PDA

View Full Version : The Young Pope (Season 1)

Ezee E
01-16-2017, 03:17 AM
First episode premiered today.

Anyone else watch?

Thoughts?

It definitely has my curiosity, despite some reservations that it won't be must see TV and that some of the conflicts might get kind of tiresome after a few episodes.

Really dig the direction though. Curious how the guy would be elected Pope though.

number8
01-16-2017, 05:18 AM
I loved it. Perplexing, deliberate, unexpected, and hilariously catty.

It's like Game of Thrones where all the characters are Varys, which is my kinda show.

Ezee E
01-16-2017, 08:57 PM
I loved it. Perplexing, deliberate, unexpected, and hilariously catty.

It's like Game of Thrones where all the characters are Varys, which is my kinda show.

I read the Varys comment somewhere else too.

It worked for one hour. But for ten in a row? I'm wary.

Is this intended to go any further than one season?

number8
01-16-2017, 11:36 PM
Yeah they already greenlit a second season.

Ivan Drago
01-17-2017, 12:08 AM
Sorrentino is a master of opening sequences. I've just gotten past the credits and I love this already.

number8
01-21-2017, 12:22 AM
Ho-hooly shit, the end of episode 2.

Lucky
02-03-2017, 01:54 AM
Jude Law makes this must see for me. Watching his pope control a one-on-one conversation is delightful. The character is a spiritual lovechild of Frank Underwood and Donald Trump, and Law masterfully exudes high arrogance and condescension. The address at the end of Ep 5 is sure to be a contender for television scene of the year.

Ezee E
02-03-2017, 03:40 AM
Jude Law makes this must see for me. Watching his pope control a one-on-one conversation is delightful. The character is a spiritual lovechild of Frank Underwood and Donald Trump, and Law masterfully exudes high arrogance and condescension. The address at the end of Ep 5 is sure to be a contender for television scene of the year.

Just watched the end of Episode 5 myself. I was sort of at a moment where I was thinking that if Episode 5 was a dud, I wouldn't continue... But that was pretty masterful.

Just love the direction from Paolo Sorrentino throughout this whole thing.

Ivan Drago
02-03-2017, 08:14 PM
It's killing me that I'm three episodes behind. That will change after this weekend.