PDA

View Full Version : The Signal (William Eubank)

Grouchy
07-10-2015, 03:38 AM
http://siguealconejoblanco.es/cine/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/poster-for-the-indie-sci-fi-thriller-the-signal.jpeg

Grouchy
07-10-2015, 03:48 AM
Has none here seen this? It's pretty good, suspenseful and fairly unpredictable. It has killer special effects despite the lower-tier budget. It also feels like the director had enough ideas for three other movies in here.

One thing that bugged me is the pretty boy cast posing as hackers. It bugged me even more because the protagonist seems to have a degenerative disease similar to Walter White's son (I'm going out on a limb here, they could be wildly different things) and so it was kind of disappointing that the actor wasn't RJ Mitte. Here was a role that was perfect for the poor bastard.

Irish
07-10-2015, 04:22 AM
Saw it and loved it ... except for the last 20 minutes. (I kinda figured that, though, because any movie that has this frenetic a pace and this many ideas isn't going to pull a rabbit out of its ass and deliver a great ending.)

The rest of it was freakin' brilliant though. Loved every second.

Skitch
07-10-2015, 11:47 AM
I liked it, but I was overall kind of disappointed. After the girl goes flying up in the sky, I guessed what was going on, then there was a loooooong stretch where not much happens as we wait for the characters to catch up. I really dug the last 20 minutes (minus the overused slo-mo), but that should have been the end of the second act. Then the third act ends so quickly you barely have a second to absorb what is happening and its over. I finally got to some interesting stuff and they end it.

Grouchy
07-10-2015, 05:03 PM
After the girl goes flying up in the sky, I guessed what was going on, then there was a loooooong stretch where not much happens as we wait for the characters to catch up.
What do you mean? You saw that and correctly guessed the hacker was an alien?

Skitch
07-10-2015, 06:11 PM
What do you mean? You saw that and correctly guessed the hacker was an alien?

No I guessed that they were abducted. Wasnt it in the trailer, stuff about aliens? Either they hinted aliens in the trailer or I assumed it, either way, when girl went up I assumed abducted for rest of movie.

Grouchy
07-10-2015, 06:47 PM
I don't know. I entered the movie without any clue as to what it was about.

Regardless, that was a great shot.

Dukefrukem
07-19-2015, 02:49 PM
I don't know. I entered the movie without any clue as to what it was about.

Regardless, that was a great shot.

Same here. Really enjoyed this.

I suppose the biggest question is why integrate alien tech with humans?