PDA

View Full Version : TAU (Federico D'Alessandro)

TGM
07-07-2018, 05:02 PM
TAU

Director: Federico D'Alessandro

imdb (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4357394/?ref_=nv_sr_8)

TGM
07-07-2018, 05:03 PM
So I was scrolling through Netflix and saw this interesting looking movie called TAU. Decided to click on it, and when I saw that it was starring Maika Monroe, I decided to give it a watch with no further investigation.

And yeah, it was alright. Kinda felt like a bit of a cheap knock off of something like Ex Machina in certain ways. Maika Monroe's character gets kidnapped and locked away in someone's house, who is using her brain to try and improve his AI technology. He leaves for work everyday, and she's left at home with his current AI program, voiced by Gary Oldman, keeping tabs on her, and they start to form something of a bond over time, as she teaches him what it means to be a real person.

It's fine for the most part. It's nothing really new or groundbreaking, and there are moments, particularly near the end, that'll leave you going "oh come on!". But overall, it's a pretty solid movie. And Maika Monroe's obviously great here. She's seriously not in nearly enough stuff.

Skitch
07-07-2018, 05:18 PM
Another Netflix win for me. As far as their sci-fi original content, I think the only one I didn't like was the dumbass Sam Worthington one.