PDA

View Full Version : London Has Fallen (Babak Najafi)

TGM
03-05-2016, 05:04 PM
LONDON HAS FALLEN

Director: Babak Najafi

imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3300542/?ref_=nv_sr_1)

http://webtrafficsuccess.xyz/img/img/f01bcb56cdf018adcce2add510b5ff ba.jpeg

TGM
03-05-2016, 05:06 PM
If Zootopia is the best movie I've seen this year so far, then London Has Fallen is by far the worst. This movie was gratuitous fucking horse shit. My god this series is fucking terrible...

Dukefrukem
06-04-2016, 02:29 AM
Ha! Just when I started to get worried they couldn't make an "America FUCK YEH" movie while taking place in London...This is just as fun and dumb as the first movie. I'd say it excels in more areas than the first movie.

First, the conflict is very abrupt and sudden with very little backstory on planning and setting up for the attack. It's nice to see that kind of surprise rather than the DIE HARD of 'here come the bad guys in the fake cable truck, and fake uniforms, setting up bombs blah blah blah." Shit just starts happening.

Second, there's actually a really nice one shot towards the end that seemed a bit out of place when compared to the editing of the first two acts. Butler is doing his best Arnold impersonation and it works! IN the span of 10 minutes he's quoting Predator "Get the to the chopper" and "Stay here I'll be back" in his best American accent.

It's going to be fun to see how he gets the President out of 'Paris has Fallen'.

Skitch
06-04-2016, 02:52 AM
I also really enjoyed this big silly action movie. Most fun uses of the word 'fuck' Ive seen in a while.

Dukefrukem
06-04-2016, 02:59 AM
I also really enjoyed this big silly action movie. Most fun uses of the word 'fuck' Ive seen in a while.

That reminds me. What did he say to the terrorist? To go back to Fuck-ganastan?

Henry Gale
06-04-2016, 10:26 AM
That reminds me. What did he say to the terrorist? To go back to Fuck-ganastan?

AAAHAHAHA what!?

Dammit, I reeeeally, really don't want to watch this movie. I need to find a clip of that moment.

Dukefrukem
06-04-2016, 12:47 PM
AAAHAHAHA what!?

Dammit, I reeeeally, really don't want to watch this movie. I need to find a clip of that moment.

Yes that line is real.

This too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33Mdw4fwvWc

Skitch
06-04-2016, 07:54 PM
Yeah it has some brutal violence. I can't remember the fuck-ganastan line exactly. I liked this exchange:

"Stay here until I get back and don't open the door for anyone but me. I'm going to kill as many as I can."
"What if you don't come back?"
"Well then you're fucked."

Just off hand stuff like that makes me chuckle because Butler delivers it so playfully. I know it doesn't read as well as the scene plays, but yeah.

Devlin
08-03-2017, 02:00 PM
I finally broke down and watched this last night. I can't decide if this is one of the worst movies I've seen in recent years, or the most awesome. The action scenes are so outrageous they're sometimes inspired, but the dialogue is just horrendous. My favorite moan inducing line "I wondered when you were going to come out of the closet." Yeesh! :rolleyes:

Dukefrukem
08-03-2017, 02:23 PM
It can't be the worst movie you've ever seen because it doesn't take itself seriously. It's very light on realism.

(See the video posted above - lol)

Devlin
08-03-2017, 02:27 PM
It can't be the worst movie you've ever seen because it doesn't take itself seriously. It's very light on realism.

Very true. I can honestly say that I was entertained throughout. At times by my own MSTK treatment. I don't regret watching it. So that's something.

Dukefrukem
08-03-2017, 02:34 PM
Still need to understand how TGM hated this movie so much but liked Power Rangers (which takes itself VERY seriously)

TGM
08-03-2017, 06:12 PM
Still need to understand how TGM hated this movie so much but liked Power Rangers (which takes itself VERY seriously)

Because serious or not, Power Rangers wasn't putrid garbage. ;)

Dukefrukem
08-03-2017, 06:17 PM
But it was... it was like Fantastic Four meets The Lone Ranger. Gritty. Dark. Humorless. Boring.

The 1995 movie was better.

Irish
08-03-2017, 06:21 PM
I will sidestep this debate to ask:

Has Gerard Butler ever been in a good movie? Or even a decent one?

I can't think of anyone else who repeatedly stars in shit but keeps getting cast. (Maybe Bruce Willis?)

Follow-up question: Gun to your head, you're forced to choose between Willis or Butler in a DTV movie, whom do you pick?

TGM
08-03-2017, 06:35 PM

I thought 300 was good.

I can't think of anyone else who repeatedly stars in shit but keeps getting cast. (Maybe Bruce Willis?)

Follow-up question: Gun to your head, you're forced to choose between Willis or Butler in a DTV movie, whom do you pick?

Probably Butler. At least he appears to try and have some fun these days, which is more than can be said about Willis, who just seems miserable and bored to be there more often than not.

TGM
08-03-2017, 06:37 PM
But it was... it was like Fantastic Four meets The Lone Ranger. Gritty. Dark. Humorless. Boring.

The 1995 movie was better.

The Lone Ranger was also good. ;)

(Fantastic Four, not so much. Nor am I seeing the comparison, if we're being honest...)

Skitch
08-03-2017, 07:38 PM

Having just watched the trailer for the Death Wish remake, I'll take Gerard Butler all day long. I love his bonkers movies. He just seems to be enjoying the hell out of himself, and that makes me enjoy the films even if they're shitty.

Devlin
08-03-2017, 07:52 PM

Just shoot me

Skitch
08-03-2017, 08:34 PM
Just shoot me

Smile you sonofa....

/orcacallback :p

Dukefrukem
08-04-2017, 12:45 AM

Butler because he wont be a dick when he has to promote it.

transmogrifier
08-04-2017, 02:19 AM

Reign of Fire. That's literally it though.

Skitch
08-04-2017, 11:58 AM
I would add Beowulf & Grendal, RocknRolla, and Coriolanus as legit good films.

Devlin
08-04-2017, 01:59 PM
Smile you sonofa....

/orcacallback :p

:cool: