PDA

View Full Version : God's Puzzle (2008, Miike)

Sycophant
03-06-2008, 03:51 PM
Takashi Miike's summer 2008 release, GOD'S PUZZLE (or PUZZLE OF GOD), has released its pressbook and below you can find scans that show just enough to make it look somewhat interesting. The movie, set for a June 7 release, features Hayato Ichihara (NEGATIVE HAPPY CHAINSAW EDGE, ALL ABOUT LILY CHOU CHOU) playing twins who hook up with Mitsuki Tanimura (THE CHASING WORLD, CANARY) to unlock the secrets of the universe and to build their own universe. Who hasn't done the same thing one rainy, boring afternoon?

The movie is a medium-budgeted sci-fi, romantic comedy based on a novel of the same name, and it's being produced by the colorful Haruki Kadokawa who is a blessing to journalists everywhere because of things like this (from Variety):

"Speaking to reporters at Nikkatsu on Friday, Kadokawa said he first read the 2002 novel while in prison on drug charges and that, though the theme seemed heavy, he saw 'a strong comic element in the material' that he plans to underline with 'a large helping of CG effects'."

Could Kadokawa be the last great showman left? I mean, who else says they optioned a novel because it was good prison reading?

This sounds awesome. But I'm always up for what Miike is willing to give me.

dreamdead
03-06-2008, 04:59 PM
I'm always up for what Miike is willing to give me.

:eek: Uh...

Sycophant
03-06-2008, 05:13 PM
:eek: Uh...
...Sure, what the hell. I'll stand by it.

Grouchy
03-06-2008, 05:26 PM
...Sure, what the hell. I'll stand by it.
What if Miike told you to stand on it? What would you do then, I'd like to know.

Can't see the pictures.

Sycophant
03-06-2008, 05:28 PM
Can't see the pictures.Sorry. I forgot the text referenced the scans. I'm not going to hotlink them. Article with pics here (http://www.varietyasiaonline.com/index.php?option=com_myblog&show=FIRST-LOOK-AT-NEW-MIIKE.html&Itemid=10021).

Grouchy
03-06-2008, 06:27 PM
Sorry. I forgot the text referenced the scans. I'm not going to hotlink them. Article with pics here (http://www.varietyasiaonline.com/index.php?option=com_myblog&show=FIRST-LOOK-AT-NEW-MIIKE.html&Itemid=10021).
No, I clicked the link, but I couldn't see the images. Maybe it's just my browser.