PDA

View Full Version : The Bourne Continuey

megladon8
03-02-2008, 01:49 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/megladon8/ultimatum.jpg

Universal officially signed on Matt Damon and Paul Greengrass for a fourth Bourne film (http://www.variety.com/index.asp?layout=print_story&articleid=VR1117981337&categoryid=2520)

Eleven
03-02-2008, 01:58 AM
I'm hoping they bypass the Ludlum books and picking a cheesy pun title that still fits:

Bourne Again
Bourne to Run / Bourne in the USA
Bourne Under Punches

Just to name a few I've thought of.

Duncan
03-02-2008, 02:15 AM
I remember when Greengrass said he would title the next one "The Bourne Redundancy." I guess he changed his mind.

megladon8
03-02-2008, 03:07 AM
I'm hoping they bypass the Ludlum books and picking a cheesy pun title that still fits:

Bourne Again
Bourne to Run / Bourne in the USA
Bourne Under Punches

Just to name a few I've thought of.

Those are good, but I personally like "The Bourne Continuey" best :)

DSNT
03-02-2008, 03:20 AM
This one should be called The Bourne Currency because these crackas are co' printin' money.

Kurosawa Fan
03-02-2008, 03:22 AM
Cripe. I like the series, but enough already.

Wryan
03-02-2008, 04:04 AM
The Bourne Again Christians

I'll leave quietly...

MadMan
03-02-2008, 04:12 AM
I actually wish they had ended the series with the third film. But these movies make money so here we go again....

Sycophant
03-02-2008, 04:34 AM
If they can get both Damon and Greengrass, I'm sold. The third picture was my favorite. Hope Gilroy is involved somehow.

Boner M
03-02-2008, 05:22 AM
I pledge Bourne To Play The Gee-tar, where Matt Damon loses his memory in a barfight, one to slowly re-discover that he's a beast at the titular instrument, and must make a cross-country journey across the USA in order to duke it out with David Strathairn in a flamenco guitar competition.

Spinal
03-02-2008, 07:36 AM
Bourne Free or Die Hard

Morris Schæffer
03-02-2008, 08:55 AM
If they can get both Damon and Greengrass, I'm sold. The third picture was my favorite. Hope Gilroy is involved somehow.

It's difficult to deny the feeling that all that is needed for a new entry in the franchise is some new agents higher up the command chain determined to hunt Bourne down, but these movies are more about the thrill of the chase rather than mesmerizing narratives. As Ebert puts it:

But why, if I liked the movie so much, am I going on like this? Because the movie is complete as itself. You sit there, and the action assaults you, and using words to re-create it would be futile. What actually happens to Jason Bourne is essentially immaterial. What matters is that something must happen, so he can run away from it or toward it. Which leads us back to the MacGuffin theory.

I sort of agree. The last one was one of my faves of 2007 so it stands to reason that the franchise isn't close to running on empty just yet. I do wonder about the premise however. I can't imagine that they'll simply bring in some new bosses that are above Strathairn and Glenn's pay grade and simply start over again. They'll need a new angle.

Ezee E
03-02-2008, 02:13 PM
I'd rather see Greengrass do some other stuff now.

number8
03-02-2008, 05:31 PM
I'd rather see Greengrass do some other stuff now.

At least he's doing that Iraq movie first before this, isn't he?

megladon8
03-02-2008, 10:45 PM
I'm guessing the plot will involve the government wanting Bourne's help this time.

Rowland
03-02-2008, 10:47 PM
Ultimatum was already the Bourne Redundancy. If they insist on making another, I hope they mix things up a bit more instead of continuing to spin their wheels.

Ezee E
03-03-2008, 12:15 AM
At least he's doing that Iraq movie first before this, isn't he?
I assumed as much, but I haven't heard a thing about it.

