PDA

View Full Version : Annabelle Comes Home (Gary Dauberman)

Ezee E
06-27-2019, 02:34 PM
IMDB (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8350360/)

Ezee E
06-27-2019, 02:39 PM
If you go into this movie with the mindset that it's more like an amusement park ride than a movie, you'll get some enjoyment out of it.

As a movie, once Farmiga/Wilson have contributed their part, it becomes exactly that. Set after set of clever scares that never have any true repercussions, but at the least, will keep you guessing. It's funny that a year or two ago that the Conjuring did a contest for people to submit scares. It's like a montage of that.

I did still enjoy it as it moved on though! I was wondering how they'd incorporate various props shown earlier, and as characters get separated, it's fun to see where these situations go. That's the intent of this movie.

With that, bring on Midsommar next week.

Dukefrukem
09-22-2019, 01:02 PM
Yeh I thought this was the best Conjuring Universe film since the Conjuring. I love the Night at the Museum approach to Annabelle though I do kinda wish Farmiga/Wilson were in this movie move. Laughed out Loud at the misdirection scare when Farmiga is holding the map in the car. Well done. I also think the slow burn approach to the beginning of this film was effective.