PDA

View Full Version : The Last Man On Earth (Season 2)

Henry Gale
10-05-2015, 02:42 AM
https://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/last-man-on-earth.jpg?w=650&h=963

VAGUE SPOILERS FOR THE FIRST TWO EPISODEZ

The premiere was pretty great, ending on that pretty stunningly somber note, so at first I was a bit confused and disappointed that this second episode already did away with most of its conflict after the first act, but the direction it went ‒ particularly with its final moments ‒ have managed to reconfigure the direction of things in a much less expected way.

I hope it's not doing too many things too quickly without reason. (Not sure how much of a renewal it got, but with all of this happening in just two episodes, I don't know how it can keep this pace for even eight more.) To my mind, the basic plot points of the season so far could've been mined for so much more goofy leisure and awkward conflict (which is very much the same way I felt after the pilot), especially just with Phil and Carol's cross-country road trip (but considering how expensive-looking the scenes they did have looked, I can understand moving on from it from a budgetary standpoint), and I hope it simply doesn't re-settle into a modified version of the status quo of last season, but there are a lot of new elements in play to take things in even more morbid and ridiculous directions.

The beach bit in this episode was exactly the sort of insanely dark and deliriously funny thing that made me step back and marvel that this is actually a network TV comedy.

Acapelli
12-16-2015, 04:20 AM
most recent episode was devastating

Acapelli
04-26-2016, 02:59 AM
does no one else watch this?

loved the most recent episode

no idea how anything this weird is on network tv

Henry Gale
04-26-2016, 03:24 AM
I am very behind, but catching up and will report back!

Dukefrukem
12-08-2016, 11:02 PM
Hah. I just got into a twitter fight with Payman Benz about Unions in the U.S.

Hah.

Peng
12-09-2016, 11:38 AM
I regret clicking that. This should have been in Random Thoughts.