MacGuffin
03-03-2008, 02:02 AM
Maybe this time he will employ ultra shakey cam. You know, the one we don't talk about around here... :confused:

Sycophant
03-03-2008, 02:17 AM
Maybe this time he will employ ultra shakey cam. You know, the one we don't talk about around here... :confused:You used the confused smiley. I am, too, as I really don't know what you're talking about.

MacGuffin
03-03-2008, 02:19 AM
You used the confused smiley. I am, too, as I really don't know what you're talking about.

:|

Rowland
03-03-2008, 02:25 AM
http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/corky/corkysm77.gif

Sycophant
03-03-2008, 02:25 AM
:|:eek:

That is to say, what is it we don't talk about around here?

Winston*
03-03-2008, 02:27 AM
http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/corky/corkysm77.gif

Okay, I'm sure I just saw this smiley change it's colour and expression. Either I'm going crazy, or your smiley is alive.

Rowland
03-03-2008, 02:30 AM
Okay, I'm sure I just saw this smiley change it's colour and expression. Either I'm going crazy, or your smiley is alive.http://smilies.vidahost.com/otn/other/1blushudder.gif

MacGuffin
03-03-2008, 03:03 AM
:eek:

That is to say, what is it we don't talk about around here?

http://www.pressconnects.com/blogs/soundcheck/uploaded_images/shhhh-724395.GIF

Wryan
03-03-2008, 03:19 AM
http://www.pressconnects.com/blogs/soundcheck/uploaded_images/shhhh-724395.GIF

Is Mr. Smiley gonna have to choke a bitch?

Grouchy
03-04-2008, 02:46 AM
Ultimatum was already the Bourne Redundancy. If they insist on making another, I hope they mix things up a bit more instead of continuing to spin their wheels.
I had a blast with Ultimatum on theaters, but even I have to admit it's basically the same movie as Supremacy. It even has some copycat scenes, like Bourne sniping agents from the roof of an adjacent building.

bac0n
03-04-2008, 02:54 PM
I'm guessing the plot will involve the government wanting Bourne's help this time.

I'm guessing lighthearted rom-com where Julia Stiles reveals to Bourne that they were engaged to be married before he became Jason Bourne, and it's up to Jason now to rediscover his capacity to love. It's rocky at first, cuz Joan Allen has the hots for Bourne, so she puts a hit on Stiles, and the brother of Bourne's girlfriend from the first two movies puts a hit on Bourne, thinking he's responsible for... ...her death.

In the end, Bourne proposes to Stiles, she says yes, and the two hit-people chasing them fall in love with each other, and Joan Allen, well, she eventually learns to just let go of her feelings for Bourne and goes back to her miserable suburban existence and sexless marriage.

Sycophant
03-04-2008, 04:35 PM
I want to give you $200 million for that pitch, bac0n. Awesome. Sauce.

Milky Joe
03-04-2008, 06:50 PM
I had a blast with Ultimatum on theaters, but even I have to admit it's basically the same movie as Supremacy. It even has some copycat scenes, like Bourne sniping agents from the roof of an adjacent building.

No, not really. I don't remember Bourne sniping anyone in Ultimatum. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Supremacy is a big steaming turd of a film compared to Ultimatum. That said, I'm not sure I need a fourth, but I'll see it anyway.

megladon8
03-04-2008, 06:51 PM
Did Bourne even snipe anyone in Supremacy?

I only remember him looking through the scope to watch Pamela Landy while he was talking to her on the phone.

Morris Schæffer
03-04-2008, 07:15 PM
That's what happened yeah. The Landy spotting scene. 2X.

Milky Joe
03-04-2008, 07:56 PM
And it wasn't like they repeated that scene because they ran out of ideas. It was meant to parallel the last movie that way.

megladon8
03-04-2008, 08:35 PM
And it wasn't like they repeated that scene because they ran out of ideas. It was meant to parallel the last movie that way.

Yes, this is something I don't understand about the complaint that Ultimatum is too much like Supremacy.

That was the whole point - the repetition of scenes/events from the past two films, leading to the conclusion.

