PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Science Theater 3000 (Season 11)

Dead & Messed Up
04-14-2017, 03:32 PM
http://nerdist.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/MST3K-Set-Visit-featured.jpg

About 20 minutes into the first episode.

Everything's going to be okay.

It's very funny and charming in the right ways.

Watashi
04-14-2017, 08:43 PM
Yeah, the cast is great and you can feel Joel in the writing booth.

It takes a while to get used to Crow and Servo's voices, but it's all good.

Ivan Drago
04-15-2017, 01:31 AM
On the first episode and the movie just started.

I was dying after...

...they cut back to the SoL after Kinga Forrester and TV's Son of TV's Frank introduced themselves, and Jonah's just reading the manual wanting to move onto the invention exchange. :D

Dead & Messed Up
04-15-2017, 01:34 AM
Favorite line from Reptilicus so far:

During the bridge evac:
"Admit it-- we're bad at this.

Skitch
04-16-2017, 05:14 PM
I love Felicia Day. She's just so damned...lovable.

Milky Joe
04-16-2017, 10:05 PM
I was smiling ear to ear for the whole first episode. It's been a rough year for me and it just felt nice to have something so pure and positive and enjoyable. It's a perfect recapitulation of the original show.

If I had to nitpick, I'd say a) Patton Oswalt and b) they packed a little too many jokes in, to the point where it didn't always feel like they were watching the movie and organically reacting to it, which was never a problem I noticed in the original. But still, enough of the jokes were so hilarious that I can hardly complain. And, let's face it, it's the terrible movie that's the star here, and Reptilicus is one I'd been meaning to watch for a while.

Dead & Messed Up
04-16-2017, 11:37 PM
b) they packed a little too many jokes in, to the point where it didn't always feel like they were watching the movie and organically reacting to it

Right? I'm enjoying these, no question, but it was odd to see Tom Servo fly up in anticipation of the Pink Floyd Animals joke, and, yeah, the joke density is a little too high. Joel said that was intentional, but I prefer the older style where there's more room to breathe (it used to be that I'd miss maybe one or two jokes if something landed especially well - now it's more like three or four zip by).

Mysterious Dude
04-17-2017, 03:55 AM
I like the new doors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp3dcYFHcoI

number8
04-17-2017, 02:54 PM
The amount of well-known people working behind the scenes on this series is kind of insane. Pendleton Ward and Rebecca Sugar both did the design on the set, and Adam Savage worked the effects. Justin Roiland and Rob Schrab wrote some episodes. It's crazy.

Mysterious Dude
04-23-2017, 01:46 PM
Two things I didn't really miss about the old MST3K: the invention exchange and reading fan mail from children.

Skitch
04-23-2017, 01:48 PM
I generally didn't care for any of the stuff outside the theater. Ever.