PDA

View Full Version : Skyscraper (Rawson Marshall Thurber)

TGM
07-19-2018, 03:35 AM
SKYSCRAPER

Director: Rawson Marshall Thurber

imdb (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5758778/?ref_=nv_sr_1)

TGM
07-19-2018, 03:36 AM
I honestly wasn't expecting much, but I gotta say, this movie was seriously fucking awesome! I dug the shit outta this thing! :cool:

Spinal
07-25-2018, 04:05 PM
I had a different experience with this. I thought it was completely rote and predictable. For a movie about navigating a burning skyscraper, it's lacking in thrills. It also doesn't have a memorable villain, nor does it give The Rock an opportunity to work his charm with any sort of humor beyond a couple of hack duct tape jokes. And don't get me started on the scowling female Asian assassin with more time spent on her haircut than her backstory.

TGM
07-25-2018, 05:03 PM
I thought there were plenty of thrills personally, particularly anything having to do with Rock scaling the outside of the building. But then, I've also come to almost see these big Dwayne Johnson blockbusters as something of a guilty pleasure of sorts for me. I don't even really know why, but something about them just always seems to click for me, even when a lot of the time they don't for a lot of other people. On another board, I have a friend who otherwise values my opinion on film, but who has come to openly no longer trust my judgement when it comes to a new Dwayne Johnson movie for instance, lol.

Morris Schæffer
08-09-2018, 08:34 PM
Expertly shot and lensed, with good special effects. No, it's not Die Hard or The Towering Inferno, but I wasn't bored for a second. Mildest of yays.