PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Kinkade's Home for Christmas

Sycophant
02-21-2008, 08:11 PM
This movie is sitting in cans somewhere on Lionsgate property. Someone is dreaming up a way to sell this to a public that will be all too eager to eat this up. Someone is snickering about how this isn't going to premier on CBS but rather will earn millions in a theater, maybe even a theater near you.

This shit's for real (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0999872/).

I quote one of my favorite things SomethingAwful ever published, when Zack Parsons was making campaign promises:

Famed master painter Thomas Kinkade will be paid to travel around the world painting pictures of every beautiful sight and animal he can find. When he's done - and I'm only budgeting for about 50 paintings - we'll hang all of the pictures in a museum and then bulldoze the planet to make room for a Wal-Mart parking lot. When that's done we'll bulldoze the museum because I fucking hate Thomas Kinkade.

Wryan
02-21-2008, 09:00 PM
Jared Padalecki, Peter O'Toole, and Thomas Kinkade. Haha. Match made in something.

lovejuice
02-21-2008, 10:10 PM
who's kinkade? and why does he inspire so much hate?

Sycophant
02-21-2008, 10:13 PM
who's kinkade? and why does he inspire so much hate?
He is the anointed "Painter of Light." His simple, vapid paintings of landscapes and houses (often in snow, often at sunset) go down easy, are sold at mall kiosks, and decorate every white American grandmother's calendar. He's the only contemporary artist too many people know and I hate him in a way that's really pointless, stupid, and not worth my time.

D_Davis
02-21-2008, 10:18 PM
He's like the Kenny G of painting.

Totally milquetoast.

lovejuice
02-21-2008, 10:28 PM
ahhh....i always wonder if someone actually takes time to paint those pictures, or they are made via some computer program.

Sycophant
02-21-2008, 10:31 PM
ahhh....i always wonder if someone actually takes time to paint those pictures, or they are made via some computer program.
Nope. Hacks exist.

D_Davis
02-21-2008, 10:35 PM

You can't mimic that quality.

Wryan
02-21-2008, 11:30 PM
You can't mimic that quality.

But you can shop it out to a workshop of drones.

MadMan
02-22-2008, 02:09 AM
He's like the Kenny G of painting.

Totally milquetoast.*Shudders* That's all I needed to know.

Scar
02-26-2008, 01:17 PM
I like some of his work.