PDA

View Full Version : The Fanatic (Fred Durst)

Dukefrukem
10-13-2019, 07:10 PM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/41/The_Fanatic_-_release_poster.jpg

Dukefrukem
10-13-2019, 07:16 PM
Hard to tell what Fred Durst was going for in the ending finale for the John Travolta character. Are we supposed to sympathize with him or the events are justified? Without getting into spoilers, this is actually directed shockingly OK for Fred Durst. In fact, there was a jarring scene that had some throw back to some first Rob Zombie breakout moments. Travolta's character is something a lot of people will laugh at. It's a far cry from Vincent Vega.

Hard to tell if this is just going to be a movie that exists (likely) or something we'll look back on as a start to Durst's second career.

Skitch
10-14-2019, 11:52 PM
I once questioned some of Travolta's movie choices, then I looked at his filmography. Its AWFUL. You have to argue to find 7 good roles/performances out of like 80.

Ivan Drago
10-15-2019, 12:24 AM
Ever since I first heard about this movie, I've conflicted about whether to watch it as someone who loves so-bad, it's-good cinema, or be offended about this movie's existence as someone on the autism spectrum.

Skitch
10-15-2019, 12:26 AM
Ever since I first heard about this movie, I've conflicted about whether to watch it as someone who loves so-bad, it's-good cinema, or be offended about this movie's existence as someone on the autism spectrum.

Is that what they're doing in this movie? Ugh.

In the same vein, how do you feel about The Accountant flick with Affleck?

TGM
10-15-2019, 05:33 AM
Fred Durst’s making movies now? o.O

Philip J. Fry
12-21-2020, 01:06 AM
Without getting into spoilers, this is actually directed shockingly OK for Fred Durst.I'm not surprised by this. No matter what you think of his music, Durst was always competent to good as a music video director so I don't find surprising he's at least competent as a filmmaker.