PDA

View Full Version : Professor Marston and the Wonder Women (Angela Robinson)

TGM
10-13-2017, 06:53 PM
PROFESSOR MARSTON AND THE WONDER WOMEN

Director: Angela Robinson

imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6133130/?ref_=nv_sr_1)

TGM
10-14-2017, 04:41 PM
I thought this was good. It was interesting seeing the origins of Wonder Woman, and how it was inspired by an unconventional relationship and the mentality that went into that. I felt it could've perhaps been stronger, and would've liked a little more time spent on the production of the Wonder Woman comic in addition to what was already there. But all in all, it was still pretty solid.

I think perhaps it may have also been slightly diluted for me by seeing Battle of the Sexes the night prior, which shares similar themes, yet is an incredibly more powerful all around movie, so there's that. :p

transmogrifier
10-15-2017, 05:48 AM
Cannot for the life of me see the appeal in all these mid-budget quasi-prestige biopics of moderately famous people. I think they ran out of interesting biopic subjects about a decade ago.

Ivan Drago
10-15-2017, 07:01 AM
Cannot for the life of me see the appeal in all these mid-budget quasi-prestige biopics of moderately famous people. I think they ran out of interesting biopic subjects about a decade ago.

They're Hollywood's method of promoting equal rights for all through cinema, as it's the socio-political message of the moment.

Anyway, I had no idea this existed until I saw it listed on Fandango a couple days ago and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Sure, it's straightforward in structure, but it has unconventional subject matter within its very compelling story, in addition to strong performances from everyone involved.

Irish
10-15-2017, 07:08 AM
Cannot for the life of me see the appeal in all these mid-budget quasi-prestige biopics of moderately famous people.

Yes but this one has mid-century perverts and hints of bondage.

Ivan Drago
10-15-2017, 07:58 AM
I do feel you on that though, trans. When I saw this today, there was a trailer for a movie coming out later this year about how Charles Dickens wrote A Christmas Carol, and the whole time I'm thinking, "Is this REALLY a story that needs to be told?"