PDA

View Full Version : Justice League vs. Teen Titans (Sam Liu)

Grouchy
11-06-2016, 10:59 PM
http://www.warnerbros.com/sites/default/files/justice_league_vs_teen_titans_ keyart.jpg

Grouchy
11-06-2016, 11:01 PM
Pretty much what you'd expect, although the special appearance near the end by a certain "Demon's Head" was surprising. I hope this sparks more Teen Titans movies on this vein, and I hope they feature more of the Nightwing/Starfire relationship because I'm a fan of that couple. By the way, these films have been getting increasingly violent since Flashpoint Paradox.

And the New 52 suits suck. They are simply horrible. Bring back the classic look.

Skitch
11-07-2016, 02:54 AM
I hope this sparks more Teen Titans movies on this vein, and I hope they feature more of the Nightwing/Starfire relationship because I'm a fan of that couple.

THIS TIMES A THOUSAND

Philip J. Fry
01-02-2017, 10:26 AM
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z73/Wolf_of_the_Winter/Screenshots/JLvsTT_zps2omlzcgf.jpg
Not even the gloomy princess of gloominess can resist pizza.

Justice League vs. Teen Titans.
Sam Liu, 2016.

Synopsis: Robin (not the cool one who became Nightwing) is sent to the Teen Titans because he needs to learn some good ol' teamwork and because he's a insufferable prick. Meanwhile, the Titans must save the world from Trigon after he possesses the League.

How does it look? It's a DC-animated movie. They always look good.

What did I like? The action is good, the redesigns are... mmmh... Starfire and Raven have grown up. Beastboy is still funny. There are some fun moments, specially the call between Nightwing and Starfire...
I mean, Nightwing was drooling, the fanservice was blatant and then O YEAH, LET'S HAVE FUN!

What didn't I like? I've got the feeling that my enjoyment of this film was severely diminished by having seen the (good) Teen Titans:
- The grown up versions of the Teen Titans are just not as fun or interesting as the ones from the show except for Beastboy.
- The Trigon story was done much better in the show.
- While it has a joke here and there, for the most part it feels like it's too serious at times. I miss the more balanced humor-seriousness ratio of the Teen Titans show.
- Blue Beetle felt unnecessary in the story, TBH. Maybe he was in the comics or something. Didn't care about him.

The other issue I had was this Robin. God... he was like the worst combination possible of horrible brat and a character with Marty Stu characteristics (he's like super competent at everything, even dancing, a fast learner and he's the one who most helps Raven, who seems to be developing a crush on him or something). And then all of a sudden he learns he's part of a team. Pffft... I hated every second he was on screen. They should just removed his screentime and given it to Raven, who was a more proper choice for the lead. Or have more Nightwing.

Wait a minute in there fellas... Superman and Wonder Woman are now dating? Pfft. Wasn't he with Lois Lane? And wasn't she like, in love with Batman (I know it was only cannon on the JL show, but boy, they were great there)? Pffft.

Another thing: I'm pretty sure Sam Liu likes Sailor Moon.

Final thoughts: So yeah... not crazy about this one.

Thirdmango
01-03-2017, 11:48 AM
Don't really remember much about this one, but this is what I said about it back in May:

A bit of a step down from the recent DC animated stuff but still interesting. They're still going with Damien as Robin which is nice and sending him over to the Teen Titans. This one was bogged down with too much weirdness in the lore of Raven plus it had a weird rock song in the middle and a DDR montage that seemed out of place.

Philip J. Fry
01-04-2017, 07:27 AM
God, I had forgotten that damn song. Terrible choice.