PDA

View Full Version : 3 from Hell (Rob Zombie)

Grouchy
10-07-2019, 05:10 PM
https://sm.ign.com/ign_es/screenshot/default/default-10_qvna.jpg

Ezee E
10-07-2019, 05:12 PM
Studios are still giving him money?

Grouchy
10-07-2019, 05:17 PM
Damn, if anyone ever needed to hire a writer, that would be Rob Zombie - even more than Tim Burton at his worst. He's got the characters, the Tarantino-esque use of music, the '70s atmosphere, lights and texture down to a pat, but the story gets thinner with each installment. I get that Sid Haig was too ill to perform more than a cameo, but it's still totally uncool to name your movie 3 from Hell (which makes everyone assume it will star the last three characters to be seen alive in the last film) and have the third party be a completely new character who is more or less a carbon copy of Driftwood to boot. The whole movie needed a different approach if it wasn't going to feature Haig's Captain Spaulding in a major role.

Skitch
10-07-2019, 09:39 PM
Studios are still giving him money?

Barely. I think he made this for like 3 million.

Dukefrukem
10-24-2019, 01:29 AM
Damn, if anyone ever needed to hire a writer, that would be Rob Zombie - even more than Tim Burton at his worst. He's got the characters, the Tarantino-esque use of music, the '70s atmosphere, lights and texture down to a pat, but the story gets thinner with each installment. I get that Sid Haig was too ill to perform more than a cameo, but it's still totally uncool to name your movie 3 from Hell (which makes everyone assume it will star the last three characters to be seen alive in the last film) and have the third party be a completely new character who is more or less a carbon copy of Driftwood to boot. The whole movie needed a different approach if it wasn't going to feature Haig's Captain Spaulding in a major role.

Spot on.

Ivan Drago
10-24-2019, 01:45 AM
I've only seen House of 1000 Corpses, but based on that, Rob Zombie feels like the kind of filmmaker to me that shoots something grotesque and then sits next to me at the premiere, points at the grotesque thing and says, "Look at that!! That's grody and disgusting! See how awesome that is?!?!"

I've been told The Devil's Rejects is better, but I'm in no hurry to see that or this.