PDA

View Full Version : Worst Recognizable Song

Benny Profane
02-17-2008, 01:01 AM
"We Built This City (on rock and roll) -- Jefferson Something.

Go.

Justin
02-17-2008, 01:04 AM
Journey - Don't Stop Believing

Although that Souljah Boy song is quickly climbing to the top.

Benny Profane
02-17-2008, 01:18 AM
"Crocodile Rock" -- Elton John

megladon8
02-17-2008, 01:54 AM

Go.

:) Ya that's a terrible one.

I think last year or the year before, some magazine voted it "the worst song ever written".

Wryan
02-17-2008, 03:36 AM

Go.

Order yours today!

http://www.threadless.com/product/595/A_city_built_on_rock_n_roll_wo uld_be

MadMan
02-17-2008, 04:37 AM
Journey - Don't Stop Believing

Although that Souljah Boy song is quickly climbing to the top.Amen. I hate, hate, hate that song.

My vote goes to Souljah Boy though. Damn that song is annoying, and the dance in the video is just freakin' weird.

eternity
02-17-2008, 05:03 AM
Soulja Boy ended this thread.

Ivan Drago
02-17-2008, 05:21 AM
Soulja Boy ended this thread.

Heh, I do the dance just to make fun of it. The song is horrible too.

Horbgorbler
02-17-2008, 06:45 AM
Heh, I do the dance just to make fun of it.

Ah, yes, showing our superiority to mainstream culture by actively participating
in it, but doing so 'in jest.' This trend annoys me more than any actual modern fads.

Sven
02-17-2008, 03:13 PM
Just looked up Souljah Boy. That song is terrible.

D_Davis
02-17-2008, 03:18 PM
I think T-Pain's Buy You a Drank, or whatever it is called, is worse. And that it was the number 1 most played song on American radio last year is surely a sign of our devolution.

Benny Profane
02-17-2008, 03:20 PM
"This is Our Country" -- John Cougar Mellencamp

Milky Joe
02-17-2008, 04:24 PM

win. especially because it's associated with truck commercials.

Kurosawa Fan
02-17-2008, 04:32 PM

Yeah, fuck this song. In fact, fuck John Cougar's entire discography.

I have no idea what Soulja Boy is, and I think I'll keep it that way.

Sven
02-17-2008, 04:37 PM
In fact, fuck John Cougar's entire discography.

:sad:

Kurosawa Fan
02-17-2008, 04:42 PM
:sad:

Yeah, Jack and Diane can eat it. He's no more interesting or prolific than Bryan Adams.

Sven
02-17-2008, 04:46 PM
Yeah, Jack and Diane can eat it. He's no more interesting or prolific than Bryan Adams.

:evil:

Kurosawa Fan
02-17-2008, 04:48 PM
:evil:

Look on the bright side. We'll always have The Kinks!

Sven
02-17-2008, 04:50 PM
Look on the bright side. We'll always have The Kinks!

:)

Ivan Drago
02-17-2008, 05:05 PM

Ha, I think there's a drinking game associated with this song and the commercials. It's well deserving of one considering how it's played over....AND over.....AND over....

Kurious Jorge v3.1
02-17-2008, 06:05 PM
Hot Hot Hot

Duncan
02-17-2008, 07:33 PM
Journey - Don't Stop Believing I actually had a discussion last night with one of my friends about this song. It came on at a bar and everyone started singing along. We both contemplated vomiting. We were cooler than everyone else there.

Kurosawa Fan
02-17-2008, 07:57 PM
Journey and Steve Perry > All of you

Ezee E
02-17-2008, 08:21 PM
I actually had a discussion last night with one of my friends about this song. It came on at a bar and everyone started singing along. We both contemplated vomiting. We were cooler than everyone else there.
Thinking that you're cooler than Journey?

Not cool.

Wryan
02-17-2008, 08:28 PM
Perry has a great voice and Journey has some okay songs, but I can't listen for too long without needing a palate cleanser.

chrisnu
02-17-2008, 09:22 PM
"Barbie Girl" by Aqua.

Wryan
02-17-2008, 09:30 PM
"Barbie Girl" by Aqua.

Why'd you have to go and dredge that up?

