PDA

View Full Version : My Masterpiece (Gastón Duprat)

Grouchy
06-21-2019, 04:27 AM
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMzYxZWJlOTYtMjE4Ni00OWQzLT gyNDAtMTlkNDc1ZWFlODMwXkEyXkFq cGdeQXVyMjQ3NzUxOTM@._V1_SY100 0_CR0,0,700,1000_AL_.jpg

Grouchy
06-21-2019, 04:39 AM
My Masterpiece is not that exact same word for the Cohn/Duprat filmmaking team's body of work, but it's a breezy, vivid comedy about the art dealing world and an unbreakable friendship that thrives in it. There are many implausible beats in the story but Brandoni, Francella and the writing and acting are up to the task of making them work. I thought there were some interesting themes being presented at that, but the movie's tone is slight enough that they go mostly unexplored for the benefit of the show. In that regard, The Distinguished Citizen by the same duo was far more scathing while dealing with similar characters - aging, rich artists at odds with the modern world and their career. And there's a weird one called Querida, voy a comprar cigarrillos y vuelvo [Darling, I'm Going for Cigarettes and I'll Be Right Back] which I still think is their best.