guess who plays mAx?

Mark Wahlberg

http://kotaku.com/365693/first-shot-of-mark-wahlberg-as-max-payne

first pic here

http://kotaku.com/assets/resources/2008/03/markpayne.jpg

Skitch
03-12-2008, 11:31 AM
Mila Kunis was cast as Mona Sax.

I am looking forward to this movie...I dug Behind Enemy Lines.

Ivan Drago
03-12-2008, 04:08 PM
The filmmakers will find some way to make this movie suck. It happens to every video game movie.

megladon8
03-12-2008, 04:22 PM
The filmmakers will find some way to make this movie suck. It happens to every video game movie.

Especially if it's PG-13.

Which I'm expecting it will be.

[ETM]
03-12-2008, 04:26 PM
Bah... no chance of Sebastian Spence playing him then...

MadMan
03-12-2008, 05:27 PM
I approve of Wahlberg being cast. That said I second Ivan's thoughts about this possibly sucking. Besides the whole bullet time thing has been done to death. I do like the game's neo-noir style though (I've only played it once however).

Sycophant
03-12-2008, 05:57 PM
FUCK YOU, JOHN MOORE.

Sven
03-12-2008, 11:58 PM
FUCK YOU, JOHN MOORE.

:lol:

Dukefrukem
03-17-2008, 12:41 PM
Especially if it's PG-13.

Which I'm expecting it will be.

Punisher wasn't

Morris Schæffer
03-17-2008, 04:00 PM
Yeah, this sounds about as generic as Hitman, but if they amp up the noirish aspects of the game it could be something different from the norm. Perhaps a B&W Max Payne in the vein of Sin City.

EvilShoe
03-17-2008, 04:03 PM
Yeah, this sounds about as generic as Hitman, but if they amp up the noirish aspects of the game it could be something different from the norm. Perhaps a B&W Max Payne in the vein of Sin City.
Directed by John Moore.

JOHN MOORE.

Morris Schæffer
03-17-2008, 04:35 PM
Directed by John Moore.

JOHN MOORE.

I've seen one Moore flick and that was Behind Enemy Lines which I enjoyed. I really haven't got enough info to determine whether he's a truly terrible director. Rodriguez I don't consider to be great either, but Sin City was an incredibly bold venture in terms of looks regardless of what I thought about it. When adapting a game such as Max Payne I reckon there's a certain amoint of pressure from the studios to ensure the film conforms to certain expectations and a guy like Moore isn't gonna be too adventurous and thus deliver the generic shoot'em up that the studios expect him to deliver. I don't necessarily equate that with filmmaking qualities.

Besides, he looks like Guillermo del Toro:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Lightstorm/moore.jpg

;)

megladon8
03-17-2008, 10:19 PM

While I agree that would be awesome, I think that's aiming a little too high.

There's no way this movie would be that stylized and awesome. Everything about it will be generic as rice cakes with margarine.