All those meetings...........wasted now.

chrisnu
02-17-2008, 09:44 PM
I think T-Pain's Buy You a Drank, or whatever it is called, is worse. And that it was the number 1 most played song on American radio last year is surely a sign of our devolution.
*takes a listen*

Vocoders need to become contraband.

chrisnu
02-17-2008, 09:47 PM
Why'd you have to go and dredge that up?

All those meetings...........wasted now.
I'm so sorry. You can share in my pain. :cry:

It's hard for me to decide which rock poseur band is worse, Journey or Foreigner. "I Want to Know What Love Is" makes my ears bleed.

ledfloyd
02-17-2008, 10:10 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=CNB1EUJg1-w

i highly doubt anyone is cooler than that. no matter what illusions they might have.

chrisnu
02-17-2008, 10:40 PM

i highly doubt anyone is cooler than that. no matter what illusions they might have.

If i could live in the 80s i would. And i would repeat it over and over, 80's was the best years ever.

Where's a :suicide: emoticon when you need one...

Lasse
02-17-2008, 10:46 PM
"Barbie Girl" by Aqua.

No way. No.Way. :cool:

Boy You A Drank isn't that bad. I don't like it at all, but it's not the worst.

I kinda like the beat in the Souljah Boy song, but the rap is terrible, and what the hell is up with that dance?!?

EDIT: I think I have a different relationship with these songs, since this is the first time I've been exposed to both of them.

Wryan
02-17-2008, 11:09 PM

Best part is that YouTube comment right at the top: "Everyone likes this song you ASS HOLE."

Horbgorbler
02-18-2008, 03:50 AM
*takes a listen*

Vocoders need to become contraband.

Correction: that's just an abuse of pitch-correction software on T-Pain's song. Real vocoders are guh-reat!

Boner M
02-18-2008, 04:07 AM
An obvious choice, but "Who Let The Dogs Out" deserves mention.

chrisnu
02-18-2008, 04:15 AM
An obvious choice, but "Who Let The Dogs Out" deserves mention.
You... BASTARD! :frustrated:

How about... "I'm Blue". :pritch:

Justin
02-18-2008, 04:34 AM

How about... "I'm Blue". :pritch:

I see your "I'm Blue" and raise you a "Cotton Eye Joe".

Kurosawa Fan
02-18-2008, 04:37 AM
There's always "Mambo Number 5".

MadMan
02-18-2008, 05:07 AM
There's always "Mambo Number 5".Funny enough I used to hate that song. Now I think its decent. "Cotton Eye Joe" is both annoying and likable at the same time.

How about... "I'm Blue". :pritch:Hey I like that song! Its got a good beat even if the lyrics are really silly.

An obvious choice, but "Who Let The Dogs Out" deserves mention.More rep. Amen. I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, (hate times a million) that song. I'm glad the bastards who made it haven't been heard from again.

Best part is that YouTube comment right at the top: "Everyone likes this song you ASS HOLE."I'm tempted to verbally rip that guy's head off. But I've got better things to do with my time.

"Barbie Girl" by Aqua.Ugh, yes. I hate that song.

Journey and Steve Perry > All of youNo. Just no. Okay maybe Steve Perry because he's gotten laid more than I have in my lifetime. But Journey sucks. Foreigner is much better.

:sad:I second this. Sure John Cougar isn't great, but he's made some really good songs.

"This is Our Country" -- John Cougar MellencampAmen. Rep. Seriously why John Cougar? Why?

I think T-Pain's Buy You a Drank, or whatever it is called, is worse. And that it was the number 1 most played song on American radio last year is surely a sign of our devolution.Aye that song really does blow hard as well.

Also Say What I Want What You Really Really Want by the Spice Girls makes me want to blungen msyelf everytime I hear it.

Horbgorbler
02-18-2008, 07:46 AM
I agree that "Blue" is fun, but "Wannabe" is one of the best pop songs of the 90's.

Kurosawa Fan
02-18-2008, 01:17 PM
No. Just no. Okay maybe Steve Perry because he's gotten laid more than I have in my lifetime. But Journey sucks. Foreigner is much better.

If this is a popular opinion in Iowa, remind me to stay the hell away from Iowa. Foreigner is garbage. Pure garbage. I'm not sure there are many songs worse than "Jukebox Hero", "Hot Blooded", "Head Games", etc.

