PDA

View Full Version : Justified (Season 6)

Raiders
04-01-2015, 01:23 AM
I guess nobody else has stayed with it, but this season has been magnificent. The double-crossing, cat-and-mouse games and deliciously slimy Sam Elliot have all been wonderful. Nice with it being the last to be building the momentum towards its inevitable final stand-off that I truly don't know how exactly will end. The dialogue has also been extraordinary. Very florid yet vague in the best tradition of the show.

Best season since the second and it may rival that one.

transmogrifier
04-01-2015, 02:11 AM
It's the only hour long show I'm following ATM. So much better than last season.

number8
04-01-2015, 02:17 AM
I watch every week, actually. And yeah while I've liked the past few seasons' various power struggle turns, this season has captured the fun of the first two again. It's appropriately back to basics while still following through on all the threads they've accumulated.

EyesWideOpen
04-01-2015, 03:00 AM
I'm on episode 7 but yeah this season is great. I'm one of the few who's loved every season.

Morris Schæffer
04-12-2015, 08:13 PM
Oh wow they added Sam Elliot! Granted, sans the tache, but Sam fucking Elliot! Can't wait to jump into episodes 3 and 4 tomorrow.

Loving Dillahunt too!

Thirdmango
04-13-2015, 02:57 AM
I'm also on the week to week just with not too much to say. I haven't watched the last episode yet since I'm waiting for the finale and then I'll watch them both. Sad to see this go. One of my favorites for the past couple years.

Morris Schæffer
04-13-2015, 08:09 PM
Episode 3, directed by Robocop of all people, was amazing. Sam Elliot killls it. Which is why I was awfully dissapointed they had to drag Dickie Bennet into this again. But Sam Elliot man! That face, those brows, such oily menace.

Acapelli
04-14-2015, 04:39 AM
finally caught up

mikey

:(

Raiders
04-16-2015, 02:38 AM
Little uneven finale and not sure of the necessity of that final standoff, though I did like the sort of divine implication of the bullet just missing and ruining Raylan's hat - the final coda of his tenure. But that last scene, so elemental and perfect for the series and glad to see it didn't end with an obvious climax but kind of an uncertain whisper. The story isn't really over, and I like that (also leaves open a potential follow-up).

Very strong season and I will sincerely miss this show. I hope laconic Olyphant continues to be seen on TV and the big screen.

EyesWideOpen
04-16-2015, 04:29 AM
That was as about as perfect of a finale as I could have imagined.

number8
04-16-2015, 02:08 PM
I didn't find it uneven at all. I'm actually impressed by how pat it all was. I really like the ending for each of the characters, and that there are still the kind of left field anticlimactic surprises this show is really good at, like Winona's new husband, and how Wynn Duffy's ominous getaway car procurement ended up being a really minor part. I love that they smartly wrapped up the Boone/Markum story in the first half and spent the second half on that long of a coda. I think we knew the moment Boone entered the story this season that that standoff was going to happen. It is more fitting than having it with Boyd.

The final scene... There's nothing to be said about it. It's about as perfect a final scene as a long running series can hope for.

EvilShoe
04-21-2015, 09:35 AM
The final scene... There's nothing to be said about it. It's about as perfect a final scene as a long running series can hope for.
Yes.

Great finale to an underrated show.

Thirdmango
04-27-2015, 01:09 AM
Just also wanted to add in as I just watched the finale. That last scene was about as good as any television there has been. That's why I love tv shows for those moments. Great final touch to a fantastic show. There aren't too many dramas that I'll rewatch, but I think I might at least watch the first two seasons again.

Morris Schæffer
04-30-2015, 08:53 PM
Those final words, perfect. It seemed like they were balls deep in wrappin' up shit mode just cuz, and then Raylan shows up at the prison - had to be him! - and it gets really, well, dang, I suppose you could say romantic. Throw some candles in there and they wouldn't be amiss no sir, but it was genuine. Powerful and I just flatout love they're both still alive.

like Winona's new husband

Jason Gedrick from Iron Eagle, back in Florida, after being Ray Stephenson's crony in season 6 (or 7) of Dexter.