PDA

View Full Version : House of Cards (Season 4)

Dukefrukem
01-29-2016, 12:37 PM
March 31, 2016 (oh btw, it's been renewed for Season 5 already)

http://cdn.mos.techradar.com/art/Streaming%20Services/Netflix/house-of-cards-season-4-970-80.jpg

Ivan Drago
01-29-2016, 02:18 PM
That website, and the ad campaign for this season have been absolutely brilliant.

Dukefrukem
02-11-2016, 02:25 PM
https://youtu.be/NTzycsqxYJ0?list=PLMKk4lSYoM-yGH-S13qBOQ33qVAeF-kD4

DavidSeven
02-19-2016, 07:43 PM
About halfway through Season 3. Really struggling to finish the season. Not outright bad, just deathly dull. Think they progressed the narrative way too quickly; it's run out of juice. Hopefully, they still have something interesting left to say.

They made Frank the president too soon, no? Feels like the series has no stakes left whatsoever.

Russ
03-09-2016, 02:11 AM
That website, and the ad campaign for this season have been absolutely brilliant.
Season 4 is shaping up to be that too. So great too, after the disappointment that was Season 3.

The women rule: 84 year-old Ellen Burstyn and 92 year-old Cicely Tyson are great additions, as is...Neve Campbell! But right now this show belongs to Robin Wright, who gives us a bigger, badder, more ruthless cutthroat vision of Claire Underwood. She has been nothing short of spectacular so far.

Dukefrukem
03-12-2016, 11:38 AM
Episodes 4-6 might be the best in the series.

And damn, Neve Campbell was a surprise.

DavidSeven
03-13-2016, 01:40 AM
I'm through Episode 8. The season has been so much better than prior seasons overall but Kinnaman just feels like such a weird casting choice. It kind of dampens this last half for me, as that bit alone kind of stretches the believability of the show.

Wright is excellent. Campbell and Burstyn were nice additions. Agree with Duke that the middle stretch of episodes is the best the series has had so far.

Dukefrukem
03-15-2016, 12:43 PM
Finished it last night and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Much better than last season. Probably not as good as Season 1. But solid all around. The last 2 episodes are pretty great. And those 4th wall breaks in the last 15 seconds, perfect.

Mara
03-22-2016, 02:27 AM
Hey, did you realize that Kevin Spacey is only seven years older than Robin Wright?

I seriously thought he had fifteen years on her.

Morris Schæffer
05-01-2016, 07:48 PM
Done with s4 and you're all pretty much on target. Another great season. Underwood is just so ruthless and Spacey plays him brilliantly. I was deeply moved halfway through

One thing I didn't quite understood was Freddy's outburst at the president. That was a lot of anger. Where did that come from?

Dukefrukem
05-01-2016, 08:17 PM
One thing I didn't quite understood was Freddy's outburst at the president. That was a lot of anger. Where did that come from?

Season 3.

Morris Schæffer
05-01-2016, 09:27 PM
Season 3.

How? When? Didn't he give freddy a job as gardener and social sec for himself and his grandson? What happened afterwards that i missed?

Dukefrukem
05-02-2016, 01:16 PM
How? When? Didn't he give freddy a job as gardener and social sec for himself and his grandson? What happened afterwards that i missed?

There was building animosity when he lost his restaurant franchise and forced to close after his grandson's violent behavior. Frank was forced to denounce Freddy's relationship in the media to distance him from the violent family. Freddy lost everything and then was used as part of the Jobs campaign where he was given a custodian job. He was then fired and Frank finally gave him a job at the whitehouse hoping he would be a cook. But because of that assumption he wanted to be a caretaker.