PDA

View Full Version : Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates (Jake Szymanski)

Dukefrukem
11-06-2016, 11:13 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2823054/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Dukefrukem
11-06-2016, 11:17 PM
Meh. Not one of the best R-rated comedies. Aubrey Plaza has a super punchable face and she plays the same character in every movie. THe slut schickt is about as old as Melissa MaCarthy foul mouth schick. Adam Devine was the funniest. Even Kendrick had some good lines. (love drinking tea on a blimp) There were some chuckles here and there. Terrible ending.

Lazlo
11-07-2016, 11:31 AM
Aubrey Plaza has a super punchable face and she plays the same character in every movie. THe slut schickt is about as old as Melissa MaCarthy foul mouth schick. Adam Devine was the funniest.

I like Plaza's face, but you're right, her act is getting old. But I'd say the same two-fold for Devine. He's really worn out his welcome. Escalating volume profanity yelling is not an effective long-term comedy strategy.

Dukefrukem
11-07-2016, 11:50 AM
I like Plaza's face, but you're right, her act is getting old. But I'd say the same two-fold for Devine. He's really worn out his welcome. Escalating volume profanity yelling is not an effective long-term comedy strategy.

What other movies is he in? I've been meaning to watch through his Workaholics series at some point.

Lazlo
11-07-2016, 12:38 PM
What other movies is he in? I've been meaning to watch through his Workaholics series at some point.

He's in both Pitch Perfect movies playing pretty much the same dude. Workaholics is more of the same too. His way of acting sad/defensive/hurt when another character calls out his childishness or rudeness is really offputting to me.

EDIT: I really thought I'd have more examples but he actually hasn't been in a lot of movies I've seen. Proof that a little goes a long way.

Dukefrukem
11-07-2016, 12:40 PM
Oh that's right. Way smaller role in Pitch Perfect though. I don't see him often which is why he appealed to me the most here.

Ezee E
11-07-2016, 01:40 PM
Ha. I really like Aubrey Plaza, but I realize I've never actually seen ANY of her shows or movies. I only know of her through late night interviews and movie previews.

Mr. McGibblets
11-07-2016, 03:21 PM
It's a big waste to make Zac Efron the incredibly boring straight-man instead of giving him anything to do.