PDA

View Full Version : Yama No Anata (Ishii, 2008)

Sycophant
03-22-2008, 05:44 PM
Trailers for Katsuhito Ishii's (The Taste of Tea, one of the three most amazing thirds of Funky Forest:the First Contact) latest, a remake of a 1938 film about a blind masseur are available at Twitch (http://twitchfilm.net/site/view/trailers-for-katsuhito-ishiis-next-arrive/). It looks pretty and just ever so slightly strange. I'm up for it.

dreamdead
03-22-2008, 06:26 PM
My appreciation for The Taste of Tea being what it is, I'll be keeping an eye on this one. That said, the clip is too short to really get an understanding of what to expect... a little slapstick and a little melodrama is all I'm picking up.

Qrazy
03-23-2008, 03:13 AM
I think it looks good. I quite liked Taste of Tea and while I enjoyed parts of First Contact, I found it way too disjointed and episodic in an uninteresting way. I'm glad to see him doing something which seems slightly more cohesive.

Cherish
03-31-2008, 03:58 AM
This is exciting, since I loved Taste of Tea and Funky Forest! But, Sycophant, you said:

one of the three most amazing thirds of Funky Forest:the First Contact.

How do you know which segments Ishii directed?

Sycophant
03-31-2008, 04:11 AM
How do you know which segments Ishii directed?An insert that came with my DVD. :)

D_Davis
03-31-2008, 04:41 AM
You guys seen Survive Style 5+ yet?

Cherish
04-01-2008, 01:38 PM
An insert that came with my DVD. :)

Oh. I completely missed it that! :sad:

But, which Ishii segment were you referring to above as "one of the three most amazing" parts?

I love the whole movie, but I think my favorite parts were by Aniki...