PDA

View Full Version : The Death of "Superman Lives": What Happened?

Dukefrukem
12-22-2015, 08:56 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgo0aksBD6Z DWjZHVFTxU8ROScn4noZyJMYZiiLli 67Ixmeumg

Irish
12-22-2015, 09:00 PM
Question: Is this movie more or less interesting than the stories Kevin Smith told about Superman Lives during An Evening with Kevin Smith?

Dukefrukem
12-22-2015, 09:02 PM
This is so good. Hearing how Hollywood worked in the mid 90s is bonkers. Jon Peters could be certifiably insane.

Dukefrukem
12-22-2015, 09:03 PM
Question: Is this movie more or less interesting than the stories Kevin Smith told about Superman Lives during An Evening with Kevin Smith?

Yes. Some of my favorite parts are the stories he tells, that are directly contradicted by Jon Peters. It's hilarious. Almost as if Jon doesn't want to believe that version of himself ever existed. The only reason I could think of why Kevin would lie about that stuff is he was technically fired. BUt even then I wouldn't think he cared.

I know we all wanted to see this movie... but damn... we think Spider-man 3 had too many characters?

number8
12-22-2015, 09:07 PM
I watched this a while back and it really did surprise me how interesting it is. The project definitely doesn't sound like the total disaster you'd think it is if you only go by Smith's famous story and that Nic Cage costume test photo that was going around. I like that the doc followed up on those two things, too.

Dukefrukem
12-22-2015, 09:35 PM
The test footage with Cage has him with real long hair. Does that mean that's really his hair in Con Air??

number8
12-22-2015, 09:39 PM
Well, that's the other interesting thing. I always assumed it was just his hair at the time he went in for costume fitting. I was surprised to learn from the doc that they actually wanted his hair in the movie like that, because they were using '90s Superman as reference.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6sivaprIp1qh6tudo1_400 .png

Dukefrukem
12-22-2015, 10:12 PM
Yeh. How about the stuff around Brainiac's ship? some of those art pieces were amazing.

But I loved the stuff around Jon Peters. He's oblivious to his disruptive behavior around this project. And then the phone call in the middle of the interview. Lol.