PDA

View Full Version : Den of Thieves (Christian Gudegast)

Dukefrukem
06-18-2018, 02:22 PM
http://payorwait.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/5a66cc66e70db.image_.jpg

Dukefrukem
06-18-2018, 02:25 PM
Directed by the guy who wrote A Man Apart. This wasn't bad. I particularity thought Gerard Butler was pretty good in this- convincing as the burned out cop/bad husband. Pablo Schreiber also solid.
O'Shea Jackson Jr. - very decent. And don't worry, 50 Cent doesn't have much to do in this. But overall an under the radar, gritty heist film. Curious if anyone else caught it?

Morris Schæffer
06-18-2018, 06:09 PM
I liked it. Every other review compares it to Heat and says it's inferior and I'm like "duh!!"

MadMan
06-19-2018, 10:10 AM
Considering Heat, as much as I love it, borrows from other movies too that line of criticism is silly.

Will I see this one? Eh, I donno. It looks kind of generic.

Henry Gale
06-19-2018, 08:25 PM
The most remarkable thing about this movie is that, despite feeling like a very studio-dumped January release, it apparently did well enough ($80 million worldwide on what I assume was a low budget with conservative marketing numbers attached) that they've already announced a sequel to it.

As someone who did not see it, I'm sure you guys can have a better opinion on whether or not that makes sense from story, character and premise perspectives.

Dukefrukem
06-19-2018, 09:47 PM
For sure. Again, it's a recommendation from me. Payoff is much better than a generic heist film.