PDA

View Full Version : War Dogs (Todd Phillips)

TGM
08-22-2016, 04:58 AM
WAR DOGS

Director: Todd Phillips

imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2005151/?ref_=nv_sr_1)

http://losangeles.carpediem.cd/data/afisha/o/fc/0d/fc0d92e2ec.jpg

TGM
08-22-2016, 05:00 AM
I don't understand the marketing behind this movie at all. It's marketed as a comedy, so audiences would go into it fully expecting a comedy. However, many who go into it expecting as such are gonna come out disappointed, because by no means is this movie a comedy, nor does it ever intend to be. It's a drama, and not even something like drama with a lot of dark comedic elements throughout or some sort of "dramedy", as one might expect from the marketing. No, the movie is, from start to finish, just a straight up serious, dramatic feature. And don't get me wrong, it's a pretty good movie at that. But holy shit, wtf at the marketing for this thing? Sure, that might succeed in getting people into theaters initially, but I can only imagine how many people are gonna leave disappointed that they got something other than what they were expecting, and are gonna tell their friends to not bother, since the movie's not funny anyway. Nevermind that it's not intended to be a funny movie, but you would never know that based on how this was marketed. Anyways though, yeah, it's still a good movie, but don't go in expecting a lotta laughs, because that's not at all what this movie sets out to do.

Dukefrukem
08-22-2016, 11:46 AM
That's super strange.

Ezee E
12-10-2016, 11:01 PM
Goodfellas redone again. It's a fun watch from beginning to end, with Jonah Hill always being interesting on the screen. It's pretty forgettable though, just like many of the other Goodfellas-retreads. I don't understand the music selection in the movie as it takes a best hits from 1960s on. Were there just not enough early 2000s movies to pick from with this approach?

You know it's bad when it's Christmas time, and they steal the same song from Goodfellas.

Eh.

Dukefrukem
01-03-2017, 01:24 AM
Todd Phillips best since Old School.