PDA

View Full Version : Vacation (Daley & Goldstein)

Dukefrukem
12-02-2015, 09:56 PM
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/sites/default/files/2015/06/vacation_ver2.jpg

Dukefrukem
12-02-2015, 09:57 PM
This was funny!

Is Chevy Chase turning into a pumpkin?

TGM
07-01-2018, 08:31 PM
So a friend loaned this out to me recently. I don't know why they did, as I didn't ask or express interest in it, nor have I ever been interested in seeing this movie. It's never looked good to me, nor have I ever heard anything good about it. It's honestly not even really up my alley in terms of taste in film. I even declined the initial offer to borrow it, but they insisted, so I said okay. And I watched it last night. And yeah, this was pretty much precisely as bad as I was expecting.

There are a handful of chuckles, most notably for the all too brief five minutes that Chris Hemsworth is on screen (he's the only shining light in this steaming pile of shit), but the rest of this movie is miserable, and I spent 90% of it cringing. Just an awful, awful, awful movie, that doesn't even know what it wants to be. Does it want to be a hard R raunchy comedy, or something silly and cartoonish for the kiddies? Because it's got both of those comedy styles in here, and neither of them mesh all that well together, and really just left me shaking my head asking, what the fuck was every single person involved with this thing thinking?

Just simply horrible. And I'm even more confused now as to why my friend was so insistent to loan this out to me. Surely they had to have known that I was going to hate this?

Dukefrukem
07-01-2018, 10:06 PM
I laughed at all the car bits.