dramatic actors since DeNiro in his golden years.

origami_mustache
04-15-2008, 04:09 AM
I believe I remember the name from RT...welcome

B-side
04-15-2008, 05:38 AM
I believe I remember the name from RT...welcome

I certainly remember you. You need to get your ass back over to RT. We miss you over there.

origami_mustache
04-15-2008, 06:06 AM
I certainly remember you. You need to get your ass back over to RT. We miss you over there.

Oh thanks...I only have around 1500 posts...never really found many topics to respond to, so I rarely venture back.

MadMan
04-15-2008, 06:33 PM
I have the same name on RT.

I actually haven't seen Torque, but Lord knows Ice Cube is one of the greatest dramatic actors since DeNiro in his golden years.Ah....I'm pretty sure I've encountered you on RT, and I just forgot. That name does look very familiar.

As for Ice Cube, he needs to stop doing those stupid silly family comedies. I think he was pretty damn good in Three Kings and the "Friday" movies are hilarious.

B-side
04-16-2008, 08:04 AM
Ah....I'm pretty sure I've encountered you on RT, and I just forgot. That name does look very familiar.

As for Ice Cube, he needs to stop doing those stupid silly family comedies. I think he was pretty damn good in Three Kings and the "Friday" movies are hilarious.

I really enjoyed the first two Friday movies. You're quite right, he needs to avoid those terrible family comedies like the plague.