Greengrass is far too skilled and respectable a filmmaker, methinks, to just shamelessly repeat plot points for no reason.

Grouchy
03-05-2008, 12:00 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Supremacy is a big steaming turd of a film compared to Ultimatum.
Dude, you gotta quit those Hobbit herbs.

Even admitting such a substantial quality leap between the two movies, for me the biggest thrills are clearly on Supremacy's side of the fence. To each his motherfucking taste, I guess. Did you mean you hated the second and loved the third one?

Rowland
03-05-2008, 12:21 AM
I don't think Ultimatum is simply too much like Supremacy. It doesn't do anything terribly interesting with the characters or the Bourne universe that the previous two movies hadn't already explored, besides some easy allegorical points with the dramatically inert final revelations. It plays like a narrative skeleton designed solely to house the action set pieces, unimaginatively repeating plot/emotional beats from the previous two movies in the process.
That was the whole point - the repetition of scenes/events from the past two films, leading to the conclusion.What whole point is this?

transmogrifier
03-05-2008, 12:10 PM
I thought Supremacy had a cooler henchman in Karl Urban than anything Ultimatum could offer, though the latter had better set-pieces. Though it also had a more ridiculous ending.

Tie.

Morris Schæffer
03-05-2008, 02:37 PM
Yes, this is something I don't understand about the complaint that Ultimatum is too much like Supremacy.

That was the whole point - the repetition of scenes/events from the past two films, leading to the conclusion.

Like Rowland, I'd like to know also what that point is. :)

Milky Joe
03-05-2008, 03:16 PM
I don't think Ultimatum is simply too much like Supremacy. It doesn't do anything terribly interesting with the characters or the Bourne universe that the previous two movies hadn't already explored, besides some easy allegorical points with the dramatically inert final revelations. It plays like a narrative skeleton designed solely to house the action set pieces, unimaginatively repeating plot/emotional beats from the previous two movies in the process.

Your narrative skeleton comment is sort of apt in that it's pretty much a straight-shot from beginning-to-end, not leaving much room for like, distractions. In that way I found the film to be incredibly focused. The whole thing plays out like the culmination of everything that was sort of hinted at in the first two films. It's set up beautifully in the opening scene when Bourne tells the guy, "My argument is not with you." Bourne has a mission, and he's learned from past experiences to not let anything distract him from that mission. Right away we know that there is not going to be any room in this one for cheesy existential crises, or sappy romantic subplots (barring a few flashbacks that are ten times more effective in flashback form than they were in Supremacy). Part of what I love about the movie is the intangibles: the grizzled, weary visage of Bourne that reveals not a man but a shell; it's the face of a man who has had absolutely everything taken from him, but who has resolved to let absolutely nothing stop him from exacting his revenge. Bourne in the first two movies is like a boyscout compared to this guy (kind of like Indiana Jones in Last Crusade compared to Raiders).

That's not to mention certain real world parallels I think the film comments on beautifully, which is a big part of why I love it so much. But that's another discussion...

Like Rowland, I'd like to know also what that point is.

The point is simply to clue the audience in on the fact that Landy is sending Bourne a coded message. If there's anything more heady in it than that, I'll leave it to meg to expound on. :)

Morris Schæffer
03-05-2008, 03:36 PM
I sort of recall the same line also "You still look tired" or something along those lines when being across the street on a rooftop. Meh, no big deal.

megladon8
03-05-2008, 09:36 PM
Sorry it took me so long to reply - I don't know why, but it didn't show the thread as having any new posts, so I didn't bother looking in here.

The repetition of scenes represented many different things, according to the scenes we're talking about.

The stuff with Nicky, where she cuts and dyes her hair, etc. was Bourne atoning for his guilt over the death of Marie. He was reliving the events he went through with Marie, then doing what he should have done - he sends Nicky far awayaway, taking her out of harm's way, instead of trying to keep her around for his own personal reasons (love).

