PDA

View Full Version : Geostorm (Dean Devlin)

TGM
11-10-2017, 05:25 PM
GEOSTORM

Director: Dean Devlin

imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1981128/?ref_=nv_sr_1)

TGM
11-10-2017, 05:26 PM
So I really had no interest in seeing this, but a girl from work who I like invited me to go see it with her, so I decided, sure, why not? And well, yeah, this was pretty bad. The whole thing looks like I'm just watching a screen saver on a computer, and it's not helped at all by the fact that, in almost none of the destruction scenes are there any actual characters present, so we're just following a bunch of nameless nobodies who we literally know nothing about during these sequences, yet we're still being asked to care about the events transpiring for some reason. It wasn't even a fun sorta bad, the whole time just left me sorta numb, and leaving me pining for the days of far better disaster flicks, that actually held some weight and stakes to them.

Top it all off with a shitty cop-out ending and a plot so stupid it felt like some fifth grader came up with it while he was bored in class. It then closes out with some narration about working together as a people towards making the world a better place, a good message honestly, and one that deserved a far better and more intelligent movie than what we got.

transmogrifier
11-11-2017, 06:27 AM
The important thing is: what did the girl think?

TGM
11-11-2017, 06:36 AM
She didn't mind it. :p

transmogrifier
11-11-2017, 07:29 AM
She didn't mind it. :p

Uh-oh.

Dukefrukem
01-17-2018, 08:28 PM
Ha. This was my first movie of 2018. Sorry but this was fucking hilariously awesome. This is 2012, the Core and Armageddon combined. That's a good thing.

Gerard Butler, an American scientist, trying desperately to hold back his Scottish accent. The public display of family drama is dumb.
Ed Harris is even in this. Andy Garcia is the President?
Shamelessly stealing the best line from The Dark Knight Rises?

That encrypted message scene? Gold. Guns in space? Gold. The size of the "International Space Station in 2019 which also houses a Ford-like assembly line?" Gold. The COUNTDOWN to "Geostorm". Solid gold laced with diamonds. A self destruct system on the International Space Station? Solid gold laced with diamonds with a side of Fast and the Furious.

The worst part about this movie, is it has definitely killed the disaster movie genre.