PDA

View Full Version : The Masked Saint (Warren P. Sonoda)

TGM
01-16-2016, 07:06 AM
THE MASKED SAINT

Director: Warren P. Sonoda

imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3103166/?ref_=nv_sr_1)

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/68/The_Masked_Saint_poster.jpg

TGM
01-16-2016, 07:14 AM
So, heh, I watched that silly religious wrestling movie The Masked Saint, and, oh boy, lol. This thing makes absolutely no sense. So wrestling is real, but it's still a work, but only sometimes. And also, being a religious movie, God is obviously real as well, and he apparently hates wrestling. Or, at least, more specifically, masked wrestlers. Because you see, they're obviously LYING, having to hide under a mask and all. (Just saying, but God might wanna stay away from Mexican wrestling. :P ) And that's the lesson to learn here. I might go a lot more in depth with a proper review, but this movie was fucking lunacy, lol.

What's more surprising is, given the screwy logic of its wrestling aspect, which is bound to drive any wrestling fan or anyone in the industry absolutely batty, Roddy Piper actually plays a pretty significant role in this thing. So, with that in mind, even when things made absolutely NO SENSE, the fact that he was able to put up with it and was okay playing along did put me a bit at ease, and allowed me to perhaps be a bit more forgiving than I otherwise would have.

I also loved how every outside establishing shot of the building they were wrestling in showed this really big arena, only for us to go inside and see it all take place in the tiniest rinky dink high school gym around. Fucking hilarious!

This movie is something else. I can't even say who its target audience is, as your typical religious folks will likely be turned off by the wrestling and brief vigilante aspects, but then wrestling fans won't like this either, as the movie is totally insulting their intelligence all the way through. I dunno, but either way, this was an awful film, but in a hilarious way. I ain't even mad. In fact, it's quite frankly the best movie I've seen this year so far! ;D