PDA

View Full Version : The Lego Ninjago Movie (Charlie Bean, Paul Fisher, Bob Logan)

TGM
10-12-2017, 07:01 AM
THE LEGO NINJAGO MOVIE

Directors: Charlie Bean, Paul Fisher, Bob Logan

imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3014284/?ref_=nv_sr_1)

TGM
10-12-2017, 07:03 AM
I liked the first two Lego movies, and thought the trailer I saw for this before The Lego Batman Movie looked pretty decent, so I was interested. However, while it's not terrible, it's definitely not anywhere up to par with the other two movies. This feels like what I think most people were probably initially expecting from the first Lego movie, that being just a very generic product-placement movie. It's also a lot less creative, and I noticed almost instantly how, for instance, water in this movie was animated like just actual water, as opposed to how it was animated in the first Lego movie, with an insane amount of detail to make it appear as if the entire ocean was built out of Lego blocks. So yeah, it's a pretty generic and somewhat lazy film, as well as being nowhere near as creative as the first two. But I would still say that it's passable, and it has its moments. Wouldn't necessarily recommend it, but there are far worse films you could wind up spending your time on.

Devlin
10-12-2017, 05:04 PM
This series has worn out it's welcome rather quickly. The Lego Movie was an inspired surprise, full of creativity as well as telling a wonderful story that kind of gave us a new spin on The Wizard of Oz scenario. The Lego Batman Movie was amusing, but couldn't maintain it's concept for the full runtime. This new film just feels like a cash grab and there's nothing about it that makes me want to watch it, even at home.