Dukefrukem
02-26-2008, 08:26 PM
Julianne Moore in a horror film about "West Virginia mountain people."

I thought this was funny...

Film's casting call wants that 'inbred' look
By David M. Brown
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A movie about to be filmed in Pittsburgh is casting Gothic characters -- including an albino-like girl and deformed people -- to depict West Virginia mountain people.

"'Regular-looking" children need not apply.

That's the gist of an open casting call for paid extras for "Shelter," a horror film starring Julianne Moore that will begin shooting in Pittsburgh in March.

The casting call scheduled for Sunday invites "men and women of all races, 18 or older," to try out as extras, according to the announcement from Downtown-based Donna Belajac Casting. But the extras wanted for the West Virginia scenes evoke images of "Deliverance" and "The Hills Have Eyes."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/mostread/s_554266.html

MadMan
02-26-2008, 11:58 PM
Are some of them going to be Mountaineers fans? :P

Wryan
02-27-2008, 12:09 AM
Are some of them going to be Mountaineers fans? :P

Careful now. I went to ASU. I don't care about sports but that region has looooooong fought a lopsided battle about the depiction of the people of the region in popular mediums. That casting call is actually pretty irritating to me.

MadMan
02-27-2008, 07:13 AM
Careful now. I went to ASU. I don't care about sports but that region has looooooong fought a lopsided battle about the depiction of the people of the region in popular mediums. That casting call is actually pretty irritating to me.My joke was pointed at Mountaineer fans simply because of their ugly actions towards Rich Rodregaz after he went to Michigan.

To be honest I'm really sick of these types of movies. Inbred rednecks attacking idiot lost tourists was a cliched plot idea from the get go. Honestly.

Dukefrukem
02-27-2008, 01:24 PM
My joke was pointed at Mountaineer fans simply because of their ugly actions towards Rich Rodregaz after he went to Michigan.

To be honest I'm really sick of these types of movies. Inbred rednecks attacking idiot lost tourists was a cliched plot idea from the get go. Honestly.

well of course we're sick of them now after they remake a crappy one and then make a sequel out of it....

to be honest, i want a third one... i hate it when there's 1 sequel to a movie

like Ghostbusters bugs the shit outta me..