PDA

View Full Version : Any Fans of 'This American Life'?

Kurosawa Fan
03-28-2008, 01:15 PM
They're having a one night only live event with Ira Glass (http://www.fathomevents.com/details.aspx?eventid=716&utm_source=TAL&utm_medium=TAL_email&utm_campaign=This_American_Lif e_Live) that will be beamed by satellite into 300 theaters across the country. They'll be doing their usual routine, plus showing scenes from the upcoming TV season, outtakes from other shows, and Ira Glass will be doing a Q&A too.

Just so happens it'll be at my local theater, which just floored me. The link above lists the theaters that'll have the showing.

ledfloyd
03-28-2008, 07:00 PM
I'm a huge fan.

Wow, I didn't expect it, but it's at a local theater. I just might have to check this out.

I haven't seen the TV show yet. I need to remedy that. I listen to that radio show whenever I can.

Sycophant
03-29-2008, 12:14 AM
Oh, sweet. Thanks for the tip-off, KF. I mean to catch the radio program more often than I do (and it always seems that if I hear an episode once, I'll hear it at least three time), but I'd identify as a fan. I'm not sure which Salt Lake theater it's in (that's pretty vague, what they state there), but I can surely catch one of these. Awesome.

I only saw the first two or three episodes of the show, but what I saw was fine stuff.