PDA

View Full Version : Rambo: Last Blood (Adrian Grünberg)

Ivan Drago
09-22-2019, 02:10 AM
https://specials-images.forbesimg.com/imageserve/5d82b27a18444200084dd6dc/960x0.jpg

IMDB (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1206885/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1) / Wiki (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rambo:_Last_Blood)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vWg5yJuWfs

Ivan Drago
09-22-2019, 02:18 AM
I went into it expecting a brainless action movie like the 4th one, and I dug it. Audiences could get uncomfortable with what happens to his niece, but the film is not as offensive as Film Twitter thinks it is, in my opinion. It also could have gone into more detail about Rambo's family tree given this is the first time in the series where we're seeing them, as well as the first instance where he's settled, but otherwise, the action sequences are well directed, Stallone can still go, and the third act sends Rambo off in an absurdly violent blaze of glory that put a shit-eating grin on my face. As someone who grew up with this franchise, I got everything I wanted from it.

TGM
09-22-2019, 06:31 AM
but the film is not as offensive as Film Twitter thinks it is, in my opinion.

It rarely, if ever, is.

Pop Trash
09-26-2019, 02:20 PM
It rarely, if ever, is.

This. Film Twitter is a such a circle jerk of wokeness. A woker jerk if you will.

Dukefrukem
12-01-2019, 12:23 PM
This movie is basically an R-Rated Taken.

Morris Schæffer
12-01-2019, 01:47 PM

You are basically correct! :D

Irish
12-01-2019, 03:23 PM

Wait that sounds as if it could be good? Is it?

I like the character, I've seen all the other Rambo films, but I've avoided this because people said it was boring

Skitch
12-01-2019, 04:12 PM

I like the character, I've seen all the other Rambo films, but I've avoided this because people said it was boring

It can't be worse than part 3.

Dukefrukem
12-01-2019, 08:13 PM

It's serviceable and fine for what it is. My wife picked it after me making her watch the Irishman and OUatiH in back to back nights. Goes by quick. Super super super violent. Ends exactly how you would expect.

Morris Schæffer
12-02-2019, 11:34 AM
I like Rambo 3 lots more. Last Blood has a semblance of plausibility compared to the gung-ho third part, but it's still pretty freakin' bland, attempting something solemn, introspective, kinda like Unforgiven sometimes, but the movie misses the mark. So yeah, more like Taken, but worse than the first Taken. And it may be violent, but it just comes across as cheaply nasty.

The action in Rambo 3 is waaaay more spectacular, and it was the last one scored by the great Jerry Goldsmith.

Dukefrukem
12-02-2019, 11:38 AM
I like Rambo 3 lots more. Last Blood has a semblance of plausibility compared to the gung-ho third part, but it's still pretty freakin' bland, attempting something solemn, introspective, kinda like Unforgiven sometimes, but the movie misses the mark. So yeah, more like Taken, but worse than the first Taken. And it may be violent, but it just comes across as cheaply nasty.

The action in Rambo 3 is waaaay more spectacular, and it was the last one scored by the great Jerry Goldsmith.

The first taken is the best taken....

Grouchy
12-12-2019, 07:44 PM
Eh, I want to give the movie points for many different things, but it's hard to deny in the end that it's truly bad - the third act is particularly anticlimatic, one of the main baddies is killed off screen and there are no real stakes to the final ambush. Some of the stuff the movie does right is the aforementioned high concept of Taken with Rambo and that the Mexican cast speak fluent Spanish with each other - although, at least in the version I downloaded, the English subtitles for these parts are quite bad and betray the spirit of what is being said. Paz Vega was wasted.