PDA

View Full Version : Zombieland: Double Tap (Ruben Fleischer)

TGM
10-24-2019, 03:06 PM
ZOMBIELAND: DOUBLE TAP

Director: Ruben Fleischer

imdb (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1560220/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1)

TGM
10-24-2019, 03:15 PM
I haven't seen the first Zombieland since it originally came out. I remember enjoying it quite a bit, but I'm not sure how it'd hold up today. So while this movie was mostly fine, I'm honestly not entirely sure how it compares to the first. As to this movie though, yeah, it pretty much was exactly what I expected of it, sadly, which wasn't much. It's okay, it comes in and does its job, and it exists. But the thing is, I just don't really understand why it exists. After such a long gap between films, you'd hope for it to at least be worth the wait, like they've been cooking up an idea that just HAS to be told in order to justify revisiting this universe after a ten year absence. But, nope, it just kinda comes and goes. I didn't find myself laughing during any of this, but it kept me entertained well enough all the same I suppose. Gave it a nay, because my biggest takeaway truly is one of confusion as to why they even bothered making this movie, but it's a mild nay, as the movie itself honestly isn't bad. It's just nothing exceptional, either.

Grouchy
12-26-2019, 02:18 PM
I agree. You'd think a decade between movies would be enough to write something a little more creative with these characters. Some of the jokes totally worked for me, some didn't, but there's not much going for this in terms of storytelling or filmmaking in general. It's kind of weird how there's no real conflict going on - every time something happens that should trouble the characters (the protagonist's girlfriend leaving him, Harrelson's car getting totalled) it's shrugged off with a one-liner, so there's no reason to care.

MadMan
12-30-2019, 05:48 AM
I liked it quite a bit. I think Madison was the best thing about the sequel, as too many members of the cast seemed to be going through the motions.