The stuff with Pamela Landy and the other CIA agents was Bourne's growing familiarity with this life he's trying to escape. He's getting so used to being hunted that he's just going through the motions at this point - just like how his incredible fighting skills and ability to speak several languages took him off guard in the first film because they came as second nature, living as a target has become second nature to him by this point.

EvilShoe
03-06-2008, 07:59 AM
Wait, wasn't the rooftop scene simply the same as in Supremacy?
(As in: exactly the same, and just clueing us in that parts of Ultimatum take place between the beginning of Supremacy and the ending)

Grouchy
03-06-2008, 02:12 PM
Wait, wasn't the rooftop scene simply the same as in Supremacy?
(As in: exactly the same, and just clueing us in that parts of Ultimatum take place between the beginning of Supremacy and the ending)
Huh, no. It was another, similar scene involving different characters other than Bourne.

Morris Schæffer
03-06-2008, 02:59 PM
Huh, no. It was another, similar scene involving different characters other than Bourne.

Such a pointless debate, but I think Evilshoe is right. There was Bourne across the street and Landy in her office receiving a phonecall from the former. 100% the same.

Melville
03-06-2008, 03:52 PM
No, EvilShoe is right. Everything before the rooftop scene in Ultimatum takes place between the Russian car chase and the final scene in Supremacy.

Sycophant
03-06-2008, 03:54 PM
Just one more voice to reiterate that EvilShoe is right.

Milky Joe
03-06-2008, 04:25 PM
Uh, no. You're all wrong.

Grouchy
03-06-2008, 04:40 PM
Uh, no. You're all wrong.
Hahah!

Ok, sorry, then. I had it wrong.

Milky Joe
03-06-2008, 04:44 PM
Oh, Grouchy, I wasn't referring to you in that. I was referring to EvilShoe and everyone agreeing with the preposterous notion that parts of Ultimatum take place during Supremacy. That's nonsense.

Grouchy
03-06-2008, 04:49 PM
Oh, Grouchy, I wasn't referring to you in that. I was referring to EvilShoe and everyone agreeing with the preposterous notion that parts of Ultimatum take place during Supremacy. That's nonsense.
Oh, so I'm right and everyone's wrong?

I demand an apology now.

Sycophant
03-06-2008, 05:14 PM
It's only the coda of Supremacy that's repurposed and replayed in Ultimatum, but I'm pretty confident it's the same. Quite possibly down to the same footage, though I'd have to compare to know that for sure. There isn't much overlap, but there's a little.

Milky Joe
03-06-2008, 05:21 PM
The only thing that's the same is the situation. It's the same office, the same building across the street. The dialogue is the same until she tells him that his birthday is 4/15/71 or whatever, which is a coded message. The scene is replayed like this to make the code apparent. It's not the same footage and it's definitely not taking place during Supremacy, which was my main objection to what they were saying.

Grouchy
03-06-2008, 05:24 PM
The only thing that's the same is the situation. It's the same office, the same building across the street. The dialogue is the same until she tells him that his birthday is 4/15/71 or whatever, which is a coded message. The scene is replayed like this to make the code apparent. It's not the same footage and it's definitely not taking place during Supremacy, which was my main objection to what they were saying.
That's exactly what I was arguing, too.

Sycophant
03-06-2008, 05:40 PM
Wikipedia isn't always 100% accurate, but it says this:

The end of The Bourne Supremacy when Bourne is talking to Landy while spying on her from another building, is where the second half of The Bourne Ultimatum picks up (the two movies overlap). However, for an unexplained reason, at the beginning of this scene at the end of "The Bourne Supremacy", Pamela Landy's phone rings when Bourne calls, but in the "Ultimatum" version, her phone vibrates.

Rowland
03-06-2008, 08:48 PM
What's confusing about this is that the coda for Supremacy occurs... when? Ultimatum opens with Bourne escaping from the police after leaving the girl's home from the end of Supremacy, so where does the prank call coda fit into the timeline?

