PDA

View Full Version : Barry

Ezee E
05-29-2019, 04:00 AM
I'm surprised nobody has posted on about this show.

I finished Season 1 over a few weeks and along with it being pretty damn funny, it's well acted, well shot, and even suspenseful. I didn't think Bill Hader had it in him to get this far along.

Season 2, I'm moving through a bit quickly.

Irish
05-29-2019, 04:40 AM
I recently watched the 1st season too and found it excellent. They walked a dangerous line with the show's tone, because the premise is both grim and absurd. Not many could have pulled it off.

I'm only about half (?) way through the 2nd season. It's still good, but not as good as the 1st.

Dukefrukem
05-29-2019, 12:55 PM
Also agree after watching episode one it's excellent. I'm not ready to start a new series right now, so I'm putting it on the back burner.

Peng
05-29-2019, 02:30 PM
Weird how my feeling on this show and Atlanta are very similar, as in I only liked, but was not as high as most people on the show’s first season, even with some great episodes, but the second season is such a big step up in every way. Ramping up the plot’s urgency has made the show’s drama deeper, and its humor sharper too.

Finale thought: I know it’s been compared often, but the way so many pieces move into place in the finale reminds me of Breaking Bad (with Barry’s very black comedy streak adding unique flavor/insight into an anti-hero of its own). The same kind of putting characters into impossible situations just to watch them get out of it somehow, complete with intense emotions and bursts of violence. Even that ending feels so BB5.1’s cliffhanger, fading into important flashback, then back to a character's earth-shattering realization.

Ezee E
05-29-2019, 05:13 PM
Skipping that spoiler, as I've heard some terrific things about how the second season ends. I'll see how I get there.

As far as 2.04 goes... I hate the TV plots of how heroes get out of impossible situations when the person that's trying to catch them has a ploy that they'll team up on in the end. Plot armor as they refer to it in Game of Thrones.