PDA

View Full Version : Only the Brave (Joseph Kosinski)

TGM
04-13-2018, 03:20 AM
ONLY THE BRAVE

Director: Joseph Kosinski

imdb (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3829920/?ref_=nv_sr_1)

Stay Puft
04-13-2018, 04:53 AM
Huh. This whole time, I had no idea this was directed by the TRON/Oblivion guy.

TGM
04-13-2018, 05:07 AM

Yeah, I only found that out relatively recently as well, which is what suddenly piqued my interest.

Skitch
04-13-2018, 11:50 AM

Its why I picked it in the last fantasy league. I was hoping for a sleeper hit. Didn't really pay out, but I bet its a decent flick.

Peng
04-01-2019, 10:30 AM
Script is overlong and has some hokey biopic bits; some of the parallel domestic dramas get a tad generic (even if Jennifer Connelly manages to somewhat transcend it by the sheer force of her performance), and don't have to overlap with each other this much to stretch the running time. But a Howard Hawks-lite tale of men doing their jobs with a cast this charismatic still proves to be a winning, engaging formula. Josh Brolin and Miles Teller, the latter playing against type, are especially fantastic. Director Joseph Kosinski shows he's a consummate craftsman even stripped of sci-fi trappings, cleanly directing the firefighting action and investing these infernos with deadly beauty that gives weight to the downtime in these men's job so well. And the ending packs one hell of a devastating emotional wallop. 7/10

Peng
04-01-2019, 10:31 AM
Have you watched this, Duke? Feels like it would be up your alley.

Skitch
04-01-2019, 12:00 PM
This was a good movie. I should've seen the ending coming, but I didn't.