PDA

View Full Version : iZombie (Season 2)

Mara
10-08-2015, 04:41 PM
Oooooh this premiere developed the mythology and upped the stakes in a way that I am really excited about.

Seriously this has the potential to be one of the best shows on television. Wouldn't have predicted that a year ago.

dreamdead
10-08-2015, 06:33 PM
Oooh. Interesting--we'd forgotten that this was premiering this week, so I can't wait to get to it in the coming day.

I'm hoping Liv's roommate isn't gutted from the cast--her disappearance in the final episodes last season were a bit depressing for those of us (me) hankering for some non-main character romance.

Mara
10-14-2015, 05:54 PM
I love Ravi soooooo much and I was terrified that Liv was going to shave off his glorious eyebrows and I'm really glad she didn't.

Also, in this episode, Ravi gets high and dances with his shirt off, so A+ effort, show.

dreamdead
10-15-2015, 01:40 AM
Yeah, this remains eminently fun, with loopy tangents and character moments that can make some of the weaker crime-of-the-week fresh and entertaining. The repartee between Liv and Ravi makes this, and while I wish the show would figure out some additional history/backstory to make Babineaux more than a static cop character, it's developing a fascinating universe this season. Not sure Blaine needed daddy issues, but the performances made even that material more than the rote bad guy back story.

Apparently Peyton is due back at some point this season, and it'll be interesting to see how that shapes things up.