View Full Version : The Drop (Michaël R. Roskam)

TGM
09-14-2014, 03:19 PM
THE DROP

Director: Michaël R. Roskam

imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1600196/?ref_=nv_sr_1)

http://www.chicagonow.com/hammervision/files/2014/09/the-drop-banner.jpg

Morris Schæffer
09-14-2014, 05:46 PM
I might call Bullhead the best Belgian movie ever. We're a small industry, but Roskam showed exceptional talent so I'll watch this.

Ezee E
09-14-2014, 06:06 PM
The lead performances really carry this movie. Outside of a needless cop character, I was really enthralled by this, mostly because it seems like it's been so long since there's been an icy cold, pulpy, crime movie. Out of the Furnace did it well last year.

There's a great sense of claustrophobia and paranoia throughout this, and I can't help but think it could've been even better if the movie wasn't edited so fast.

Watashi
09-27-2014, 10:59 PM
This is kinda like a watered-down A History of Violence. Hardy goes the full Brando here.

Didn't really care for the rest of the cast.

Morris Schæffer
09-29-2014, 05:25 AM
Good movie. Why did the gandolfini character accept his fate in the car right before he got shot? We see him seeing a man approach, cousin marv closes his eyes and blam blam. Odd scene.

Ezee E
09-29-2014, 10:01 PM
This is kinda like a watered-down A History of Violence. Hardy goes the full Brando here.

Didn't really care for the rest of the cast.

I feel like Noomi Rapace had absolutely nothing to work with. What a horribly written character.

Scar
01-10-2015, 01:23 AM
I :heart: Tom Hardy.

Grouchy
02-18-2015, 06:14 AM
Bad, boring flick with some good pulpy dialogue scattered here and there.

DavidSeven
08-17-2015, 07:18 PM
I liked this. There were nuances here that successfully set it apart from your typical northeast crime drama. It's certainly a character-driven film, but this character is a good one. Hardy's performance is interesting, and I initially feared he was playing it too enigmatically. Ultimately, however, that paid off in a big way. Good example of an engrossing crime drama that doesn't rely too heavily on convenient/outlandish plot turns.