Melville
03-06-2008, 11:22 PM
What's confusing about this is that the coda for Supremacy occurs... when? Ultimatum opens with Bourne escaping form the police after leaving the girl's home from the end of Supremacy, so where does the prank call coda fit into the timeline?
Yeah, that scene doesn't make much sense if it's not identified with the scene in Ultimatum.

Rowland
03-06-2008, 11:27 PM
Yeah, that scene doesn't make much sense if it's not identified with the scene in Ultimatum.Which only makes the scene in Ultimatum all the more nonsensical, because it supposes that the Supremacy scene did occur, given how Bourne uses this past event as a means of coding Allen's character.

Melville
03-07-2008, 12:46 AM
Which only makes the scene in Ultimatum all the more nonsensical, because it supposes that the Supremacy scene did occur, given how Bourne uses this past event as a means of coding Allen's character.
It didn't occur to me that he needed to reference a past event to accomplish that, given his mad problem solving skills. I say whoever makes sense of the whole thing deserves a No-Prize.

Grouchy
03-07-2008, 03:36 PM
"You liked Rashomon!"
"That's not how I remember it!"

MadMan
03-10-2008, 03:10 AM
This thread reminds me that I finally need to watch the third flick. Especially since I got it as a X-Mas present last X-Mas.

EvilShoe
03-10-2008, 09:57 AM
Greengrass and Damon on Bourne 4:
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=22138

"We’ve just kind of been amused by the whole thing," said Matt Damon of the rumour suddenly circulating everywhere after a Variety article last week. "I think it’s one of these stories that has a life of it’s own. Not that we’re against it, we’re all for doing a fourth movie but it means coming up with a good story. There are a lot of things that would have to happen before we would sign up for it."

So, that's what the leading man says, but what about the director? "What does Matt say?" asks Greengrass. "He says yes? It’s news to me. I think the truth is that it’s a very well loved franchise, but we’re in the process of trying to work out what kind of film you could make. If there is one, what would it be? How it could go? Without any pressure; without any commitment to it, but everybody loved the franchise. We love it, but none of us would want to go again unless we’re sure there’s a worthwhile film and that could take some time. You don’t want to do that when you feel like you’ve got to make it and none of us need to, so that’s where we are".
Guess it's not a lock after all.

Henry Gale
03-10-2008, 04:11 PM
Pretty much the type of response from them I was expecting. It would have been odd if they went from what they were saying around the time Ultimatum came out about a 4th one to being 100% for it now, but it looks like they're just about in same place.

megladon8
12-08-2008, 08:32 PM
A little news on the fourth film. (http://movies.ign.com/articles/936/936395p1.html)

Amnesiac
12-08-2008, 08:58 PM
I actually haven't seen any of the Bourne films. Maybe it was all those negative comments about Paul Greengrass's dizzying, nausea-inducing camerawork.

I should still check them out sometime.

number8
12-09-2008, 12:26 AM
I actually haven't seen any of the Bourne films. Maybe it was all those negative comments about Paul Greengrass's dizzying, nausea-inducing camerawork.

I should still check them out sometime.

I find those claims highly exaggerated.

Grouchy
12-09-2008, 01:25 AM
I find those claims highly exaggerated.
Me too. As fast as the editing is, you can always make sense of what's going on.

If you could watch the shaky cam scenes in the last two Bourne films back to back with the crappy action scenes of Hancock you could realize how dizzy camerawork can be both good or bad depending on how it's done.

Rowland
12-09-2008, 01:42 AM
I found the camerawork and editing in Supremacy rather masterful, while some of the action sequences in Ultimatum were too abstracted for their own good. I honestly had no idea what was happening during the second half of the car chase in Ultimatum.

MadMan
12-09-2008, 02:42 AM
The third one is the best of the series (I saw it some months ago). I'm still not sure they should do a forth film, but if they make it I'll probably go see it. I had no problem with the shaky steady cam at all. I thought it was kind of cool, actually, and added a sort of intense feel to the action sequences. I like the first film the best, however. The second was the only one I actually saw in theaters.

