PDA

View Full Version : Designated Survivor (Season 1)

Morris Schæffer
01-02-2017, 07:32 AM
http://www.flickeringmyth.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/designated-survivor.jpg

Jack Bauer as the president!! Ain't gonna lie. I expected a thread. I guess I suck at expecting.

I find this show highly entertaining and engaging. It's quite clear they're going after the 24 crowd even with Kiefer not actually being Jack Bauer, but with old 24 no longer being on the air that's not a bad thing. For me. A lot of at least the first 8 episodes contain references to real world events which makes the show engaging even if the thriller element takes center stage. I think Kiefer is really good as Tom Kirkman and appreciate the writers have allowed him moments of doubt to seep through rather than him powering through the white house because he used to be Jack Bauer.

I also heard this is now a 22-episode season rather than the initial 10.

Thirdmango
01-03-2017, 11:59 AM
I watched the first episode and was instantly turned off. I really disliked a particular moment with the FBI in the first episode where the main girl character suddenly leaves the tent to cry and someone comes over and is like, "are you okay?" And they're literally standing next to a building with hundreds of people dead inside and this guy thinks it's weird for someone to start crying? The whole episode just left a bad taste in my mouth so I let it go.

Morris Schæffer
01-03-2017, 03:46 PM
I watched the first episode and was instantly turned off. I really disliked a particular moment with the FBI in the first episode where the main girl character suddenly leaves the tent to cry and someone comes over and is like, "are you okay?" And they're literally standing next to a building with hundreds of people dead inside and this guy thinks it's weird for someone to start crying? The whole episode just left a bad taste in my mouth so I let it go.

You're certain he wasn't simply showing empathy? :D But I do admit the first episode wasn't the best one.