PDA

View Full Version : Charlie’s Angels (Elizabeth Banks)

TGM
11-15-2019, 12:52 AM
CHARLIE’S ANGELS

Director: Elizabeth Banks

imdb (“https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5033998/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0”)

TGM
11-15-2019, 12:53 AM
So because my love for Kristen Stewart apparently knows no bounds, I wound up seeing the new Charlie’s Angels. And in a completely empty IMAX theater, no less. But, despite my worst expectations, given its less than stellar trailers, I have to say that this actually turned out to be pretty enjoyable overall, and way better than I was honestly expecting. Plus, it was nice seeing KStew playing a different sort of role from the norm for her, and she looked like she was having a lot of fun with it.

Ezee E
11-15-2019, 03:08 AM
TGM, Kristen does a "Hot Ones" interview that may be the most personable I've seen her. Worth the 20-some minutes as a Kristen fan.

TGM
11-15-2019, 12:35 PM
I will have to check that out!

Mal
11-24-2019, 02:56 AM
Its not a super comedic, nor super action-y film but it gets the job done and earns its connection to the series, as well as the prior films (Which I don't care for but I know a lot of people do). At its core, the three Angels are well cast- easy to look at but really just here to do their job. Naomi Scott probably is lower on the scale of solid as an actress in the film, though thats probably because she's supposed to be naive and not as seasoned at the spy stuff- and she's up against Kristen Stewart being adorable and Ella Balinska being a glam badass. Also, truly great costumes and makeup- its all grounded and really sharp looking. It doesn't surprise me that this isn't successful; there's a lot of existing content stuff being shoved down our throats at the theater and this is unfortunately ripe to get lost in the shuffle since its property is dated. Mediocre trailers and Elizabeth Banks isn't necessarily a star nor filmmaker thats going to get butts into seats. But for something thats 2 hrs and looking to give you a good time, I found it to be worthwhile.

Dukefrukem
02-24-2020, 12:15 AM
Had to shut it off. Awful.