Dukefrukem
12-09-2008, 04:14 AM
I hated the first two, never watched the third.

Milky Joe
12-09-2008, 04:24 AM
I found the camerawork and editing in Supremacy rather masterful, while some of the action sequences in Ultimatum were too abstracted for their own good. I honestly had no idea what was happening during the second half of the car chase in Ultimatum.

Flip Supremacy and Ultimatum around, and replace "car chase" with "movie," and you've got my experience almost exactly.

Morris Schæffer
12-09-2008, 10:38 AM
Me too. As fast as the editing is, you can always make sense of what's going on.

If you could watch the shaky cam scenes in the last two Bourne films back to back with the crappy action scenes of Hancock you could realize how dizzy camerawork can be both good or bad depending on how it's done.

Yeah, that's exactly right. :cool:

Melville
12-09-2008, 01:48 PM
Flip Supremacy and Ultimatum around, and replace "car chase" with "movie," and you've got my experience almost exactly.
Yeah, I agree. The car chase in Supremacy consisted mostly of smashing sounds. In Ultimatum most of the action seemed much easier to follow, although I can't recall the car chase very well.

Anyway, all the Bourne movies rock.

Morris Schæffer
12-02-2009, 10:46 AM
Greengrass is out, Brett Ratner is in.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=26393

Okay, the Ratner thing was a joke.

MadMan
12-04-2009, 03:27 AM
Greengrass is out, Brett Ratner is in.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=26393

Okay, the Ratner thing was a joke.Not funny man. Not funny at all :|

Okay I chuckled a little.

Morris Schæffer
06-10-2010, 10:43 AM
News!!

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=28090

number8
06-10-2010, 01:30 PM
No Greengrass, no Bourne. It really is that simple for me.

Morris Schæffer
10-05-2010, 10:38 AM
Tony Gilroy will helm The Bourne Legacy!

http://www.deadline.com/2010/10/exclusive-tony-gilroy-directing-bourne-identity-4/#more-72274

number8
10-05-2010, 01:28 PM
He's not a bad choice, but meh. No Greengrass, no Bourne. Just kill this already.

Ezee E
10-05-2010, 01:29 PM
Gilroy has nice visuals, but otherwise bores me with what he's done so far.

Morris Schæffer
10-11-2010, 10:46 AM
Interesting...maybe

There were a few unanswered questions following last week's news (http://www.empireonline.com/news/feed.asp?NID=29109) that Tony Gilroy would be directing the next instalment in the Bourne franchise. Thanks to Hollywood Elsewhere though, we now have clarification: Matt Damon will certainly not be returning for The Bourne Legacy (http://hollywood-elsewhere.com/2010/10/gilroy_corrects.php).
That's not because the role of superspy Jason Bourne is being re-cast. It's because Bourne isn't in the film at all. "No one's replacing Matt Damon," says Gilroy, the writer of all the Bournes so far and director of the ace Michael Clayton. "There will be a whole new hero."
If that doesn't chime with what you think you know about The Bourne Legacy, it's possibly because the film will have nothing to do with Eric Van Lustbader's novel (the fourth in the series; Lustbader continued the novels after Robert Ludlum's death). Lustbader's Legacy involved Bourne, some Chechen terrorists and a bacteriological weapon, but Gilroy says that, "It's a completely original screenplay, and we will not be using that story."
Thankfully though, we don't seem to be looking at a Next Generation or a Son of Bourne. Gilroy insists that, "This is not a reboot, it's a whole new chapter. The easiest way to think of it is an expansion or a reveal. Jason Bourne will not be in this film, but he's very much alive. What happened in the first three films is the trigger for The Bourne Legacy, and everyone who got into them will be rewarded for paying attention. I'm building a legend and an environment and a wider conspiracy."
"We're going to show you the bigger picture, the bigger canvas," Gilroy says, and concludes, tantalisingly, "The world we're making enhances and advances and invites Jason Bourne's reappearance somewhere down the road..."

