PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone hate Michael Jackson . . . ?

Wryan
02-29-2008, 11:36 PM
I mean completely. Setting aside the personal stuff, which is just way too easy. Does anyone actually hate everything he's done? Is that even possible? Even nearly-objectively great stuff like "Billie Jean," or "Thriller," or "Smooth Criminal," or "Beat It"?

I myself have to go back every once in a while to remind me how awesome he really was, cause sometimes it's easy to forget what time and 27,342 plastic surgery procedures can do to a man.

I know it's kind of silly to make a thread like this, considering the glut of MJ-ness we've been subjected to over the decades. It's almost meta-pointless to talk about him seriously as an artist these days. It's like walking and talking in concentric circles that never end. Just wondering.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/1xtra/tx/gallery/media/ap_jackson_thriller_405.jpg

ledfloyd
02-29-2008, 11:54 PM
I'm not ashamed to say I own Off the Wall, Thriller, and Bad. The first two are damn good albums, the third one has some damn good songs.

Keep on, with the force don't stop, don't stop til you get enough.

Wryan
03-01-2008, 12:00 AM
I'm not ashamed to say I own Off the Wall, Thriller, and Bad. The first two are damn good albums, the third one has some damn good songs.

Keep on, with the force don't stop, don't stop til you get enough.

Hooooooooo!

bac0n
03-01-2008, 12:08 AM
Don't Stop Till You Get Enough is one of the very greatest pop songs ever created. This is cannon, not open to conjecture or debate.

lovejuice
03-01-2008, 12:16 AM
Don't Stop Till You Get Enough is one of the very greatest pop songs ever created. This is cannon, not open to conjecture or debate.

indeed. MJ makes me feel like a man.
um...that doesn't sound right...

MadMan
03-01-2008, 01:53 AM
Look I thought that Prince was better for a while. Then I listened to all of Thriller and I realized that I had been acting crazy. Sure Prince is great but he doesn't compare to Wacko Jacko's talent when Jackson was at his peak.

D_Davis
03-01-2008, 06:38 AM
Look I thought that Prince was better for a while. Then I listened to all of Thriller and I realized that I had been acting crazy. Sure Prince is great but he doesn't compare to Wacko Jacko's talent when Jackson was at his peak.

Prince has the edge as a musician though. That dude can wail on the guitar.

But MJ was freaking awesome.

Spinal
03-01-2008, 08:05 AM
The song that for me best demonstrates Michael Jackson's talent is the Jackson 5 singing "Santa Claus is Coming to Town". I mean, it's a piece of shit song, an utterly obnoxious Christmas carol and he transforms it into something magical and infectious. I heard it a while back and I remember thinking, oh yeah, that's why he's so famous.

But I'll still take Prince.

Kurosawa Fan
03-01-2008, 12:01 PM

This is fact.

MadMan
03-02-2008, 01:32 AM
Prince has the edge as a musician though. That dude can wail on the guitar.

But MJ was freaking awesome.Okay, fair enough. I loved Prince's performance at last year's Super Bowl. That was electric.

DSNT
03-02-2008, 03:23 AM
MJ's music as a kid > MJ's music as an adult

And that includes Thriller.

Duncan
03-02-2008, 07:08 AM
I don't hate him, but I can't say I ever liked him.

Wryan
03-03-2008, 03:08 AM
J5's "I Want You Back" is awesome, as is KT Tunstall's cover of it.

Qrazy
04-14-2008, 11:16 PM
I don't hate him, but I can't say I ever liked him.

Agreed.