PDA

View Full Version : Boruto: Naruto the Movie (Hiroyuki Yamashita)

TGM
12-16-2015, 06:53 AM
BORUTO: NARUTO THE MOVIE

Director: Hiroyuki Yamashita

imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4618398/?ref_=nv_sr_1)

http://tube.hk/images/titles_cache/700x980_movie13153postersborut o_naruto_the_movie-japan.jpg

TGM
12-16-2015, 06:56 AM
Not sure how much anyone else here will care about this one, but I'm a pretty big fan of the series, and it's pretty cool to see this movie get screened here in the States in the same year it released in Japan. Happened to catch one of those screenings this weekend, and yeah, I really loved this one quite a bit. Not just a great Naruto movie, but it's honestly a genuinely fantastic movie even beyond that, with phenomenally fluid and creative animation, and a truly surprising amount of character depth, especially for a movie of this type. Wrote some more fleshed out thoughts on the experience seeing it on the big screen here: http://cwiddop.blogspot.com/2015/12/boruto-naruto-movie.html

Skitch
12-16-2015, 11:40 AM
I watch as much as I can. I've been working through the series since they added it to Netflix, but theres sooooo much. 50+ episodes in season one alone! I'm about a dozen in to season two.

Ivan Drago
12-16-2015, 04:24 PM
I watch as much as I can. I've been working through the series since they added it to Netflix, but theres sooooo much. 50+ episodes in season one alone! I'm about a dozen in to season two.

That's why as much as I like One Piece, I can only tune into it every once in a while. Very little happens in every episode to advance the story.

TGM
12-16-2015, 04:38 PM

Yeah, they're not gonna make it easy to catch up, either. Even though the manga ended last year, the anime has insisted upon moving forward with 2 extended filler arcs despite that, even though they've only had about 20 more chapters left to adapt for well over a year now. They're determined to keep this show going for as long as possible, even if it's to the show's own detriment, heh. But at least in the meantime they've also been doing really well with the canonical movie releases that take place after the series' end.

Are you in part 1 of the anime, or Shippuden? If part 1, there's a certain point where you can literally skip all the rest, as it's all filler after about episode 135 or somewhere around there. Shippuden's a bit tougher, since the filler arcs are a lot more scattered, and they liked to integrate canon and filler a hell of a lot more in that series, so it's harder to skip at times. Assuming that matters, at least. :P

TGM
12-16-2015, 04:40 PM
That's why as much as I like One Piece, I can only tune into it every once in a while. Very little happens in every episode to advance the story.

Yeah, that's one of those shows where people who are into it tend to be super into it, but for everyone else, myself included, it's almost too daunting a task. It starts off sooooo slow, and in the manga at least, each chapter is so jam packed with an almost overwhelming amount of detail that a single chapter can take about 3 or 4 times as long to read as your average manga. And, considering the sheer amount of chapters there are now, yeah, I don't think I'm up to that task, no matter how intrigued I may be at times, heh.

Skitch
12-17-2015, 12:15 PM
It speaks volumes to the genius of those Dragonball dvd sets having that 'marathon' mode. Cut out all the bullshit and just linked together all show parts. Could watch a whole disc of episodes in couple hours.