PDA

View Full Version : Jack Reacher: Never Go Back

Winston*
10-19-2016, 07:46 AM
http://www.top10films.co.uk/img/Jack-Reacher_never-go-back_poster.jpg

Winston*
10-19-2016, 07:47 AM
Speaking as a fan of the first film who was genuinely looking forward to seeing the sequel....this sucked. :(

Morris Schæffer
10-19-2016, 10:36 AM
That poster looks like it's for a movie that exists!

Scar
10-20-2016, 12:26 AM
Speaking as a fan of the first film who was genuinely looking forward to seeing the sequel....this sucked. :(

This makes me a sad panda.

Winston*
10-20-2016, 01:56 AM
This makes me a sad panda.

Knew I was in for a disappointment when where the first movie had that fantastic sniper sequence, this movie opens with Tom Cruise sitting in a diner.

Winston*
10-20-2016, 02:10 AM
Beyond Zwick's point and shoot approach to direction and seeming inability to construct a decent action set-piece, it's weird how generally low-rent this film feels. Can't think of another $100 million dollar film with such an anonymous supporting cast.

Scar
10-20-2016, 02:19 AM
Knew I was in for a disappointment when where the first movie had that fantastic sniper sequence, this movie opens with Tom Cruise sitting in a diner.

I expected very little from the first. Then that opening sequence occurred, and my expectations sky rocketed.

TGM
10-22-2016, 04:23 PM
Yeah, nowhere even remotely close to as good as the first, and pretty generic overall. But I thought it was okay. *shrug*

Dukefrukem
01-20-2017, 01:17 AM
Not as good as the first but I loved first two thirds, hated the last act which really destroyed the movie for me. Yes very generic. Everything in New Orleans was sloppy, especially the stuff on the rooftops. Reacher is one tough sob. I hope he returns for a third story.

Irish
01-20-2017, 09:41 AM
Dammit. I voted "Yay" but I meant "Nay."

I liked the first one because it covered familiar territory in a new way. Every element---the plot, the anti-hero hero, the villain---was spun just enough so that it felt fresh and interesting. It had a good rhythm and it was fun.

This though. Jesus. What the hell? I got so bored I started counting how many times Cruise and Colbie broke into a dead sprint for no reason... and then lost count because it happened so often.

The entire movie plays like a terrible episode of NCIS, but worse, because at least NCIS knows its characters and knows where it wants to go and what it wants to say.

They could have slotted any group of actors and any director into Never Go Back and it wouldn't have made any difference. 'Generic' is too kind of a word.

Scar
01-20-2017, 12:30 PM
I stopped watching about thirty minutes in.