Dukefrukem
08-26-2013, 08:54 PM
Talks are back open; Universal is currently attempting to lure Matt Damon and director Paul Greengrass back to the BOURNE franchise.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/63854?utm_source=feedly

Morris Schæffer
08-27-2013, 05:46 PM
Talks are back open; Universal is currently attempting to lure Matt Damon and director Paul Greengrass back to the BOURNE franchise.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/63854?utm_source=feedly

They're not. It's been debunked by Universal.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=38559

Dukefrukem
08-27-2013, 07:34 PM
Fuccking AICN

Morris Schæffer
11-11-2013, 07:29 AM
Justin Lin will direct bourne 5, gilroy won't write, but Renner's back.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=39332

Dukefrukem
11-11-2013, 11:18 AM
When the hell is Justin Lin getting around to Terminator?

EvilShoe
11-11-2013, 11:50 AM
Alan Taylor's the rumoured choice for the new Terminator.

Henry Gale
11-11-2013, 01:12 PM
Alan Taylor's the rumoured choice for the new Terminator.

He basically already has the job, they just haven't confirmed it. He did very little deny it during Thor's press rounds.

EvilShoe
06-20-2014, 01:50 PM
Moved to 2016. Damon rumoured to return. Doubt it, though.

Also: chems!

I have no idea about the chems returning.

Lazlo
06-20-2014, 02:48 PM
Moved to 2016. Damon rumoured to return. Doubt it, though.

Also: chems!

I have no idea about the chems returning.

They have to! Otherwise Renner turns into a moron! /weirdestplotpointever

GREENS!

BLUES!

max314
06-24-2014, 02:49 PM
For the record, I thought the whole genetic enhancement angle was the most interesting idea the series had produced since the initial idea of super spies.

Far more interesting than who-gives-a-fuck oil deals involving a random Russian guy, or inconsequential "You volunteered!" plot twists.

Dukefrukem
06-24-2014, 07:26 PM
I agree with max here. I thought Legacy was the best in the series (not saying much since I don't really like the Bourne series). For some reason, they always have some secret program under the secret program. Which makes no sense.

max314
06-24-2014, 11:01 PM
I'd rank The Bourne Identity as the best in the series.

The Bourne Legacy has its flaws, but I'd rank it second.

The Greengrass entries can snap a snooker cue and fight it out in a haze of incomprehensible shaky cam for the last two spots.

number8
06-24-2014, 11:34 PM
For some reason, they always have some secret program under the secret program. Which makes no sense.

And Legacy's the worst offender.

Dukefrukem
06-25-2014, 12:35 PM
And Legacy's the worst offender.

No disagreement there. I just think overall the movie was way more entertaining than the previous three. Plus Rachel Weisz.

EvilShoe
06-25-2014, 12:51 PM
Legacy was one of the most pointless, aimless movies I've ever seen. Didn't go anywhere, then ended.

Seeing Renner on Louie recently makes me hope he's about to leave the action movie world behind.

number8
06-25-2014, 03:29 PM
Seeing Renner on Louie recently makes me hope he's about to leave the action movie world behind.

He'd do very well in a deadpan action-comedy capacity, I think:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/14/149111/3521088-6346177540-30849.jpg

Lazlo
06-25-2014, 04:37 PM
Yeah, let's please have Marvel make a lower-budget Hawkeye solo movie. There's no good reason every Marvel movie has to be a world-saving tentpole. Let's have a few smaller stories peppered in, please. If Daredevil wasn't going to be a Netflix series, that would be another one that could use that approach. But I guess it's symptomatic of the larger Hollywood problem of the evaporation of movies in the $20-75 million range.

Lazlo
06-25-2014, 04:39 PM
Also: Fuck Bourne Legacy. I hate that movie so so much.

