PDA

View Full Version : Wayward Pines Season 1

Dukefrukem
05-14-2014, 12:33 AM
Major spoiler toward the end of the trailer but I'm intrigued. Love the cast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z-b3Nw6Znw

Henry Gale
05-14-2014, 02:49 PM
The cast is really good, but what are we really expecting here? 10-episode series with a pretty boringly twisty/conspiracy-y premise with a pilot directed and creatively shepherded by post-Lady In The Water Shyamalan.

I guess one upside is unlike Sleepy Hollow and Under the Dome, if this somehow does well enough, they won't actually turn it into a normal series because there's no way those actors are going to come back every year. It'll have an ending! (Resolution and audience contentment TBD)

Could've been a cool video game. As a show, seems like a bunch of things we've already seen blended into a gray mush.

MadMan
05-15-2014, 08:52 AM
Eh it doesn't look too bad, although I get the whole Twin Peaks vibe strongly emitting from it. That cast is great but M. Night being involved is a major red flag these days.

Acapelli
05-16-2014, 03:52 AM
I guess one upside is unlike Sleepy Hollow and Under the Dome, if this somehow does well enough, they won't actually turn it into a normal series because there's no way those actors are going to come back every year.
don't really see why not

EyesWideOpen
05-16-2014, 03:52 PM
don't really see why not

This was filmed over a year and a half ago. It was supposed to air last season and they held it so I'm assuming the majority of the cast has moved on to other things.

EvilShoe
05-16-2014, 04:06 PM
Terrence Howard is doing Empire for Fox. So yeah.

Dukefrukem
02-20-2015, 11:23 AM
What ever happened to this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DxySpq6jFY

Ezee E
02-24-2015, 12:28 AM
I thought it was coming out in the summer?

It's on Fox, so there's no chance I'll be able to keep up with it.

Dukefrukem
04-24-2015, 07:56 PM
Watch the first episode here-

http://www.fox.com/watch/432517699965/7684059648?cmpid=tsm:yt-FOX-WywrdPns_YTFullEps_2015_001

Awe isn't that cute? It opens the same way as Lost.

EyesWideOpen
04-26-2015, 05:11 AM
Watched the opener tonight. I thought it was pretty good and has a hell of a cast. I'm looking forward to see where they go with this.

Mara
05-15-2015, 03:52 PM
This was better than expected. I am wary of it sustaining the long game, though.

Dukefrukem
05-15-2015, 03:57 PM
I had fun with it too. But it's giving off a Lost feel. That makes me weary.

http://matchcut.artboiled.com/showthread.php?5454-Wayward-Pines

Acapelli
06-03-2015, 05:17 AM
i like this dumb show

Mara
06-03-2015, 02:36 PM
I totally like it. Not even embarassed.

EyesWideOpen
06-07-2015, 03:58 PM
I totally like it. Not even embarassed.

Same here. My only issue is that I've never liked Matt Dillon as an actor and this show is not changing my feeling on that.

Mara
06-07-2015, 06:53 PM
Same here. My only issue is that I've never liked Matt Dillon as an actor and this show is not changing my feeling on that.

I'm okay with him. And Shannyn Sossamon is actually a better actress than expected-- she always played the most ridiculous roles in the 90's. Her part is underwritten but she's doing pretty well with it.

EyesWideOpen
06-14-2015, 02:59 PM
That was one hell of an episode. I didn't expect this kind of reveal in episode 5 of a 10 episode series.

Mara
06-14-2015, 09:26 PM
I... sort of feel the same. But I hope that the explanation we have been given is either untrue or incomplete. Because although it's super interesting, it's not enough to explain a lot of what we've seen so far.

If this is truly the preservation of the extinct human species, they are doing a terrible job. Keeping these terrible secrets, murdering people in public... this is not a way to preserve a race. There's also no good explanation for the goods and services that the people have. Who is making this ice cream? From what cows? Who is packaging it and delivering it? Who makes these shiny washing machines? I think we've been given a little bit, but not quite enough, and I suspect at least some of what we've been told is lies.

Henry Gale
07-04-2015, 05:14 AM
I've yet to watch this week's, but yeah, I blew through the rest last week and it's one of the more uniquely entertaining things I've seen in a while, especially from network TV. (Not sure if the FX Studios card at the end means this was originally meant for cable, but it wouldn't surprise me.)

I both love that it's a self-contained 10-episode season and want it to go on much longer all the same. Gonna be great while it lasts though. A totally unexpected and perfect summer show (as autumny as it may be in its look).

Dukefrukem
07-06-2015, 12:57 PM
My OCD is kicking in. Can we merge these threads?

Thirdmango
07-08-2015, 12:18 AM
I... sort of feel the same. But I hope that the explanation we have been given is either untrue or incomplete. Because although it's super interesting, it's not enough to explain a lot of what we've seen so far.

Agreed. I was liking the show right up to this reveal and then suddenly I was completely gone. Almost everything they had set up doesn't work within the confines of the reveal.

How do the towns people in Idaho know about Wayward Pines being a creepy town if it doesn't exist yet. Why would the cop over night just become super evil and sabotage everyone making them get into huge car crashes just to put them into suspended animation. How did the original cop friend know about the system and decide to put his friend into it? Unless there is a backwards time machine or the reveal isn't real then there's just too much going on that I can't deal with.

Mara
07-08-2015, 01:52 AM
My OCD is kicking in. Can we merge these threads?

Done... I think. Unless you meant another thread.

Dukefrukem
07-11-2015, 02:36 AM
Whoa... Ok... What was that at the end of episode 3? I'm hooked back in.

Dukefrukem
07-11-2015, 12:29 PM

If this is truly the preservation of the extinct human species, they are doing a terrible job. Keeping these terrible secrets, murdering people in public... this is not a way to preserve a race. There's also no good explanation for the goods and services that the people have. Who is making this ice cream? From what cows? Who is packaging it and delivering it? Who makes these shiny washing machines? I think we've been given a little bit, but not quite enough, and I suspect at least some of what we've been told is lies.

I have an even bigger question:

If there are hibernation chambers used to make humans sleep for 2000 years, how did they know they needed to do this in the first place? Also how did Terrence Howard go back and forth between both worlds?

edit: these questions are answered in later episodes.

Dukefrukem
07-26-2015, 01:19 PM
I loved all but the last two episodes. I thought it ended up turning into a lame action movie.

Acapelli
07-27-2015, 04:37 AM
yeah end of this was a wet fart

Mara
07-27-2015, 02:52 PM
The very last scene was cool, but other than that I couldn't really care about the last couple of episodes.

Dukefrukem
12-10-2015, 02:26 PM
Somehow, this got a second season.