PDA

View Full Version : I feel very strongly that you should be watching 'Togetherness' on HBO

Irish
01-20-2015, 02:16 PM
That is all.

amberlita
01-20-2015, 08:34 PM
I am! Many things to like about it so far. Why do you feel strongly about this?

Irish
01-20-2015, 09:05 PM
I liked the actors, the characters. First episode was funny and warm. Second episode was less successful but hey everybody got naked so that was something.

(I hope they stick to the characters instead of covering well worn sitcom territory like "boss is a jerk" and "wife wants to get laid.")

Irish
01-20-2015, 09:05 PM
I liked the actors, the characters. First episode was funny and warm. Second episode was less successful but hey everybody got naked so that was something.

(I hope they stick to the characters instead of covering well worn sitcom territory like "boss is a jerk" and "wife wants to get laid.")

amberlita
01-21-2015, 01:10 AM

Agreed on all points. I really hope they do something original with the inevitable romance between the sister and best friend. I can kind of see that coming a mile away.

The only scene that bothered me in the last episode was the bedroom scene. I felt Duplass made the husband so "adorably clueless" that he became obtuse. The entire thing felt less organic when I could feel the click of the typewriter forcing the husband to be more chatty and slow-witted in an effort to force the awkwardness into comedy. But my opinion on this may be skewed. Maybe that's really how husbands would react to something new. I can't help but think they'd want to make it less difficult on both of them though.

Skitch
01-21-2015, 12:30 PM
I feel very strongly that everyone should be talking about Peaky Blinders a hell of a lot more. :)

EyesWideOpen
01-23-2015, 11:59 PM
Agreed on all points. I really hope they do something original with the inevitable romance between the sister and best friend. I can kind of see that coming a mile away.

The only scene that bothered me in the last episode was the bedroom scene. I felt Duplass made the husband so "adorably clueless" that he became obtuse. The entire thing felt less organic when I could feel the click of the typewriter forcing the husband to be more chatty and slow-witted in an effort to force the awkwardness into comedy. But my opinion on this may be skewed. Maybe that's really how husbands would react to something new. I can't help but think they'd want to make it less difficult on both of them though.

I'm with you on that bedroom scene. These first two episodes have been heavily about the husband really wanting to have sex with the wife and she not wanting to so for in that scene for him basically to be doing everything he can to not get laid when his wife is obviously "going for it" didn't make any sense.