01-28-2019, 06:27 PM
https://i.ibb.co/wJ4NghF/7-F0-B1922-DCA0-4788-8-F7-D-93-FBD6-D28-A78.jpg

megladon8
01-29-2019, 01:57 AM
That was not good.

Irish
01-29-2019, 02:26 AM
LOL, yeah.

I'm not gonna vote because I turned it off within 10 minutes. (Right when the team of assassins surround the target, and one of them starts blowing him before the kill.)

This seemed like it was trying to be a high energy, edgy, sleazy, Tarantino-Ritchie thing but mostly it came off as juvenile and crass.

Ivan Drago
01-29-2019, 03:04 PM
I saw the poster and figured, "Mads Mikkelsen plays a hitman. This should be nothing less than awesome!"

So the fact that it's a disaster makes me wonder how the filmmakers screwed it up.

megladon8
01-29-2019, 06:39 PM
This was a poorly written, poorly acted, poorly shot, poorly edited mess with worrisome misogynistic undertones and a complete lack of any kind of rhythm or pacing.

There are two movies sewn together like a Frankenstein monster: everything with Mads and (*shudder*) Vanessa Hudgens, which also happen to be the only times the movie is tolerable due to Mads’ natural charisma. Then there’s everything else - a bizarrely stylized, horrifically acted mash of scenes involving an “A team” of the most inept assassins ever, trying to track Mads down.

Even stranger is Matt Lucas’ assassin kingpin character, Blut, who I’m not sure if we are supposed to be repulsed by or laughing it (or both?). But instead of being creepy in a “hey this character is creepy” kind of way, it’s more a “are the filmmakers laughing at the actor’s expense?” and it’s quite uncomfortable.

Every woman in this movie is either a backstabbing whore or a victim.

Every person who isn’t physically attractive is seen as a carnival freak to be laughed at.

You can tell the action scenes want very badly to be John Wick but have neither the choreography or the editing to come close.

It’s an ugly movie.

You have no idea how much I would love Mads to have a John Wick / Taken type of franchise to keep himself busy, but man, this was a misfire.

Skitch
03-17-2019, 04:27 PM
There was a cool scene in this movie where Mads uses hand glove finger lasers to control mounted machine guns.

The rest was trash.