Morris Schæffer
06-25-2014, 04:44 PM
Legacy was capable and not boring. But yeah, pointless. I wonder if a new one, with Damon, will also not be pointless. Hasn't the Jason Bourne tale played out by the end of Ultimatum? Could this franchise reclaim its former glory with Damon as an operative working for the USA instead of being chased by the USA?

number8
06-25-2014, 04:47 PM
Yeah, let's please have Marvel make a lower-budget Hawkeye solo movie. There's no good reason every Marvel movie has to be a world-saving tentpole. Let's have a few smaller stories peppered in, please. If Daredevil wasn't going to be a Netflix series, that would be another one that could use that approach. But I guess it's symptomatic of the larger Hollywood problem of the evaporation of movies in the $20-75 million range.

Interestingly, though, if anyone can do it, it's Disney right now. Maybe if they'll make a $40 mil Hawkeye/Black Widow thriller, the trend will reset. Wishful thinking, I know.

max314
06-25-2014, 08:57 PM
Legacy was one of the most pointless, aimless movies I've ever seen. Didn't go anywhere, then ended.

It definitely had a point.

I do agree that it had a weak ending, but then so did Greengrass' films.

Morris Schæffer
09-16-2014, 05:32 AM
Damon and Greengrass return!!

http://deadline.com/2014/09/universal-reuniting-matt-damon-paul-greengrass-for-another-jason-bourne-film-834821/

max314
09-17-2014, 11:27 AM
Wow! Look how erratically the camera is shaking! It's like it's really happening!

Morris Schæffer
06-20-2015, 07:12 PM
Julia stiles will return. Viggo mortensen will possibly join.

Morris Schæffer
07-28-2015, 08:38 PM

Tommy Lee Jones has joined!

Morris Schæffer
09-02-2015, 05:21 AM

No viggo, but vincent cassel instead. Probably the one that chases bourne.

megladon8
09-02-2015, 05:36 AM
Something about Cassel has always rubbed me the wrong way.

Maybe that'll work to his advantage here, playing the villain.

transmogrifier
09-02-2015, 07:29 AM
La Haine should get Cassel on side with you.

number8
09-09-2015, 07:11 PM
First day of filming wrapped.

https://i.imgur.com/dyxsbXx.jpg

megladon8
09-09-2015, 08:04 PM
Lol. "Wrapped". And he's wrapping his hands.

Good one, Greengrass et al. Delicious wit.

Morris Schæffer
02-08-2016, 05:18 AM
https://youtu.be/_gBnmKOixDM

Morris Schæffer
04-21-2016, 10:56 AM
https://youtu.be/7uLVIUuEfFY

Melville
04-22-2016, 07:43 PM
I'm psyched.

Henry Gale
04-23-2016, 12:38 AM
Pumped too, but just hoping the horribly cliche bits ("My god..", bus driving past Bourne to have him disappear, etc.) are trailer-only creations.

Still easily near the top of my most anticipated movies of the summer, slightly behind The Neon Demon, and a bit above The Nice Guys, with Civil War, Kubo, X-Men, and likely some things I'm forgetting about too.

Grouchy
04-23-2016, 05:28 PM
I can't even gather the enthusiasm to watch the trailer. This franchise should be dead by now.

transmogrifier
04-23-2016, 10:12 PM
Oh, Bourne is being chased again.

Milky Joe
04-24-2016, 10:51 PM
Most definitely down for this. Hoping it's more Ultimatum than Supremacy tho

Henry Gale
04-25-2016, 03:49 AM
Most definitely down for this. Hoping it's more Ultimatum than Supremacy tho

I mean, I'll take the quality and aesthetic level of either, but Supremacy is easily my favourite.

Ivan Drago
04-25-2016, 04:17 PM
I really wish this was actually called, 'The Bourne Continuey'.

Morris Schæffer
07-26-2016, 10:04 AM
Early reviews coming in. Looks like a divisive affair so far.