EvilShoe
02-18-2008, 01:39 PM
Kaiser Chiefs.
Everything.

Kurious Jorge v3.1
02-18-2008, 01:45 PM
Green Day - Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)

I hate hate hate this song.

Benny Profane
02-18-2008, 02:02 PM
Foreigner is probably the worst "classic rock" band ever.

"Paradise by the Dashboard Light" and an assortment of other artistic failures by MeatLoad.

"Bad Company", the song and the band.

Die.

Kurosawa Fan
02-18-2008, 02:07 PM

I'd go with Van Halen, but really it's a coin toss.

bac0n
02-18-2008, 03:45 PM
Um, Achy Breaky Heart, anyone?

MadMan
02-18-2008, 05:53 PM
Um, Achy Breaky Heart, anyone?I um, well, really liked that song back when I was a kid. It was popular damnit! I was just following the crowd. Honestly. *shifty eyes*

I'd go with Van Halen, but really it's a coin toss.Yes! I don't understand why people like Van Halen. They only have two songs that I actually like but the rest is crap.

"Paradise by the Dashboard Light" and an assortment of other artistic failures by MeatLoad.

"Bad Company", the song and the band.

Die.I like Meatloaf. I also dig Bad Company as well.

If this is a popular opinion in Iowa, remind me to stay the hell away from Iowa. Foreigner is garbage. Pure garbage. I'm not sure there are many songs worse than "Jukebox Hero", "Hot Blooded", "Head Games", etc.Actually if you go to Iowa you'll find that most folks here prefer Journey. Sadly :P And all of the songs you listed I find gloriously cheesy and over the top except for "Hero," which I despise.

bac0n
02-18-2008, 06:01 PM
Back when I was going to school in Iowa, the three bands you could not escape were: 1) Van Halen, 2) Boston, 3) Damn Yankees. Now, Van Halen, tho I can't say I like them, does cause me pain when listening to them. Boston, I've learned to appreciate and even like.

Damn Yankees on the other hand... *shiver*

MadMan
02-18-2008, 07:14 PM
I've never listened to the Damn Yankees. Boston though rocks hardcore in terms of their great guitar work and their really catchy if abeit somewhat long, songs. Their guitar solos are amazing. Their vocal work though leaves much to be desired, and their song writting isn't always the greatest but I'll be damned if "More Than a Feeling" or "Its Been Such a Long Time" don't get some sort of positive, nostaglia feeling out of me.

rocus
02-18-2008, 07:24 PM

This is just so wrong.

Wryan
02-18-2008, 07:43 PM
Green Day - Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)

I hate hate hate this song.

/sputters!

Just cause too many people use the song in their Windows Movie Maker High School Graduation "We Did It!" montage...doesn't mean it's a bad song!

MadMan
02-19-2008, 03:42 AM
/sputters!

Just cause too many people use the song in their Windows Movie Maker High School Graduation "We Did It!" montage...doesn't mean it's a bad song!I'd say. Its actually one of Green Day's best songs.

This is just so wrong.Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks this.

Watashi
02-25-2008, 07:19 PM
Whatever that song is called that they play at hockey games and high school pep rallies.

You know what I'm talking about.

Ezee E
02-25-2008, 07:25 PM
Whatever that song is called that they play at hockey games and high school pep rallies.

You know what I'm talking about.
The one where you either clap or slam your feet on the ground twice at the end?

I know what you're talking about.

Wryan
02-25-2008, 07:31 PM
You two better not be talking about Queen. Or ELSE.

Fezzik
02-25-2008, 07:32 PM
*twitch*

Macarena

I worked at a music store in Miami when that came out. I wanted to kill myself.

Sometimes, if it comes on the radio, I often contemplate running my car into a tree instead of changing the station.

True story.

Watashi
02-25-2008, 07:33 PM
Uh... yeah, sure.

MadMan
02-25-2008, 08:09 PM
You two better not be talking about Queen. Or ELSE.Damn straight.

I hated Macarena when it came out, and I hate it. God what an annoying piece of crap. And the dance was stupid too.

I don't recall if anyone mentioned this, but another song I loathe is Livin' La Vida Loco by Ricky Martin. Ugh.