PDA

View Full Version : Archer, season 6

Philip J. Fry
01-12-2015, 06:59 AM
http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/Archer-Season-6-Trailer.jpg
It began last Thursday. Unexpectedly poignant at the end, BTW.

Skitch
01-20-2015, 11:59 AM
I love this show.

Philip J. Fry
01-21-2015, 04:28 PM
So... real Krieger or clone Krieger?

Philip J. Fry
01-25-2015, 10:25 AM
Teutonic butts! Teutonic butts!

White on white butt!
White on white butt!

Philip J. Fry
02-06-2015, 05:24 AM
This elevator episode was just awesome...

dreamdead
02-06-2015, 09:30 PM
I've been coming off like a Debby Downer in the TV threads, but this week's bottle episode just didn't do much for me. We get confirmation of Robot Krieger and how no one really cares (though I'd expect the show to return to this element), and a lot of doubling-down on lines regarding the pleading return of "Phrasing." Otherwise, eh. This season hasn't wowed me yet.

Melville
02-08-2015, 06:01 PM
This season has been pretty consistently hilarious. A return to form after the weak last season, which relied too much on the wacky situation for its (often unfunny) comedy. The show's best humor comes from its characters' quirks, and this season has rightly put the focus back on that.

Philip J. Fry
02-27-2015, 03:30 AM
Hogwarts gets a new Defence against the Dark Arts teacher. Sterling Archer. (https://www.reddit.com/r/WritingPrompts/comments/2x8af1/eu_hogwarts_gets_a_new_defence _against_the_dark/)

"Good morning. First, shut up. Second, which one of you knows a spell to get me a bottle of Glengoolie Blue?"
Hermione Granger raises her hand. "I believe the correct enunciation is accio scotch."
"Whatever, just do it," Archer says, pinching the bridge of his nose between his fingers.
"Second, today we are going to be learning personal defense concepts. How... how many, uhm, rounds, does a wand have?"
Hermione raises her hand again. "Yes, Kelly Kiss-Ass?" Archer asks, sarcastically.
"My name, sir, is Hermione Granger."
"Well, pip pip cheerio and a rasher of eel pie," Archer grumbles in a (bad) Cockney accent.
"Actually, my accent sounds nothing like Cockney, sir. You Americans, always assuming every British person sounds the same. Does someone from New York City sound like someone from Atlanta?"
"You can just say 'New York,'" Archer responds. "Anyway, rounds?"
"Wands don't have rounds," Draco sneers. "I wouldn't expect a muggle like you to know that."
Archer crosses the room and leans over Malfoy's table. "Listen here, real Slim Shady, do you know what 'krav maga' means?"
"Is that an unbreakable curse?" Ron asks. Hermione kicks him in the shins.
"No, idiot," Archer says. "It's the martial art all ISIS agents are required to learn. Observe."
Archer grabs Draco's arm in a painful-looking lock. Draco cries out and begins to mewl. "Oh, don't be a baby," Archer scolds. "That was, like, joint locks 101."
Archer releases Draco's arm. "Wait... wait til my father hears about this?"
"Oh, yeah, your father," Lana says from the front of the room where she leans casually against the blackboard. "Racist guy? In prison because he helped some international terrorist start a genocidal campaign?"
"Well," Pam says from the back of the room. "Technically, it wasn't genocidal so much as it was sociopathic and deranged."
"What, the," Archer sputters. "PAM!"
"What?" Pam replies, clearly aggrieved. "I got a letter from an owl stating I was to report to this class."
Carol gasps in amazement. "That was an owl? I thought it was a goshawk."
"How... how do you know what a goshawk is, but not an owl?" Cyril asks, peeking out from below a table.
"Who do I look like, John James Audubon?" Carol asks, peevishly.
"Jesus Christ, what are you all doing here?" Archer screams.
"Wake up, stupid!" Mallory's voice cuts through the din. She sweeps into the room, long black robes trailing behind her, stringly, insect-like black hair falling down in a disheveled mop over her eyes.
Archer is jolted awake. Before him, on the desk, are a copy of "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone" and an empty bottle of O'Dublin tequila. "God dammit," he mutters.
cut to the closing credits

https://www.reddit.com/r/WritingPrompts/comments/2x8af1/eu_hogwarts_gets_a_new_defence _against_the_dark/
HA!!

dreamdead
03-06-2015, 03:43 PM
Two solid episodes in a row, with more laughs than the rest of the season combined. It's good for the crew to be working together after a slew of separated story arcs.

The Kane family episode was the season MVP so far, but a lot of yesterday was equally good. The Lana and Archer arc, while expected, enabled the show to showcase Lana's sexuality, rather than committing solely to Archer's, which gave us new notes to play.

Just a little sad about Ray... it'll be interesting to see how that affects the show, if any lasting way.

[ETM]
04-06-2015, 02:27 PM
I love this. (http://www.indiewire.com/embed/player.jsp?videoId=0000014c-7da0-d560-a9ce-7da57f3e0000&width=480)